How long before my house will be destroyed?

Anthony5

Prepare a report of whats happened and in your opinion what might happen if the post isn't repaired. Make several copies. Go down to PEA, show them your report and see if there's any interest in fixing it. If you feel that PEA won't take the action you feel is required and will satisfy you, then immediately go to a lawyers and hire them to submit a translated and legal version of your report to PEA seeking action, stating your concerns and should the worst happen that you will be seeking full recompense plus costs from PEA. The minor legal cost vs the potential loss to you if PEA do nothing make this a good insurance policy.

Do let us all know how this ends...hopefully a happy ending.

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the subject of Electricity poles, as I mentioned earlier they just sink them in clay wherever they feel like and let the weather take its toll.

Here is a question for anyone with a bit of knowledge about property law here.

We have a piece of land on a full chanote, and the EGAT gang came out and without any permission or even contacting us dug a 2 metre deep hole on our land and sunk a new electric pole. They then dug another pole support for the cable another 5 metres further inside our land again without asking permission.

I filled the first hole back in before they sunk the pole but they just came and dug it out again when I was not home.

My wife complained to the guy that was in charge and he told her to just disconnect the second supporting cable after they were gone!!!!!! What do you reckon the legality of this would be? Are they able to just stick up a pole and support cable on someone's land? do they need to pay a rent or something? I cannot cut the weeds properly these days without damaging the weedwhacker blades as it is difficult to find the support cable.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There's been one sitting at that angle near me for 5 years.. no one bothers.. I have even seen the Electricity company putting new power cables on it!!!

Indeed, all the poles around my place are at a much worse angle than that - where we are it is due to the sub standard installation, the Electric Board dig out a hole about 2 metres deep into soil or clay, plant the pole, use a support cable dug into soil or clay filled back in with soil or clay, no ballast or concrete. As soon as the rains come the ground softens and the poles gradually slope over. Never saw one fall down yet though.

Did you notice that the pole is broken and bended with the rebar exposed at ground level ? Bit of a difference with an undamaged pole leaning over but still 2 meter deep in the soil.

On the subject of Electricity poles, as I mentioned earlier they just sink them in clay wherever they feel like and let the weather take its toll.

We have a piece of land on a full chanote, and the EGAT gang came out and without any permission or even contacting us dug a 2 metre deep hole on our land and sunk a new electric pole. They then dug another pole support for the cable another 5 metres further inside our land again without asking permission.

I filled the first hole back in before they sunk the pole but they just came and dug it out again when I was not home.

My wife complained to the guy that was in charge and he told her to just disconnect the second supporting cable after they were gone!!!!!! What do you reckon the legality of this would be? Are they able to just stick up a pole and support cable on someone's land? do they need to pay a rent or something? I cannot cut the weeds properly these days without damaging the weedwhacker blades as it is difficult to find the support cable.

I doubt they are allowed to plant a pole on your property without your written permission, however I would stay clear of cutting the tensioning cable as you will be held responsible if the pole falls over.

"don't even want to think what will happen if the high voltage cables hit the maids quarters."

File this one under: Rich People's Problems

Errrr, you might have to clean your toilet yourself?

I do that already, since it has become clear that I'm not rich enough to find a maid that want to occupy the maids quarters, let stand travel to my place for cleaning.

My place is just a few km outside Pattaya and whenever I ask a maid if she is interested in a job the only answer I get is, whoooo faaaaar.

The PEA can be a waste of space. Outside my Sister-in-Laws house there has been a pole with a serious short of some sort with arcing and spark showers for the last 18 months. There are small kids running around underneath and when i first noticed this 18 months ago i told her she should call the PEA and tell them about it. Three months later she hadn't done anything about it because she was 'afraid' of them so i got my Mrs to ring them and tell them. Since then we have been in touch with them on four different occasions and the response is always ''When we get time we will send somebody out there''. Half a Klick up the road on the other side , on a dark and dangerous bend, there has been a street lamp that hasn't worked for more than two years but nothing gets done about it.

No,no,no! All you guys are going about this the wrong way. True story. A gigantic and illegally overloaded sugarcane truck took out my 6 month old power pole. My pole was masive and it was around 10 meters long and inserted into the ground via drill about 2 meters. The truck snapped it off like it was a dry twig. The overloaded, speeding truck hit the wire that crossed the road to the main power pole. The wire was very high up and after hitting the wire he panicked, sped up and left the area to go hide.

Anyway, my Thai wife went immediately on the war path in the village and she along with the other village gossip crew managed to find out who the truck belonged to and which field was being worked. One phone call from my wife to the owner of the truck managed to get his guilty butt back to the scene of the crime along with his wife, children and assorted hangers on and village looky-loos. The wife also called the cops so they showed up too.

Immediately the owner of the truck produxed hoa insurance information and a call was made to the insurance office. An estimator was dispatched and within an hour he was writing a report and arranging to have the pole fixed the very next day.

Its all about finding the driver and getting his insurance company to fix the problem. Call the cops immediately and find the driver.

Problem solved.

• Like 1

The PEA can be a waste of space. Outside my Sister-in-Laws house there has been a pole with a serious short of some sort with arcing and spark showers for the last 18 months. There are small kids running around underneath and when i first noticed this 18 months ago i told her she should call the PEA and tell them about it. Three months later she hadn't done anything about it because she was 'afraid' of them so i got my Mrs to ring them and tell them. Since then we have been in touch with them on four different occasions and the response is always ''When we get time we will send somebody out there''. Half a Klick up the road on the other side , on a dark and dangerous bend, there has been a street lamp that hasn't worked for more than two years but nothing gets done about it.

Street lights are the responsibility of the local government not the PEA, but regarding your comments about their reaction to the spark showers, that is actually the same I expect when I will report it to them tomorrow morning.

Just make sure that when to take your pictures to show the PEA you also take pictures and record the

name of the employee that you deal with. He/she will know that if anything happens he/she will be squarely

in the circle of the investigation on what went wrong. No denials of receiving the report and clarity of the

situation. I would also go to the police station to find out the driver and his insurance company. Provide

that information to the PEA. Whoever you deal with take there picture, name, date and time of your interaction.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so start squeaking. whistling.gif

Edited by Ulic

"don't even want to think what will happen if the high voltage cables hit the maids quarters."

File this one under: Rich People's Problems

Errrr, you might have to clean your toilet yourself?

I do that already, since it has become clear that I'm not rich enough to find a maid that want to occupy the maids quarters, let stand travel to my place for cleaning.

My place is just a few km outside Pattaya and whenever I ask a maid if she is interested in a job the only answer I get is, whoooo faaaaar.

Have some serious questions::

Are you Thai or farang? If not Thai, do you legally own the house?

If you have used a Thai up front name to purchase the property and the property receives serious damage due to the electricity post, than the upfront owner has to deal with the problem, because you have no jurisdiction over the property to enable you to make any claims for damages or take legal action against the person/s that crashed into the pole or the electricity company that holds the responsibility for it`s maintenance. Also I very much doubt that the police would be interested, as this is actually a civil matter and usually in Thailand the police attitude will be, we’ll take this up if anyone is killed, but it hasn’t happened yet so what’s the problem?

If you have not purchased the said property strictly according to Thai law, then you may have serious issues if this matter becomes a dispute and goes to court. In fact in some cases this could result in the authorities confiscating the land and property, I kid you not.

In order to offer you some advice, first some facts have to be established: Are you the legal owner of the land and property in your own right as imposed under Thai law?

Do you want odds or what?

Who knows what PEA will pay for any damage, if anything.

Best you be front and center at your local PEA office at 8 AM on Monday with pictures and a map.

No... forget the map. Just bring your electric bill. They'll work it out from there.

Oh yes, make sure that they are aware that a third-party broke the pole in the first place. I reckon you would be even more upset if they raced out there, had a new pole planted by noon and then handed you the bill.

I would think they must be aware of the event, because looking at the damage of the pole and the car parts laying around, it's obvious emergency services must have been involved.

Don't they report to government agencies in case of such a situation?

Anyway, I will be at the PEA and orbotor offices with the pictures first thing on Monday.

Just remember to also make it clear you're not responsible for the mess and this is how you found it after returning from your trip otherwise you will get billed....clap2.gif Oh man and what a mess it will be to get out of that one.....cheesy.gif In the meantime keep the BBQ ready and let us know when there's sparks.. laugh.png (sorry mate, could not resist)

I have to admit I'm not following this easily....is that your house with the blue roof?...if so, it seems far away from the broken pole, On the other hand, is your house opposite the broken pole on the other side of the Soi, if so, would have been better to include it in the picture ....in order to get a better understanding of the situation.

No but does seem he want's every one know his house is worth a lot of money LMAO. And hey look at me I'm self important. If it bothers you that much I suggest you hire a couple local knuckleheads to build a brace for pole. Because I think no one here cares as it don't effect us.

From your picture, one can clearly see the offending post is on the opposite side of the road. Even using just my eyes it's clear the height of the pole does not exceed the width of the road and therefore your wall is not at risk. The post also appears to be leaning left and forward, so if it does fall, it will miss your wall.

Agreed it is dangerous but I don't think you need to worry about it causing damage to the wall.

Are you a drama queen perchance. tongue.png

A road is 5 meters, I think a high voltage power pole is way over 5 meters high. How do you know it will miss my wall, since the wall is not in the picture.

I'm not really a drama queen, but this situation looks pretty scary, and I have such an idea that if it causes me a lot of damage, that I can pull my nose and pay for everything myself.

What you think would happen when the 20.000V? lines hit anything that is connected to my house power grid?

Exactly why didn't you take the photos to show the wall and the maid's quarters, etc? That way we would have a better idea of what you are saying.

My first stop would be at the RTP and then directly to PEA and take a lot of pictures with you and leave them with PEA. Then go to the local puyaiban.

Good luck!

Albert. Use a small hand sickle (cutting hook) around the wires. About 200B at any hardware store. Wife has to do it around any close irrigation sprinklers or she hits them with the weedwhacker blades & cuts them off while weed cutting in the orchard.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I guess he owns a little shack used for selling somtam across the road due to no photo of it.

No but does seem he want's every one know his house is worth a lot of money LMAO. And hey look at me I'm self important. If it bothers you that much I suggest you hire a couple local knuckleheads to build a brace for pole. Because I think no one here cares as it don't effect us.

I really wonder what the value or looks of my property has to do with this thread. From your comments it is clear that both of you carry a lot of envy for some obvious reasons.

If you don't have any constructive advice to add, I want to suggest that you refrain from commenting and keep your narrow minded opinions to yourself.

Anthony, did you call the electric board yet?

Oh and a baiting post removed too. Sorry about that.

I'm just finishing my breakfast after that I will be on my way, starting at the Orbotor and so further up the government chain with all possible documentation in hand.

Make sure you bring a photo of the pole in relationship to your maid's quarters ....and the "immenient danger" to such!w00t.gif

By the way most public two lane roads are at least 8 meters wide with two meters on each side. Electric poles are generally placed on the property line so you should have at least 12 meters before the pole hits your property. Add to that your maid's quarters should have been built back from the property line (1/2 meter if no windows....1 1/2 meters if windows)....So your maid's quarter and house should be in no immenient danger! Many posters have already pointed such out to you.

Condition of the pole, though, is dangerous and should be reported and repaired. Good luck

Edited by beachproperty

So went to report it to the Orbotor and Tetsabaan first. Of course they didn't know who caused the accident however they knew it happened Wednesday whistling.gif . I think it is obvious from the damage that the driver didn't just walk away though, so they must be well aware who was involved.

They didn't want to make a report as it was the responsibility of the PEA according to them, but they made some phone calls to the PEA and after some time they assured me that the pole would be repaired today.

I had such a strange feeling that this was just something to get rid of me, so off I went to the PEA office.

Again I showed the pictures and there an official report was made from which I received a stamped copy. They also made some phone calls to the concerned departments and told me that it would be repaired this week, so they were not aware that it would be repaired today like the orbotor promised me.whistling.gif

They also knew the accident happened on Wednesday, but couldn't give me a copy of the police report and told me that it was at the police station in Pattaya, which I doubt since this is under the jurisdiction of Banglamung police.

I then went to Banglamung police station where again I reported it, they told me they would send a policeman over to make the report, for who I'm waiting now.

For the pedant above who can't see that this is in a rural area, the road is exactly 5 meters wide as are ALL roads in rural areas, while the pole is an estimated 10 meters tall with another 2 meter high steel bar with a tensioning cable on top of it.

The pole stands exactly 63 centimeters beside the road and my maids quarters which are right opposite the pole are in total 2,5 meters distance from the road with the perimeter wall between. This all seems to be legal as all those distances have been checked by Tetsabaan upon completion of the house.

So calculate yourself if the pole will hit the maids quarters or not when it comes down.

Edited by Anthony5

The Op has made his closing statement regarding reported it etc.

Feel free to provide an Update as to what did actually happen.

But as its been reported etc there is little point continuing the argument/bickering, some of which have now been removed.

post-4641-1156694005.gif.pagespeed.ce.gy

CLOSED.

xmfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ic.UuJWYpOV2u