Yingluck impeachment vote on December 25

Lite Beer

RICE-PLEDGING SCHEME
Yingluck impeachment vote on December 25
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- The National Legislative Assembly is scheduled to convene on December 25 to decide whether to impeach former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra in connection with her government's rice-pledging scheme.

The NLA is expected to debate the issue and vote within three days of convening.

Support from at least three-fifths of the body's members, or 132 votes, is required to impeach the ex-premier. The vote will be done in a secret ballot.

The assembly will convene on December 11 to hear the opening statements from both Yingluck and the National Anti-Corruption Commission, with the closing statements to be heard on December 23, according to the NLA meeting schedule released yesterday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-impeachment-vote-on-December-25-30247866.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-16

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck might get a nice Xmas present in the form of her case being thrown out through lack of evidence,

I doubt it though with her being targeted, secret ballots and a lot of attitude adjustments going around it's an uphill battle.

Anyway she can take solace in the fact that she's still hugely popular and the people won't forget what's going here and the backlash at the polls will decimate the yellow dems even if she's not at the helm where she should be.

• Like 2

Yingluck might get a nice Xmas present in the form of her case being thrown out through lack of evidence,

I doubt it though with her being targeted, secret ballots and a lot of attitude adjustments going around it's an uphill battle.

Anyway she can take solace in the fact that she's still hugely popular and the people won't forget what's going here and the backlash at the polls will decimate the yellow dems even if she's not at the helm where she should be.

A backlash at the polls ... so the NLA won't get re-elected??

• Like 1

Dream on! Firstly, there is not going to be any polls for a long long time and secondly, when and if an election is held, I doubt if the reds could muster enough support to stand candidates.

Dream on! Firstly, there is not going to be any polls for a long long time and secondly, when and if an election is held, I doubt if the reds could muster enough support to stand candidates.

There will be elections in 2016, and PTP will probably get the most votes but won't win a majority of seats.

• Like 2

There will be elections in 2016, and PTP will probably get the most votes but won't win a majority of seats.

You must be visiting the same Burmese mystic as Thaksin or is it The General/PM's fortune teller? Some crystal ball they must have.

So what do you get charged with for not allowing freedom of the press? or interfering in pending serious criminal charges? Or nepotism?

The fact of the matter is that rice schemes in the past have all lost money; But Ms Y lost the most. It would be interesting to see what the defence is?

I wonder if there is a poll in the offering on what should happen?

The press can only print positive on the case, and cannot report on anyone that has an opinion other than the Government view.

And doesn't her lawyer usually leave bags of money lying around the court rooms? Or was that a one off?

You must be visiting the same Burmese mystic as Thaksin or is it The General/PM's fortune teller? Some crystal ball they must have.

No, just a different Burmese mystic than you're visiting.

What a big show.

- voting for something that is a fact already.

- voting.... while Thai people will not get the chance to vote.

- voting by the NLA which nobody ever voted for.

Who cares? Why do they do this?

Do they believe anyone will care about this? - I mean, everyone can see it's totally absurd....

Edited by kriswillems

What exactly does impeachment mean in this case ? Does it mean there will be criminal charges or that she's banned from being an MP or something else ?

She would be banned from politics for 5 years and possibly criminal charges.

There in lies the answer - the 5 year ban - that's what they want.

• Like 1

keeping stuttering away!
  • Like 1

Aren't they re-writing the constitution to reflect that only the more qualified, better educated, lots more money, Bangkok located, elite type quality, who have sat on major Thai boards type of people can only get a vote in Parliament. Heaven forbid these water buffalo types from the country cannot make decisions on the way the country is managed as they are not superior enough?

That’s what I thought they were aiming for.

Or they create more seats in the Bangkok area and give the country areas a handful of seats?

They should also get a poll going to say that 98% of people would be in favour of such changes.

• Like 1

No, just a different Burmese mystic than you're visiting.

What a ridiculous statement you silly little man. Take you trolling elsewhere.

What a big show.

Do they believe anyone will care about this? - I mean, everyone can see it's totally absurd....

the country has to learn, especially the " clever thais" up north, that they cant elect corrupt criminals just because "they are there and want to" Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 1

There in lies the answer - the 5 year ban - that's what they want.

Take her out of the picture and that would be a big dent in the PTP hopes for a good election result. They would probably still get the most votes / seats, but not as many as the last election.

Aren't they re-writing the constitution to reflect that only the more qualified, better educated, lots more money, Bangkok located, elite type quality, who have sat on major Thai boards type of people can only get a vote in Parliament. Heaven forbid these water buffalo types from the country cannot make decisions on the way the country is managed as they are not superior enough?

Or they create more seats in the Bangkok area and give the country areas a handful of seats?

They should also get a poll going to say that 98% of people would be in favour of such changes.

"buffalo types making decisions" yep you got it. Sheer incompetence economic and corrupt mismanagement of the country, costing it thousands of billions of baht
  • Like 1

"Aren't they re-writing the constitution to reflect that only the more qualified, better educated, lots more money, Bangkok located, elite type quality, who have sat on major Thai boards type of people can only get a vote in Parliament."

No.

• Like 2

What a big show.

Who cares? A huge number of Thai people.

Why? 5 year ban.

There remains potential criminal charges which would result in a lifetime ban if found guilty.

• Like 1

"Aren't they re-writing the constitution to reflect that only the more qualified, better educated, lots more money, Bangkok located, elite type quality, who have sat on major Thai boards type of people can only get a vote in Parliament."

No.

Where are you getting your mail from, Whybother?