Obama confirms death of Kassig

webfact

Obama confirms death of Abdul-Rahman Kassig

WASHINGTON: -- President Barack Obama has confirmed the death of US aid worker Abdul-Rahman Kassig, whose beheading was shown in a video posted by Islamic State (IS).

Mr Obama called the act "pure evil" and offered condolences to his relatives.

The video, authenticated by the White House, shows a masked man standing over Mr Kassig's severed head. It also shows the beheading of 18 Syrian captives.

Mr Kassig, 26, is the fifth Western hostage to be killed by IS, which controls large parts of Syria and Iraq.

He was abducted in Syria last year while delivering relief supplies to refugees.

The president praised Mr Kassig as a humanitarian and said he was "taken from us in an act of pure evil by a terrorist group that the world rightly associates with inhumanity".

"Today we grieve together, yet we also recall that the indomitable spirit of goodness and perseverance that burned so brightly in Abdul-Rahman Kassig," he said.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30076629

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-17

Did Obama offer condolences to the familys of the 18 other men? Can I assume they were captured Ba'athist Government fighters?

Even at the end of the Battle of the Trench in 627 AD, the Muslim armies at least used swift strikes of a sword for the mass beheadings.

ISIS however seems to gain some obscene domination and gore pleasure from inflicting lingering suffering during the process, with knives.

He was abducted in Syria last year while delivering relief supplies to refugees.

This guy had converted to Islam...was trying to help desperate Muslims...and lost his head for his efforts...

ISIS needs to be eliminated with the same vigor that we are trying to eradicate Ebola...

Destroy all the vermin...where they live...take no prisoners...do not leave one of these animals alive...

You are correct. IS have demonstrated, time and time again, they are war criminals, rapists, and common murderers. They should be given no quarter. They are worse than a rabid dog.

Yes well whether or not the group is real or just a setup to initiate another oil war, the truth remains to be seen.

In 2013, about 33% of the petroleum consumed by the United States was imported from foreign countries. This was the lowest level since 1985. (from US EIA data)

A conspiracy around every corner for you I would guess. I suppose landing a probe on a comet was a hoax too?

Yes well whether or not the group is real or just a setup to initiate another oil war, the truth remains to be seen.

In 2013, about 33% of the petroleum consumed by the United States was imported from foreign countries. This was the lowest level since 1985. (from US EIA data)

A conspiracy around every corner for you I would guess. I suppose landing a probe on a comet was a hoax too?

No the probe landing on the comet was by the European Space Agency, so no conspiracy there.

Now, please stick to the topic and the topic isn't about oil, it's about a guy who was beheaded.

This guy had converted to Islam...was trying to help desperate Muslims...and lost his head for his efforts...

ISIS needs to be eliminated with the same vigor that we are trying to eradicate Ebola...

Destroy all the vermin...where they live...take no prisoners...do not leave one of these animals alive...

I agree with the take no prisoners, instead of the I am a human being bullshit when one of them is caught, their human rights, and all you do gooders can slag me off with your human rights crap I don't give a shit. they gave up their human rights when they become radicals, and they don't represent the majority of the good true Muslims. They are just scum of the earth

Edited by cookee68
  • Like 1