Trashed airplane

NamKAheng

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recall being on a flight to Kunming in around 2006. The Chinese gentleman sitting across the aisle from me, i.e. about 2 feet away, saw nothing wrong in spitting into the aisle.

I pointed out my disapproval using the international signs of pointing and facial disgust and to his credit, he desisted.

• Like 1

I will say up front that I do like and have lived in the USA ,but I blame the US airlines for starting cheap air travel as people would say going by air is just like going on the bus no big deal cheap as chips,just arrive at the airport buy a ticket and away you go.

Then the Europeans got the idea maybe we could follow the US with cheap air travel they did and now Asia has it everyone can fly and today well I`m lucky 1st or business class for me and even then you can get some arrogant little shit who thinks the sunshine shines out of it`s bum ,thanks US airlines.

• Like 1

Southwest in USA I believe was the first low cost carrier in the USA in 1971....but...the USA was not the first...I believe Icelandic in the 1960's was the first that offered low ball no frills trans Atlantic flights...and soon after came the Brit Sir Eddie Laker with his version of low cost carrier trans atlantic. All of these came after the low cost charter operators like Capitol that were famous for stranding full loads of passengers around the world as they had very few planes and a mechanical problem could turn into days long delays.

I believe the original low cost USA carriers were started with non union staff which immediately gave them a labor savings over the unionized competitors.

In the end I am happy to see the low cost carriers do well as they have indeed opened up air travel to more and more people....and for those who don't like the low cost service there are generally numerous options to pay out the nose for first class. For the rest of us that want the low ball fares you just have to accept that with low fares comes low class and lower your expectations.

• Like 1

The good old days of classy and quality people flying are looooooooong gone. Remember the days when one would dress up in ones finest suits, arrive at the airport early and follow every instruction issued by air crews to the detail? Well those days are loooooooooong gone.

Scum everywhere.

Wanna avoid the hassle completely?

Pay the bucks for a first class ticket. You'll still pay less (adjusted for inflation) than you would have paid for an ordinary seat during those heady, cultured days of regulated airfares. The days when only the rich and business travelers could afford to fly more than once or twice in their entire lifetime.

As for me? I like the choice- pay the bucks or fly cattle class.

Give me a good price and I'll take my chances with the riff raff. $200 an hour for a nicer seat and a better meal doesn't seem like a good deal.

The good old days of classy and quality people flying are looooooooong gone. Remember the days when one would dress up in ones finest suits, arrive at the airport early and follow every instruction issued by air crews to the detail? Well those days are loooooooooong gone.

Scum everywhere.

Wanna avoid the hassle completely?

Pay the bucks for a first class ticket. You'll still pay less (adjusted for inflation) than you would have paid for an ordinary seat during those heady, cultured days of regulated airfares. The days when only the rich and business travelers could afford to fly more than once or twice in their entire lifetime.

As for me? I like the choice- pay the bucks or fly cattle class.

Give me a good price and I'll take my chances with the riff raff. $200 an hour for a nicer seat and a better meal doesn't seem like a good deal.

I've fLown first, many times. I only do business now. You get the odd t w a t arrive into business but there's more room and they're rarer.

You need to check out some of the prices on the emirates suites.....you can slide ur door shut and avoid everyone. :)

Edited by neverdie

It is nice to know that the OP neatly refolds his blanket and place it with the pillow on top on the seat with the seatbelt crossed neatly above it and tidies up the back of seat pocket.

Edited by harrry

my mother in law served us some cut

fruit the other day in Thai Airways plastic bowls... wife just rolled her eyes..

Its not like their on the skin of their teeth.

Edited by eeeya

Thais don't "nick" things from planes or in general. They are quite civil and polite. Although I have many good Chinese friends and I really enjoy China, one thing that is noticeable and quite irritating (though it has improved by leaps and bounds over just a few years) is the Chinese propensity to take things from aircraft that they shouldn't, including cutlery, maybe even the life jackets, perfume in the bathrooms, even the safety card! Even more annoying are those impatient passengers who unbuckle their seats and are starting to walk around the cabin when the plane has barely come to a stop after landing! That prompts an angry "SIT DOWN!!" from cabin crew, especially on foreign airlines such as Thai (this only applies to flights to/from China, or within China).

As a regular on the THAI Bangkok-Kunming-Bangkok flights, I've noticed things have definitely improved since 2009, the first time I flew to Kunming and indeed my first time to mainland China. Back then it was completely uncivilized, chaos reigned supreme. However, these days it's only a minority of Chinese passengers in my experience that still "act up"; it seems more and more are becoming well travelled these days and with improved manners. Even on Chinese domestic flights same thing, nothing much to report about.

I have a friend who collects the safety cards. Asks me to get them for him, but I always "forget".

These says it's been replaced by this new generation of 'everything's about me' . People do as they please with NO CONSIDERATION or ReSpEcT for others.

Economy travel is like the worlds trailer trash all crammed in a tube with 3 or 4 normal folk & I pity those poorbastards that can't afford to be carried further fore in the aluminium tube.

The human gene pool is looking real ordinary........people should really need to qualify for passports, stop these a.holes from flying for goodness sake.

If I were a pilot these days, I'd want an ejection chute in the a/c and if I left one port with 300 I'd probably arrive at the next stop with 20.

Scum everywhere.

A suit crazy.gif

The last time I wore one was about 35 years ago

Guess I better return my pass port

Your way of thinking went out with the 50's

Please wake up. we don't need a collar and tie to be a frequent flyer

I think farting on airplanes should be made a criminal offence - and a body odour stench test prior to boarding be made compulsory. If you have fly cattle class to or from the ......... subcontinent, take a gas mask with you.

"body odour stench test "

Not only on Aircraft. Should apply to BTS, trains, buses & other public transport systems.

I've heard that those pesky little brown people are getting ideas above their station Carruthers!

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

The handsome, classy and quality people, dressed up in ones finest suits.

Those days loooooooooong gone...

Lovely, lovely days. When will they come back again?

coffee1.gif

30 years ago planes were like cattle trucks. In 2014 planes are still like cattle trucks. Give me a boat anyday.

You're right you get herded in. But if you've only got 3 weeks to get a holiday from UK to Thailand that's you're only choice unless you've got the money to go higher class. Still though people could still be more respectful to other travellers and the airline staff that serve them.

"Still though people could still be more respectful to other travellers and the airline staff that serve them."

Lovely words.

Why limit the civility to only when flying?

If it could be applied in ones day to day life, this world would be a better place for all to live in.

Good place to start is here, TVF I guess.

• Like 2

I've heard that those pesky little brown people are getting ideas above their station Carruthers!

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

The handsome, classy and quality people, dressed up in ones finest suits.

Those days loooooooooong gone...

Lovely, lovely days. When will they come back again?

coffee1.gif

post-64834-0-92324800-1416450397_thumb.jlong gone

• Like 1

It is nice to know that the OP neatly refolds his blanket and place it with the pillow on top on the seat with the seatbelt crossed neatly above it and tidies up the back of seat pocket.

Harry,

You are being silly now.

Please don't make me speak to you again about this. :P

Harry,

You are being silly now.

Please don't make me speak to you again about this. tongue.png

I do all that and more, I also carefully fold the top of the full airsickness bag and return it to the seat pocket.......... upside down.
  • Like 1

Harry,

You are being silly now.

Of course not...you know the only people who do that are ex Special Services or Convicts.smile.png

Ain't no racism, bigotry, snobbery, baby hatred or elitism on this thread .........

Call it what you will but many moons back I use to fly in the economy cabin with people of all walks of life, race, creed, whatever. There was never a problem.

These days there cheap arsed, low life cross bred scum sukkers everywhere......it's the individuals spoiling it for the normal people.

there should be a create in the baggage compartment for some of these <deleted> to ride in.

If you can't behave, don't fly.

Only a little consideration for others is needed. I can do it, why can't these <deleted> so it?

So, perhaps you understand what is being talked about now?.....or are you one of them philw, I hope not.

Harry,

You are being silly now.

Of course not...you know the only people who do that are ex Special Services or Convicts.smile.png

I don't know about that....all I know is my granny use to cook up those special service guys for breakfast and I'd eat em up. Convicts....I've created a few of those too ;)

Stop being norty Harry, what's got into you? Keep it up and I will send Costas around. ;)

Edited by neverdie

Harry,

You are being silly now.

I do all that and more, I also carefully fold the top of the full airsickness bag and return it to the seat pocket.......... upside down.

Nice.

I hope you come back in the next life as a flightie on Pakistani airlines.

Last Time I flew Pakistani Airlines was about 30 years ago. Had a bottle of Southern Comfort down the side of the seat to get me through that ordeal.

That about sums it up, Ordeal. Lol

Wonder how many bottles of oozoo it takes to make Costas Airline bearable.