German man brutally attacked in Udon Thani by 'Koh Tao copycats'

webfact

The little rascals have way too much free time to set around drinking and planning assults on fellow man. Use them as fish bait and target practice while towed behind a speed boat over the coral reefs.

But then they will be setting up jetski businesses

I hope this does get picked up be the world media and I also hope that the Thai authorities make an example of these 3 criminals and lock them up for a very long time. Sadly I doubt the latter will happen

Got to figure you are right, no finger pointing, no high ranking badges to be seen, this one is going to be swept under the rug.

What was a farang doing in a park with two Thais early in the morning, by early was it one or two am ? Was this a homo phobic crime ? Just playing the Devils advocate.

Whatever the case I hope the man survives and this scum gets punishment they deserve suspect though the minor will get off with a smack on the hand.

Take my word for it--you don't want to play the devils advocate.

Blues,

I wrote this in post #176:

For instance, had the young man been out drinking all night or had he just woken up to watch the sunrise? Knowing this can give an intelligent person insight into how well he may have been able to fend off the attackers and can provide clues into how seriously his injuries are.

----------

I was curious about alcohol and about specific time of incident because I go for morning walk ps every day and I start before sunrise. I have an enlarged prostate and have to piss early and no sense trying to get back to bed. Early morning I can go for a walk and piss every 20' if its one of those mornings.

So its useful to me to know if 5:00 in the morning is no longer safe?

There are all these new posters nowadays and there constant stalking posts have been like a bad case of piles. I am spending so much time trying to get rid of their itch that I don't have the patience I should for convos with the regular guys like you.

My apologies but it was you that read far more into my post than existed and suggested I was insinuating the German was at fault. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Last from me on this.

I did not say you said the victim deserved to be attacked nor did i insinuate as such.

My points were and still are that the violent thugs are talking BS with their self defence lie and whether the victim was drinking or not is utterly irrelevant.

He was attacked because he was there and was foreign (if the OP is correct).

Blues, you said last word two edits ago ;-)

Why do they need to BS about carrying the hoe for protection against rivals? They have fully admitted to the crime. Why do you think they need to lie?

And I have asked you this before and you never answer: Why do you think its strange that they would be carrying a weapon for protection? From the news clippings of confiscated weapons and thai on thai violence, everybody carries weapons from penguns to machetes. Why do you think these guys would not want to carry a weapon for gang attacks?

I have now indicated three times why I asked about alcohol consumption and each time you respond with more of this same stuff. I am not suggesting he had no right to drink. I simply like to gather details of these crimes. Thats how people make educated and informed opinions everywhere but on TVF.

Lastly, your final sentence has not been disputed by anyone. Including me. Why? Because it is obvious. Because the attackers said as much in their confessions.

Ofcourse, I have asked these questions of you now a couple times and you have never responded so I suppose they have simply become rhetorical.

RTP: "This action is a typical case of youthful recklessness"

Huh, hitting somebody with a hoe is RECKLESNESS??? HUH?

That's a bad translation. Just like the "sad" comment in the Koh Tao case. I know these kinds of "comments" can infuriate one but please keep in mind The Thai English language press is notoriously bad at this. Why they refuse to hire native English language speaking proofreaders is mystifying.

• Like 2

Thailand is becoming less of a place to put on the travel list now. I wonder when stats will be forthcoming on just how dangerous Thailand is? I don't mean for foreign travellers but in general..

It appears to be a bit more than just a trend. There are deep resentments being expressed by such acts and total disregard for falang life. I am becoming more alarmed daily, not because of the attacks but because this is the place I chose to retire to and the source of my greatest companion in like, my good wife.

I imagine the dynamics are cumulative and multidimensional, but the Thai authorities must make some sort of an example here or the damages will recur in ever increasing horror and outrage. The publicity grows as never before as evidenced by the two citations below.

Careful, falangs . . . careful

Aussie tourists come to grief in Thailand than any other country, with 168 tourists taken to hospital in the Land of Smiles in the past year alone.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/travel/thailand-revealed-as-the-most-dangerous-destination-for-australian-travellers/story-fnjjuxwc-1226769908571?nk=71609635d174ab43c7cd21c2c4a936a8

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/asia/thailand/11228849/Thailand-most-dangerous-tourist-destination-claims-book.html

An insightful post.

My question to you would be if heavy punishments against youthful offenders actually make the Thai populace blame/dislike the farang more? Would more of the population start to think along the lines of us vs them? Them being you & me.

Will farangs be seen more and more as disrupting the Natural Harmony of Thailand?

Unfortunately, Thai teenagers have a culture that allows them to kill each other as a right of passage into the gangs in polytechnics and universities.

The police are aware of this and do nothing.

In Thailand, until the age of 18, they are considered as youth and not responsible and they literally get away with murder.

My stepson aged 19 was murdered in such a gang fight earlier this year.

A policeman, aged about 30 who was dealing with the case told me that there is little the police can do, the changes need to be applied by the judges and the sentences they have available to apply.

Talk to Thai friends who live in large cities, if they see a large group of students in the street, they fear for their safety and may walk another way.

My point is that it is not just Farang at risk!

It's a cultural thing and life is cheap and the chances of actual retribution are very small.

Changes need to start in schools to teach future parents responsibility so that they will train future generations better.

I do not see a quick solution to these problems.

Real retribution with severe punishment might be a start.

It would also need the police to do their job properly.

That would need a change in the pay and training structures, not a quick change available.

When a policeman breaks the law, he is generally transferred to an inactive post.

How is that a punishment or deterrent to others?

Pity that it is no longer safe to visit Thailand and relax.

You must be sober and alert at all times.

Take care everyone!

• Like 2

Attention MonkeyCountry:

Here is a well written post from another thread which defines "murder":

"For it to be murder there has to be the premeditation of killing not just harming the victim. The 'murderers' hit the victim once, observed her stand back up, then they walked off. They did not think she would die and did not want her to die or they would have continued to hit her until she was certainly dead, therefore not murder. "

If we accept this as the definition of murder then wouldn't these same requirements be necessary to show "attempted murder" except for the actual completion of the act?

Did the 3 attackers think they had killed the German? Did they continue to hit the German until they thought he was dead? Or did they walk off while the German was still crawling or writhing around or screaming in pain? If they did then by the posters definition above, they could not have been intent on causing murder. The article did not provide those details. The police would have been more likely to be aware of such details from their investigation and considered such when they filed charges, correct?

Its interesting that the poster whom I quoted above argued for a lesser charge against the two men who attacked the Dutchman and his wife but is now arguing for a more serious charge against these three attackers. BTW, the quote can be attributed to MonkeyCountry.

Cheers

What are you chuntering on about cc?. These Thai lads went armed with the intention of a copy cat murder and I really hope they don't succeed. Hitting a man in the head with a hoe in anybody's book will likely cause death, attempted murder is a charge in Thailand and should be used.
Obviously we all hope they do not succeed.

What is less obvious is if they wanted to do a copycat murder or if they wanted to do a copycat attack.

If they had intended to murder then it appears they failed. So that leaves open the possibility their intent was not actually murder. These are stupid punks who lack any brain cells sober let alone drunk. To suggest they had some plan is giving them quite alot of credit. The conversation between these idiots was likely, "hey look theres a farang, I bet you won't go smash that farang with this hoe like what happened in KT" and the other idiot responded, "Sure I will".

Lets hear an actual medical examiners report that indicates how many times the German was struck. Lets read a police report with confessions. Personally, I don't put much faith in the accuracy of these news articles.

The police chose to file the charge they did. Ofcourse there are already claims on this thread of cover-up and special treatment for these attackers.

Well then why did the police not hide the weapon? Why did the police allow them to write a full and damning confession? Those are not indicative of a cover-up.

Anyway, it seems like TVF members are not capable of any deeper thought than to see how many times they can post, "A Thai wouldn't do this. It must be a Burmese".

Edited by ClutchClark

Thailand is becoming less of a place to put on the travel list now. I wonder when stats will be forthcoming on just how dangerous Thailand is? I don't mean for foreign travellers but in general..

It appears to be a bit more than just a trend. There are deep resentments being expressed by such acts and total disregard for falang life. I am becoming more alarmed daily, not because of the attacks but because this is the place I chose to retire to and the source of my greatest companion in like, my good wife.

I imagine the dynamics are cumulative and multidimensional, but the Thai authorities must make some sort of an example here or the damages will recur in ever increasing horror and outrage. The publicity grows as never before as evidenced by the two citations below.

Careful, falangs . . . careful

Aussie tourists come to grief in Thailand than any other country, with 168 tourists taken to hospital in the Land of Smiles in the past year alone.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/travel/thailand-revealed-as-the-most-dangerous-destination-for-australian-travellers/story-fnjjuxwc-1226769908571?nk=71609635d174ab43c7cd21c2c4a936a8

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/asia/thailand/11228849/Thailand-most-dangerous-tourist-destination-claims-book.html

An insightful post.

My question to you would be if heavy punishments against youthful offenders actually make the Thai populace blame/dislike the farang more? Would more of the population start to think along the lines of us vs them? Them being you & me.

Will farangs be seen more and more as disrupting the Natural Harmony of Thailand?

Unfortunately, Thai teenagers have a culture that allows them to kill each other as a right of passage into the gangs in polytechnics and universities.

The police are aware of this and do nothing.

In Thailand, until the age of 18, they are considered as youth and not responsible and they literally get away with murder.

My stepson aged 19 was murdered in such a gang fight earlier this year.

A policeman, aged about 30 who was dealing with the case told me that there is little the police can do, the changes need to be applied by the judges and the sentences they have available to apply.

Talk to Thai friends who live in large cities, if they see a large group of students in the street, they fear for their safety and may walk another way.

My point is that it is not just Farang at risk!

It's a cultural thing and life is cheap and the chances of actual retribution are very small.

Changes need to start in schools to teach future parents responsibility so that they will train future generations better.

I do not see a quick solution to these problems.

Real retribution with severe punishment might be a start.

It would also need the police to do their job properly.

That would need a change in the pay and training structures, not a quick change available.

When a policeman breaks the law, he is generally transferred to an inactive post.

How is that a punishment or deterrent to others?

Pity that it is no longer safe to visit Thailand and relax.

You must be sober and alert at all times.

Take care everyone!

I am really sorry you experienced this kind of violence firsthand and thank you for making the effort to revisit it in order to give us a better insight into how it happens.

• Like 2

No Alwyn, Thailand is nowhere near as dangerous as the UK, even in Scotland, I read the news every day. For a nation of only four and a half million, hardly a day goes past without murders and rapes being reported, and there always seems to be a murder or assault trial going on.

I feel much more safer here in Thailand, even in Pattaya and Bangkok than I do in Scotland.

Hi, I didn't suggest is is as dangerous as the UK or Scotland! To be honest I only ever had a couple of run in's but that was with drunk expats and a tourist, and once with a taxi driver when I was collecting my daughter and boyfriend from a hotel (I don't need to explain the basis of that row). I always felt safe in Thailand particularly in Chiang Mai. But then I always feel safe wherever I am, even when I contracted in Brasil for a year.

I agree. I try to avoid 'loud' farangs and do not drink with Thais, except at weddings/village parties with my wife as guest. I've walked the walk in BKK, Koh Samui, Pattaya, and now Chiang Mai. Never had any problem, even late at night. I've visited 50 'poor' countries in my working life, and Thailand is on my list as one of the safest. Kigali is on my list, also, as the only African capital a white person can walk around at night on their own without being harassed or worse.

I'd never go to Koh Tao, because I'm not young and I do not do full-moon parties, but even if I did, I would watch my back when the alcohol starts flowing and the drugs start being passed around. But this senseless attack has raised my awareness level. Not that anyone could have imagined 3 youths attacking a Farang sitting with 2 Thai friends - it beggars belief.

I've also visited and worked in countries that are not particularly safe - not as many as you though! My list includes Russia and the Baltic countries, Brasil and so on. The only country I felt not comfortable in - as in watch myself all the time - was Bangladesh strangely enough. There were a lot of protests on the streets while I was there which didn't help I guess. But part of what I do includes teaching self defence to civilians and I always advocate that the best self defence is "defence by distance" in other words, be somewhere else! If you're in a pub, club shop or whatever and it looks like kicking off - leave. You can't get hit, shot or stabbed if you're not there!

He who would fight, but runs away.

Lives - to "fight" another day.

We seldom go out at night, far to old for that.

We go out in family groups to a restaurant and home way before 9:00 pm.

Note that we live out in the sticks and I am the "only Farang in the village".

We have a knackered very old m/c and no car.

The locals probably feel sorry for me and the wife as we "visibly have no money".

They leave us alone and are amused by my attempts to speak Thai.

However, if after dark, I decide to walk to the supermarket, I have to ignore the young Thais drinking in a small roadside bar who call to me in English, inviting me to join them.

I'm old, not stupid!

• Like 1

You've got to be worried if you happen to be a Burmese worker living in the area.

Why exactly?

Did you read the story before posting this?

They Police have arrested 3 THAI men who have CONFESSED to the crime.

Still waiting for your irony transplant, are you?

That "irony" is pretty damn rusty. For "irony" to be effective it must be fresh. Only a dullard could drag out that old musty observation and expect anybody to be amused by it. Instead he offends your sensibilities. Give it a funking rest for Christ sake.

".... Burmese....", (with a broad wink and a poke in the ribs), "har har, har, got off a good one that time didn't I mate?!" Pathetic.

The odd thing here is that it is supposed to be Burmese men who are guilty of this. Since when do Thai youth idolize inferior neighbors in an act as horrendous as this? Methinks the Thai youth were, in fact, copying the murder, but not with reverence towards any Burmese, but another Thai person, which I suspect that these Thai youths know is responsible for the deaths on Koh Tao.

Again, since when do Thais imitate Burmese as a matter of flattery? Seems to me they would be losing face by doing something that inferior people do. I just never heard of this, and especially Burmese. Why would a Thai kid want to copy a Burmese criminal? His friends would never let them hear the end of it.

I wish a reporter would ask them directly if they were copying the Burmese, or if they had someone else in mind.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

Attention MonkeyCountry:

Here is a well written post from another thread which defines "murder":

"For it to be murder there has to be the premeditation of killing not just harming the victim. The 'murderers' hit the victim once, observed her stand back up, then they walked off. They did not think she would die and did not want her to die or they would have continued to hit her until she was certainly dead, therefore not murder. "

If we accept this as the definition of murder then wouldn't these same requirements be necessary to show "attempted murder" except for the actual completion of the act?

Did the 3 attackers think they had killed the German? Did they continue to hit the German until they thought he was dead? Or did they walk off while the German was still crawling or writhing around or screaming in pain? If they did then by the posters definition above, they could not have been intent on causing murder. The article did not provide those details. The police would have been more likely to be aware of such details from their investigation and considered such when they filed charges, correct?

Its interesting that the poster whom I quoted above argued for a lesser charge against the two men who attacked the Dutchman and his wife but is now arguing for a more serious charge against these three attackers. BTW, the quote can be attributed to MonkeyCountry.

Cheers

What are you chuntering on about cc?. These Thai lads went armed with the intention of a copy cat murder and I really hope they don't succeed. Hitting a man in the head with a hoe in anybody's book will likely cause death, attempted murder is a charge in Thailand and should be used.
Obviously we all hope they do not succeed.

What is less obvious is if they wanted to do a copycat murder or if they wanted to do a copycat attack.

If they had intended to murder then it appears they failed. So that leaves open the possibility their intent was not actually murder. These are stupid punks who lack any brain cells sober let alone drunk. To suggest they had some plan is giving them quite alot of credit. The conversation between these idiots was likely, "hey look theres a farang, I bet you won't go smash that farang with this hoe like what happened in KT" and the other idiot responded, "Sure I will".

Lets hear an actual medical examiners report that indicates how many times the German was struck. Lets read a police report with confessions. Personally, I don't put much faith in the accuracy of these news articles.

The police chose to file the charge they did. Ofcourse there are already claims on this thread of cover-up and special treatment for these attackers.

Well then why did the police not hide the weapon? Why did the police allow them to write a full and damning confession? Those are not indicative of a cover-up.

Anyway, it seems like TVF members are not capable of any deeper thought than to see how many times they can post, "A Thai wouldn't do this. It must be a Burmese".

You think its a coincidence a hoe was used or that it was unprovoked and happens to be now while the KT case is so high profile ?

Your a putz if you think murder wasnt intended slamming a hoe into someone.

Now im sure youd like everything to be the same everywhere re the RTP but they arnt all under the same police region and some do their job better than others and some areas arnt as controlled or corrupt as others.

Face it Thailand is slipping into a very dangerous period, the youth now have it in their heads tourists are a target they can get away with attacking.

Many of us have been saying how things have been going for some time and the message being sent by the lack of real policing and protection, this is the result.

I hope the international news media get this latest attack in the headlines and urge people visiting Thailand how dangerous it is becoming.

As things get worse socially and the economy slows crime will only rise, in a land of Xenophobia foreigners will become even more of a target as things deteriorate. Local Thais are of course going to feel it even more as crime rises.

Please stop with the excuses when the fact is this attack probably would have never have happened without the KT murders to put the seed in their heads.

Lets hope the victim pulls through and the international pressure increases on Thailand to ensure tourists safety, preferably by advising tourists to avoid Thailand altogether until it does so.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

Well at least the cops aren't blaming the Burmese or Cambodians.

Bang goes another 10k tourist arrivals.

10000 tourist arrivals? Really?? I think our perceptions get very distorted with TV as a news source. I just did a Google news search, and this story is only being picked up in the Thai media so far. Granted, it's still hot off the press. Let's see what happens over the next couple of days, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes barely a ripple in the international media. Hard to compete with ISIS, ebola, and the Ukraine.

In all my years in Thailand this has probably been the worst for crimes against foreigners. Young German guy fighting for his life while he was minding his own business.

I fail to share your optimism.

Also of course, someone considering to spend big bucks coming to Thailand is more likely to do some research on the country rather than worrying about ISIS.

"Also of course, someone considering to spend big bucks coming to Thailand is more likely to do some research on the country rather than worrying about ISIS."

Do you really believe that most tourists traveling to Thailand do research beyond what sites to see? Unless there is a sustained negative information flow in their home country's media, they will simply go with Thailand's existing reputation as a tropical paradise / party centre / sex tourism destination (depending on their inclination).

• Like 1

Amazing isn`t it, I have lived here for 31 years and somehow managed to survive all the coups, bird flu scares, pig flu, red shirt and yellow shirt disputes.

Attacks by thugs happen all over the world, probably much more common in Europe, the States and the UK. Thailand in my opinion is still one of the safest destinations for foreigners and like everywhere else, it can be just a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, only bad luck, as being victims of crime can happen to anyone, anywhere at any time.

For those who feel that living or visiting Thailand is a risk, than the solution is simple, live or visit other places where it is believed to be safer.

Theres that faulty Ive lived here for decades and Ive never been robbed so it must be safe.

Violent crime statistics are published in the order of incidents per 100,000 population. Even in that redneck den of violence, the USA, its about 380 per 100,000. That means 99.6% of the people arent victims of any violent crime in a given year. It also means Id have to live there for about 150 years before I had even a 50% chance of being a victim of violent crime.

The much maligned US homicide rate is 4.7 per 100,000, meaning Id have a 0.15% (1.5 in 1000) chance of being murdered if I lived there for your 31 years. I'd have to live there for around 500 years to have just a 3% chance of being murdered.

Just cause you feel safer- doesnt mean you are.

BTW, I am a Texas redneck- and proud of it.

Excellent analysis, putting things into context. By the way, what is a 'redneck'? Where does the word come from?. Ta

Racial hatred is rife in this country. Any westerner who understands Thai fluently need only spend five minutes in a public place to know this.

Yes rife.One major group considers itself to be the only true Siam-Thais and despises Isaan, the far North, hill tribes and of course anyone actually from outside the geographic borders.

Could the regime finally have its weapon of `reconciliation` here, ie shared racial hatred for a group outside the borders, the despicable, inferior Farang. Would not be the first regime of its type to use an outside bogey man to ensure support for the state. Did this poor German guy fall victim to something like this?

Are his attackers poorer lo-so twitchers` or do they have influential family support which puts them above laws? If the former, then the general attitude from the top re racial inferiority of Westerners may make them feel they can act with impunity as some kind of nationalist `heroes` History shows sick shizt like this all to often, imho

" the German man was sitting with two Thai friends near a park in Udon Thani's Muang District in the early morning of 15 November when three Thai teenagers suddenly attacked him with a garden hoe."

why didn't his two Thai friends try to stop the attack ?

The way I read it they did. And one of them wound up with a broken arm for his troubles.

• Like 1

Not possible.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774310-foreign-tourists-can-be-assured-of-safety-in-thailand-says-kobkarn/

She's looking particularly stupid right about now. Dumbest statement ever.

Hope the guys makes it and recovers fully.

We all knew that her TAT drivel about Thailand being safe was going to come

back and bite her on the posterior. Just did not think it would be so soon. What

the hell is going on here in Thailand now? Open season on farang ?

Clearly these walking morons did not feel they would be caught, and did

not think they would be executed.... It is becoming a drumbeat of bad news

out of Thailand, pretty sure they are going to start paying the price in the form

of less tourist arrivals...... People really do not care how pretty the beaches

are here , they just want to return after their Thai holiday alive.....

This guy's book which just came out about about the dangers of Thailand is looking

pretty timely with regards this latest assault.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2833369/Thailand-one-dangerous-tourist-destinations-Earth-Ex-pat-investigation-lifts-lid-dark-Land-Smiles.html

"In his book Thailand: Deadly Destination, Mr Stapleton attempts to expose the reputation of Thailand as a welcoming country, claiming a boom in tourism since the 1960s has created a hatred of foreigners and a ‘murderous indifference’ to the millions of tourists who flock to the country’s white-sand beaches, picturesque countryside and thriving nightlife each year."

Edited by EyesWideOpen

...is it hatred, stupidity, wickedness? Maybe a combination.

It's racism pure and simple, it's always been there in Thailand, nothing new.

We're just starting to talk about it, that's all.

I don't believe the Thai people are any more racist than any other country, but there is a minority everywhere.

Strangely, there used to be a joke about the definition of a racist, which actually has some unfortunate truth.

A racist is someone who spends half of his/her life condemning those of other colours and then spends the other half trying to look like them.

This stems from the days of racism about black people by a minority of white people who lambasted black immigrants and then spent their holiday time sunbathing to turn brown. It can easily apply the other way. Look at all the 'whitening' products on sale in this country and other parts of the world.

No conclusions from me, just a sad thought.

" the German man was sitting with two Thai friends near a park in Udon Thani's Muang District in the early morning of 15 November when three Thai teenagers suddenly attacked him with a garden hoe."

why didn't his two Thai friends try to stop the attack ?

The way I read it they did. And one of them wound up with a broken arm for his troubles.

Well at least it was three on three, one of the few fair fights I have ever heard

about in Thailand......

Copycat vioence is nothing new in Thailand. I' sure there must be members who remember the 'Samurai gang' craze which plagued some northern towns over the winter of, if I remember rightly, 2001-2. Basically, it became the thing to do to form a gang on motorcycles and go out and attack some other hapless sod riding along minding their own business. A few people were killed, and a fair number badly cut up. It was almost nightly for a week or two. In Chiang Rai they even killed a man and his wife on their way into the market to sell vegetables. I remember turning down the offer to rent a very nice house just outside town because I most certainly didn't fancy the ride home in the dark.

It all died out in the end. Nobody ever came to court, but the police went round to a supposed ringleader's house and he somehow managed to get shot in the head 'while trying to escape arrest,' They then visited a few other people's houses with the 'we know where you live too', line. And as I say it stopped. It was mostly kids apparently, some from good families. I had a police captain as a student at the time and he basically told mr the story.

But it was bad for a while. It had begun in Lampang and at its worst there were attacks in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Maesai, all copycat and all different groups. It seems the Thais always go in for imitation, no matter what...

• Like 1

Racial hatred is rife in this country. Any westerner who understands Thai fluently need only spend five minutes in a public place to know this.

Yes rife.One major group considers itself to be the only true Siam-Thais and despises Isaan, the far North, hill tribes and of course anyone actually from outside the geographic borders.

Could the regime finally have its weapon of `reconciliation` here, ie shared racial hatred for a group outside the borders, the despicable, inferior Farang. Would not be the first regime of its type to use an outside bogey man to ensure support for the state. Did this poor German guy fall victim to something like this?

Are his attackers poorer lo-so twitchers` or do they have influential family support which puts them above laws? If the former, then the general attitude from the top re racial inferiority of Westerners may make them feel they can act with impunity as some kind of nationalist `heroes` History shows sick shizt like this all to often, imho

"..... the despicable, inferior Farang."

The same farangs that just landed a rover on a comet ?? :-) That racial position must be hard

to hang onto, well unless you never read the news.

anything more to say...!!!??

"Thailand 'one of the most dangerous tourist destinations on Earth': Expat investigation lifts lid on dark side of the Land of Smiles"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2833369/Thailand-one-dangerous-tourist-destinations-Earth-Ex-pat-investigation-lifts-lid-dark-Land-Smiles.html#ixzz3JJXUvHPO

Blocked by the Ministry of Information & Communication Technology. As was a picture I was sent of (apparently) record coverage of North Pole ocean Ice sheet. Tourism bad news articles & Anti Climate Change both on the "shall not see" list.

No surprise, if the perps aren't punished people get the message that it is fine to whack tourists/foreigners/farang over the head and/or kill them. There are little to no consequences. This kind of thing will only continue to increase until the virtual endorsement of these kind of crimes stops and serious investigations and actions are taken to punish the guilty.

Why do Thais hate foreigners so much that they want to kill them?

The local village girls come home from Pattaya with money that they could never earn in normal work & only talk & boast about their "falang boyfriends"? That could piss some young guys off. "It's not fair. These guys have money to have something we cannot get!!!"

Just flying a kite? Anyone ever heard or seen attitudes like this? It does seem possible to me. Relationship opportunities distorted by falang money! I am seriously trying to look for a grievance that could make young punks this really violently anti falang. There has to be something boiling. Surely these guys were not just drinking & one says "Let's go & kill someone for kicks"

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

Tourists now are just targets....it looks like murder for fun. I suppose they figure nobody cares, that they can't get caught. They need to be severely dealt with...perhaps life imprisonment. I would like to see uncover police actually track down kids like this and ....well...in the philippines they use the word..."Salvage"

Maybe TAT decides to cancel the Martial Law tourism campaign and replace it with Murder tourism, would be a killer attraction for tourists, not?

Edited by Anthony5