German man brutally attacked in Udon Thani by 'Koh Tao copycats'

webfact

The kid in the red and white jacket looks like the leader, and the other is dumbass follower.

A falang life has no value, so that is why the police were lamenting the fate of the poor thai punks who had screwed up their future by mashing in a guys head with a hoe. The agony of the poor german kid is of no consequence.

Thai parenting went from authoritarian/community/buddhist control to 100% no control without any transition gap. These fatherless punks don't answer to anybody and feel they can do whatever they want. (generalizing of course) Modern thai moms have no control over male offspring.

I still feel fine about extended stays in Thailand, but I have been, and will be more so, wary of groups of punks.

Kids these days........! Damn, I have finally turned into a grumpy old man.

Man, i feel sorry for that poor german guy.

• Like 2

No surprise, if the perps aren't punished people get the message that it is fine to whack tourists/foreigners/farang over the head and/or kill them. There are little to no consequences. This kind of thing will only continue to increase until the virtual endorsement of these kind of crimes stops and serious investigations and actions are taken to punish the guilty.

The Red Bull man, The mad monk in California. There are no examples of these serious people getting serious porridge and too many of lo-so's picking mushrooms or selling old CD's getting the book thrown at them. We moan about the RTP but there are serious problems with the state prosecutors deciding who goes to court & the decisions many judges hand down.

what the hell is going on in Udon? Here, although thankfully unrelated to this evil attack, is another example of the daily going ons in UT these days

http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/03/7-senior-men-rape-3-teens

Really hope this young German guy makes a full recovery

Ah yes, the old "innocence through impotence" defense. A classic.

Not possible.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774310-foreign-tourists-can-be-assured-of-safety-in-thailand-says-kobkarn/

She's looking particularly stupid right about now. Dumbest statement ever.

Hope the guys makes it and recovers fully.

SHE, said, " INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS can be assured of their safety and security while staying in Thailand,"

The German, was NO Tourist, he worked. Maybe there is a difference? whistling.gif

I have for sometime thought about a global blog to publicise the daily shameful happenings (understatement) here on the basis that the only thing which might resonate with the people who would be affected (the 0.1%, as always) here would be a drop in Incoming Tourists. Such seems to be the entrenched mentality here.

Naive? Probably. There are big (uneducated, uninformed) masses out there who could plug the gap left by those who knew enough to make a better choice. (Though not forever, in a globally-connected world.)

I live in a wee Thai village (we are both Scots) and at the level of the local Thai we have never had any experience other than hospitality and friendliness.

That said, we have seen drink and / or drug-fueled violence at local celebrations. We have also challenged the local kids on occasion for their derogatory use of the phrase "farang" about us (which I personally find insulting), as they rode their bikes across our unguarded / unwalled property, We have also said to them that we are not Christians, nor Buddhist. But free-thinkers. This closed the discussion of course. This speaks to what they hear in the home.

I think there is a racist problem here. (We are in Asia after all.)

It also resonates with what we were subjected to verbally when walking down a sunset beach in Muscat a few years ago (maybe holding hands? - how disgraceful) by a child of parents who were as contemptuous of us as their 10-year old child was. "Infidel" was clearly understood.)

We are increasingly concerned about being here. We despair of the freefall descent into anarchy and desperation.

Would such a global blog make sense? Doubtful Or is this a universal problem? Yes.

How sad.

The Lowlife who did the evil act in Udon Thani are beyond the pale and should be put out of harm's way, forever. But they're only products of their environment, culture and the wider world. My thoughts are with my children and grandchildren. And our poor German friend of course.

• Like 1

Further in criminal cases the prosecution will usually (if not always) go for the most severe charge, at least till a deal is struck.

You are making the common mistake of applying US Legal Principles and Practices to Thailand.

This system is entirely unique from the US system you are familiar with.

Your posts are decent--no reason you can't be one of the few who make the transition and then explain it to some of these guys.

That link on Thailands Criminal Code is a good starting point.

Cheers

Why do Thais hate foreigners so much that they want to kill them?

The local village girls come home from Pattaya with money that they could never earn in normal work & only talk & boast about their "falang boyfriends"? That could piss some young guys off. "It's not fair. These guys have money to have something we cannot get!!!"

Just flying a kite? Anyone ever heard or seen attitudes like this? It does seem possible to me. Relationship opportunities distorted by falang money! I am seriously trying to look for a grievance that could make young punks this really violently anti falang. There has to be something boiling. Surely these guys were not just drinking & one says "Let's go & kill someone for kicks"

Nope. The local village working girls in Pattaya nearly all have Thai boyfriends. So the more money their girlfriends make by going with farangs, the better time the Thai guy will have out drinking with their friends after she turns her money over to him. So cannot imagine why they would be bitter regarding farangs.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Couple of weeks ago something happened which i have been trying to block out my mind, Around 11pm on thursday night i was working downstairs when someone started throwing beer bottles at the door,

shards of glass came through but most stayed outside...shop house,

I jumped up and shouted, seen the shadow of the bottle thrower run away so i got back to my work deciding to clear the broken glass outside in the morning,

10-15 minutes later there was a guy no tshirt- barefoot standing in the shards of glass repeatedly shouting that he,s not afraid of me, for a moment i thought to open the door but then got the feeling maybe 2-3 more were waiting each side with weapons so the door stayed locked,

i called the local rtp but they did not show up,

I should add that i have never had a problem with people around here and have really no idea who this idiot was.

That scary stuff, man. I'm assuming you're a shop owner and I am wondering if you keep firearms for protection. The bottle thrower Thai or farang?

Thai's should be particularly angry about this. It in no way is going to help their country overcome the financial losses they will experience from the aftermath of this. These 'idiots' have harmed their country in no minor way. The parents must be so ashamed but they cannot be fully to blame although

who knows the causes to be blamed? First of all, look at them, one is afraid to show his face,

the other does show his face and there you see an imbicile. There is a place in Bangkok for them to

retire to called 'Bang Clang'or something? Their meals should be minimal and their treatment deplorable. They then should be put before cameras and forced to explain the glory of their lives which they've wholeheartedly chosen.

The resulting film should be seen in school auditoriums throughout the country. (Repeatedly.)It should be told that vacancies still are available, just do the crime! All Thais should scorn these culprits and realize how bad what they've done is to their country!

Not possible.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774310-foreign-tourists-can-be-assured-of-safety-in-thailand-says-kobkarn/

She's looking particularly stupid right about now. Dumbest statement ever.

Hope the guys makes it and recovers fully.

SHE, said, " INTERNATIONAL TOURISTS can be assured of their safety and security while staying in Thailand,"

The German, was NO Tourist, he worked. Maybe there is a difference? whistling.gif

I knew someone would pick up on that "technicality".

Although some people say we are all tourists or Guests.

Regardless of the terminology, it was such a stupid thing to say. It's not like she did anything to protect tourists...it was just her way of "assuring" new, dumb tourists and keeping the gravy train rolling. In fact, the statement never had tourists welfare behind it, just her bonus at the end of the year.

Problem is, no one will ever pick her up on it, or raise it again. Part of the problem. No one is ever answerable, so they say what they want.

It's just constant bullshit PR releases to make them look good for that day, with zero consequence for their words or lack of action.

• Like 2

Dear Thailand

It is quite apparent you have some persons within your country that are out of control. They commit horrific crimes, are put on public display, only to slip away into the night. A prime example of this is the Ferarri driver who mowed down a policeman, who is now hiding out in Singapore. You have shown your incompetence with the Koh Tao murders. You have shown incompetence with the "baby body parts theft". You have shown your incompetence with the transfer of police to "inactive posts". You "claim" you are going to have high quality tourists arriving. Why would "high quality" tourists want to come here? This German man was just attacked in a copy cat style of the Koh Tao murder. Maybe the PM can announce what he was wearing and encourage people not to wear the same thing, as it entices your people to commit offences.

It is time to clean up your own backyard. Starting at the top......

I would list more crimes here, however I do believe the internet would crash from the vast amount of information I would be left to type, as well I would have to set the new world record for oldest living person to continue to finish that list......

Sincerely,

The rest of the world.

• Like 1

Not blaming the victim. Did you ever stop to think that the Thais are getting sick and tired of drunk and obnoxious foreigners ? I sure am. I do just fine here thank you very much. After twenty years never had a single problem.giggle.gif

I would guess with your social skills very few people pay any attention or care.

This has nothing to do with people being drunk or obnoxious, it's just outright thuggery.

99.9999 percent of my friends are Thai i avoid foreigners because most are trouble.

Well sure it jumps to my mind the question: where do you live?

I have a good job in Bkk, I have the luck to know many great people, foreigners and Thais.

I know which places to avoid if I don't want to have anything to do with drunk and obnoxious people...

Sure, in the years I came to know some despicable subject, but sure too I did not want to crack his head open with a hoe...

You are blaming on the foreigners commenting a case where the foreigner had been assaulted for be... foreigner. Assaulters wanted to imitated their heroes: killers on Koh Tao. Nothing much to dig here.

P.s. A little advice: you should put your post AFTER quoting, not before.

According to a thread that jungle Jim started on TV, last year he tried to rent a place for 4000bht a month.

Therefor the other folks who live in those establishments must be very law abiding and peacefully.

There was also photo's of the AC bar in Koh Tao with asian girls carrying mini hoe's in the bar..I think someone said it was for halloween-regardless a disgraceful act.

In incidents such as this german guy, does the hospital waive the fees? being farang they'd be paying triple. I think if the government had to foot the bill for all the injured farangs you'd find them saying enough...no more...life in prison.

The suspects and their family should be held responsible for medical bills...then again TIT.

I hope the german guy pull through this, I'm lost for words, way too much going on here.

• Like 2

Well since that scum admitted the crime so then i assume they will dothe same as with those killers in Samui give them the max of 90 days in jail then do not prepare a legal case and so they then need to be released again and can happily continue their studies..

Also do not forget the German wanted to see the sunrise so basically it is his own fault..If the farang had not been there then the crime had not happened !!

Not blaming the victim. Did you ever stop to think that the Thais are getting sick and tired of drunk and obnoxious foreigners ? I sure am. I do just fine here thank you very much. After twenty years never had a single problem.giggle.gif

I would guess with your social skills very few people pay any attention or care.

This has nothing to do with people being drunk or obnoxious, it's just outright thuggery.

99.9999 percent of my friends are Thai i avoid foreigners because most are trouble.

Well sure it jumps to my mind the question: where do you live?

I have a good job in Bkk, I have the luck to know many great people, foreigners and Thais.

I know which places to avoid if I don't want to have anything to do with drunk and obnoxious people...

Sure, in the years I came to know some despicable subject, but sure too I did not want to crack his head open with a hoe...

You are blaming on the foreigners commenting a case where the foreigner had been assaulted for be... foreigner. Assaulters wanted to imitated their heroes: killers on Koh Tao. Nothing much to dig here.

P.s. A little advice: you should put your post AFTER quoting, not before.

According to a thread that jungle Jim started on TV, last year he tried to rent a place for 4000bht a month.

Therefor the other folks who live in those establishments must be very law abiding and peacefully.

Thanks for the info, appears that Jungle Jim is probably a scratcher hanging out in hovel somewhere in Thailand after being taken in the West.

It would explain his bitterness.

Racial hatred is rife in this country. Any westerner who understands Thai fluently need only spend five minutes in a public place to know this.

Yes rife.One major group considers itself to be the only true Siam-Thais and despises Isaan, the far North, hill tribes and of course anyone actually from outside the geographic borders.

Could the regime finally have its weapon of `reconciliation` here, ie shared racial hatred for a group outside the borders, the despicable, inferior Farang. Would not be the first regime of its type to use an outside bogey man to ensure support for the state. Did this poor German guy fall victim to something like this?

Are his attackers poorer lo-so twitchers` or do they have influential family support which puts them above laws? If the former, then the general attitude from the top re racial inferiority of Westerners may make them feel they can act with impunity as some kind of nationalist `heroes` History shows sick shizt like this all to often, imho

"..... the despicable, inferior Farang."

The same farangs that just landed a rover on a comet ?? :-) That racial position must be hard

to hang onto, well unless you never read the news.

Short hand buddy. Not how I see myself or any of my cultivated western compatriots. Just putting the words into the mouths of bigots, in this case a regime full if you like. I`m suggesting a crime of racial hatred, a fairly well known concept. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

This story will fade away in a month, TAT will make some noise about new protective

measures, and next month another tourist will be killed. This just goes on and on and on...

Would be interesting to create a timeline of all the tourists killed over the last twenty years,

and right after each murder post the statements made by TAT to soothe new tourists....

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1