gas camping oven

fat ficker

I won`t risk posting links to the sort of thing i am on about ,

just put the title into ebay uk and you will see what it is i am after,( or open the pic at the end of the post ) has anyone ever see anything like this on sale in Thailand, ,

i prefer to cook by gas and these cookers would be the ideal size for a condo / room with 2 people living in ,

if i carried it with me as part of my cargo hold weight allowance (boxed and marked fragile) would i be likely to have to pay import duties when i arrive at bkk??

if so what would the duties be??

post-186111-0-56584000-1415893128_thumb.

Interesting piece of equipment. I've never seen one like that. The top part, I've had many, that ran on either kerosene or gas. But never a portable oven! 55555

As an FYI, there are many very nice electric ovens for sale here. Several of my friends own them and they work great. You can also find some really nice electrical ones to cover the top part also. Or, go for gas as you'd have the oven already covered. All of these are readily available here.

I wouldn't worry that much about customs upon entering Thailand since the number of persons checked is minimal, my concern at bringing in such an item as this into Thailand, is will you be able to obtain the correct type of gas cylinders to operate it ?

If you bring your own, you may have problems with the airlines once they see that you have a gas appliance. There are restrictions about gas operated items in your baggage

Importing a gas cooking device to the country of gas cooking?

Sounds somewhat strange to me.

Why "camping"?

Full featured ovens for cooking and baking with gas are available in Thailand.

Sister of my wife had such a thing, but they could simply not deal with it.

Most Thais have no idea of baking (like cake)/stewing etc.

To crisp up our morning pastry we use a little electric oven.

Gas cookers without the baking part are available in the zillions, mostly 2 flames.

And of course do not use in closed (aircon) rooms. Good ventilation is a must!

The devices do not follow highest safety standards.

http://sapanmaigas.tarad.com/product-th-738561-3665181-%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%8A%E0%B8%AA+3+%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B2+%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%8A%E0%B8%AA+%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9F%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%A1+LF+350.html

lf-350.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ