Ko Chang At Songkran

DavidUK21

Hi, I am trying to pre-book a nice hotel on Ko Chang for the 13th and 14th April 2004. I am having no luck on the internet, everywhere seems to be fully booked when I contact them. Please can somebody help me out by suggesting how I might be able to book a room. Many Thanks.

cheers george, i've contacted a few hotels on there. i keep trying this kind of thing though and then get an e-mail from the hotel saying they are fully booked. The travel agents in thailand cant seem to find anything either. I'm not sure at all how these systems work. Some people seem to think it will definitely be OK if I just turn up at the island. They say I will be able to find a room. My thai gf however thinks differently and does not want to travel without a reservation. Its a long trip from BKK to find out we havent got a room so I'd just like to be sure first. Can anyone help me out to make sure we have a good Songkran? My gf just wants to be able to telephone the hotel in advance to confirm our booking. I dont mind at all paying for the room at booking time as long as its guaranteed. Cheers.

David,

enjoyed perfect assistance of a friend who lives on Ko Chang already long time.

His name is DANIEL, he is swiss citizen and he is running an internet cafe and travel agency. I am almost sure he can help you out (even though I agree Songkran is difficult time to get a room for just 1-2 nights).

homepage link: www.koh-chang.ch

e-mail of DANIEL: [email protected]

Tell him about my recommendation (my name is Wolfgang, from austria) and good luck!!!!

PS: you will certainly like Ko Chang. Another fact that there is no room available thru "normal" travel agent and "thai hotel" sites is bcoz Ko Chang is not totally filled with hotels (and I hope this will continue)...

Wolfie