Two Partially-clothed Russians caught with Marijuana on Pattaya Beach

webfact

Two Partially-clothed Russians caught with Marijuana on Pattaya Beach

russia-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just before 1am on Sunday, Pattaya Police received a report of two Russian women who were allegedly smoking Marijuana and at-least one of them was topless.

Police arrived at the Beach area in front of Soi 12 and found the two Russian women, one of them was topless, and the other was fully clothed. A distinct odor of Marijuana was in the air and a search uncovered a small bag of Marijuana, a class 5 drug in Thailand, and a water bottle which had been modified into a smoking device.

The pair were taken away in a Police Truck and appeared oblivious to the fact that possession and consumption of Marijuana can lead to serious consequences, if the case progresses to Court.

In this case, the alleged crime appears to have been ignored by Police who took the Russian women somewhere, but not to Pattaya Police Station.

Reporters waited for 5 hours at the Police Station and when Officers were then asked as to the status of the case, they appeared to be unaware of the incident and confirmed that the two women had not been taken to Pattaya Police Station for further processing.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155640/two-partially-clothed-russians-caught-with-marijuana-on-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-17

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here a update:

Police officers have updated the progress of the case where 2 Russian girls were found smoking weed and later disappeared.

PATTAYA – Recently [Pattaya Daily News] according to the case that Pattaya police arrested 2 Russian girls who were topless smoking weed on Pattaya beach. Plus the officers found a pack of cannabis. However the police didn’t prosecute them and they disappeared.

On 16th November at 15.00 pm Pol.Lt.Chaowalit Suwanmanee-deputy inspector of Pattaya police station said d that he was notified about the incident and he had ordered 2 police officers to inspect because he was busy with other business. Later 2 officers told him that they had found 2 Russians who were topless smoking weed so they took them to the information center and told them that it was inappropriate behavior but they didn’t find any cannabis. The police then sent them to the Sawasdee hotel. Later he seen the news so he asked the 2 police who inspected the girls and found that the cannabis pack was hidden under the sand.

Pol.Col.Suppatee Boonkrong-acting superintendent of Pattaya police station- revealed that Royal Thai police office ordered Pol.Lt.Col.Chinnawat Srisawas-deputy superintendent- to investigate this case.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/latest-update-weed-smoking-russian-girls/

so where did the police take them?

The police dropped them off at their hotel because they were concerned for the women's safety and since they were already kind enough to not press charges for marijuana consumption, they did not want to expose the young scantily clad women to photographers cameras.

But ofcourse you missed that due to your constant bias and unfounded hatred and resentment of the RTP.

Edited by ClutchClark

This is great news! Marijuana possession small quantities IGNORED. Hope it's a trend. Nobody should be in jail in any country for possessing small amounts of ganja.

JT-now I realise why you have so many problems/issues with our local songtaew drivers whistling.gif

This is great news! Marijuana possession small quantities IGNORED. Hope it's a trend. Nobody should be in jail in any country for possessing small amounts of ganja.

JT-now I realise why you have so many problems/issues with our local songtaew drivers whistling.gif

Don't be silly. Personally, I hate the stuff. My pothead HIPPIE days are long over!

Besides that, even for people that WANT to do pot in Thailand.

Don't.

They are clearly not letting all these cases go and getting caught here could mess up your life.

Edited by Jingthing

Don't be silly. Personally, I hate the stuff. My pothead HIPPIE days are long over!

Besides that, even for people that WANT to do pot in Thailand.

Don't.

They are clearly not letting all these cases go and getting caught here could mess up your life.

You hate it?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Apparently the girls weren't in possession of the drug so there was nothing to be ignored

Everybody who breaks the law, whether you like that law or not should be liable for prosecution otherwise where is the line to be drawn? Or do we just go along with your interpretation of which laws are enforced?

Apparently the girls weren't in possession of the drug so there was nothing to be ignored

Everybody who breaks the law, whether you like that law or not should be liable for prosecution otherwise where is the line to be drawn? Or do we just go along with your interpretation of which laws are enforced?

Of course they were in possession. Read the news story.

I've already stated my position ... I'm against criminalizing personal use of ganja. It is also well known that police in any country do not prosecute every law violation. They use DISCRETION on which cases to bother with. If justice systems prosecuted every violation, most people would be in prison ... here or anywhere.

Edited by Jingthing

The ladies look like they have imbibed a little. They were giggling a lot.

Interestingly no shot of the cops faces.

Of course the marijuana wouldn't have anything to do with them being a tad high??

Reading some of the "expert" opinions about the nature of the crime and the imagined consequences, it sounds like the usual TV Bar Stool Crime Scene Investigators (BS-CSI) have surprisingly intimate knowledge of the law and the local police ... or maybe it's Happy Hour inspired insight.

Is there even the ghost of a chance that the recreational marijuana use will be legalized in Thailand?

No ... this country is way too hypocritical on "morality" issues to do anything that logical and sensible. Last I heard it's even illegal to sell sex toys here!

Edited by Jingthing

Is there even the ghost of a chance that the recreational marijuana use will be legalized in Thailand?

The chances are as slim as gambling will be legalized in Thailand so that means zero chance,

But it seems like you can smoke weed on the beach and get away with it. Just smile and be polite to the kind police officers.

Edited by balo

Of course they were in possession. Read the news story.

I've already stated my position ... I'm against criminalizing personal use of ganja. It is also well known that police in any country do not prosecute every law violation. They use DISCRETION on which cases to bother with. If justice systems prosecuted every violation, most people would be in prison ... here or anywhere.

We had descretion once upon a time. If I found someone with a small quality of hooch I would offer them the choice, tip out and go home or be charged. I did this until it blew up in my face and my partner reported me and I faced disciplinary action and threatened with being charged with perverting the course of justice. (Destroying evidence). Had I allowed them to simply walk away I am sure my partner would have still reported me and then I may have been charged with aid and abet. Yes we had discretion once but with the new breed of police in Victoria Aust you don't trust the guy you are working with so it is charge no ifs or buts.

Russian Marijuana Case closed by Pattaya Police Chief

russia-22.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The Pattaya Police Chief confirmed on Monday that the two Russian Females who were alleged to have been caught with Marijuana and drug taking paraphernalia on Pattaya Beach in the early hours of Sunday are free to continue their Holiday in Pattaya without fear of further Police action being taken against them.

The two Russian Women, were initially detained on Pattaya Beach just before 1am on Sunday and the story made the National press, mainly due to the way the Police handled the case after they were taken away from the beach in a Police truck.

On Monday the two women were asked to attend Pattaya Police Station where they agreed to participate in drug tests which the Police Chief claimed were negative for the presence of controlled substances in their bodies.

It was also claimed that the small bag of Marijuana and the device used to smoke it, belong to another tourist who was sitting close to the pair and had already left, leaving the drugs and the device behind.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155668/russian-marijuana-case-closed-by-pattaya-police-chief/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-18