Visas for men in marriage scam to be revoked

Lite Beer

Thailand is going to lose what tourism they have left if they start demandig fingerprints from foreigners entering the country. I know in many countries it is a violation of rights to take fingerprints unless accused of a crime and many people will feel violated if it is demanded here.

Thailand better find a new source to get foreign dollars to be spent here

As an example Malaysia has electronic finger printing at the airports, there has not been any down turn in arrivals, nor will there be for Thai tourism if implemented.

The Malaysian scanners are broken and have been for a long time... giggle.gif

I assume you're claiming the entire system has been inoperable for a long time?

AllThai officials have to do is contact those visa agents who advertise " we can get your 1 year retirement extension even if you do not have the reqired amount of income or bank balance" Of course several of those companies are owned by ex policeman or married to a current policema/woman who worked?are working at one of the immigration offices. so tread lightly. Disgusting enforcement of illegal activity or the search to locate and stop same.

• Like 2

They don't need all that, all they have to do is look on facebook and the other selfie sites, there they will see a fair proportion of the developed world putting their pictures, what they had for breakfast, lunch and dinner on there every day in the hope of getting likes and friends.

A ready made, do it yourself, data base for the intelligence agencies of the world.

Oh dear....time to delete all of one's entries into the Thai Visa Photography forum, Robbie?? wink.png

Chartchai said face photos and fingerprint scans would be collected next year from people entering Thailand, making it easier to identify and track tourists.

Where do they get their thinking from?

Immigration already take photos of tourists entering LoS.

Fingerprint scans as well? It looks like Thailand is wanting to copy the USA (which already does the fingerprint BS)!

'None caught out of 193, 193 out of 611, 611 out of ..., hmm, good job to have issued a public warning (NOT!), how many will be caught on a total of how many fake marriages? How many officials jailed, assets seized? Will it be a new one-week-'crackdown'?' It's none of your business, you Thai-bashing Pharang you!' ' Sorry, sorry, I was just thinking aloud...'

Edited by bangrak

It is precisely because of the behaviour of people like these that the immigration police seems to be making things more difficult for genuine applicants every year.

Kind of strange comment since it was the immigration officer that arranged it. Always when there's some immigration scam, you'll find that it was created by one of their own employees.

You missed the point, didn't you? It doesn't matter who arranged it. It always goes through an immigration officer you nincompoop, do you think these officers roam the streets at night looking for customers? They are being approached all the time by desperate foreigners, no wonder some of them crack and give way.

Having said that, a guy I know that is in very bad health and situation was offered 'help' recently. THB 20 000.-.

Which of your in-laws are working for Immigration?

The first time I went for a Retirement Visa, my Thai wife came with me, it took 1 1/2 days, and the 'price' including Multiple Re-entry was 'rounded up' to the next ,000. The next year my 'Thai brother', a well respected Police Officer, wanted to go with me, we were out in 30min., for the net-net price. Ever since I go without him, but have to ask how much I need to pay. Last year I came late pm and picked up my passport next am (they had offered to deliver it back to my home...) but I forgot to ask about the money and left, a few days later I remembered and went back to pay, they hadn't noticed a thing... My best, retired, friend, all documents tip-top too, has been asked for 20,000 several years in a row, since a small hick-up from his bank the first time, this time it was 10,000 but he didn't get, any, Re-entry though applying for, come back later for that, you don't need it now... Another, retired, person I know has been paying 5,000 extra every year since long time...

Thailand is going to lose what tourism they have left if they start demandig fingerprints from foreigners entering the country. I know in many countries it is a violation of rights to take fingerprints unless accused of a crime and many people will feel violated if it is demanded here.

Yeah, those that have something to hide will be very violated, from their own violations. I think they should get DNA too and stop the criminals from coming here to do their crimes.

Unfortunately the Thai's think all farang are scumbags because of the the actions of a few. That's not going to change in a hurry. But it's good the government are cracking down on the real scumbags.

I think that is a mutual feeling, but the prevalence of scumbags amongst Thai officials is way higher.

Or were you suggesting the crackdown is against corrupt officials... wink.png

False registration impossible without corrupt officials and those involved come from a group of counties that Thai Immigration and visa regulations are stricter than other countries, so how did it happen ?

The false paperwork should have the name of the official who signed off on it and it may well the same one(s) time after time which is a good starting point BUT will it be ?

Foreigners have been caught so is that enough, what about the officials involved and the Thai ladies who may be complicit ?

Another perfect case ? No need to follow up.

Apparently the officials were warned not to continue, case closed. Those that paid the money will have thier visas cancelled and deported. The corrupt officials keep thier money.
  • Like 1

False registration impossible without corrupt officials and those involved come from a group of counties that Thai Immigration and visa regulations are stricter than other countries, so how did it happen ?

The false paperwork should have the name of the official who signed off on it and it may well the same one(s) time after time which is a good starting point BUT will it be ?

Foreigners have been caught so is that enough, what about the officials involved and the Thai ladies who may be complicit ?

Another perfect case ? No need to follow up.

Apparently the officials were warned not to continue, case closed. Those that paid the money will have thier visas cancelled and deported. The corrupt officials keep thier money.

Defies description doesn't it ?

Well maybe not here.

Yeah, those that have something to hide will be very violated, from their own violations. I think they should get DNA too and stop the criminals from coming here to do their crimes.
Do you honestly think it would deter a criminal coming into Thailand? Or even that they would take the time and money to run checks on every tourist? At most they will know if Interpol is looking for that person.

Except that in all countries giving out passports with biometric data the fingerprints of the digits are a standard component. Thailand couldn't care less about violation of rights elsewhere. Apart from this I believe fingerprinting at port of entry may be implemented very selectively.

As for the originating issue, one wonders where these guys are getting their yearly extension stamp. A blacklist at immigration ought to turn them up over time iff they are not on permanent overstay. Ask them to bring the marriage document in Thai with their foreign passport.