Triumph bikes in Thailand

DILLIGAD

they said Thruxton will not be more than 500 K THB so i assume they will reduce the prices a lot.

So, if that is true it means a price reduction of more than 250 K THB!

Hope they decrease the prices 250 k THB for all:)

and that makes Triumph Tiger 800 550 k THB which is nearly the same with BMW GS 800!

If the Thruxton will be under/approx 500,000,that's about 100,000 more than the UK.

Is that still because of higher Taxes here or someone making extra profit, knowing the expensive market here?.

I stopped off at Britbike in Rangsit and was told the price list will be out on 28th November.

Also 450k for the Thruxton - will need to wait until the 28th to be sure.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they said Thruxton will not be more than 500 K THB so i assume they will reduce the prices a lot.

and that makes Triumph Tiger 800 550 k THB which is nearly the same with BMW GS 800!

If the Thruxton will be under/approx 500,000,that's about 100,000 more than the UK.

Is that still because of higher Taxes here or someone making extra profit, knowing the expensive market here?.

I stopped off at Britbike in Rangsit and was told the price list will be out on 28th November.

Good man,if what they told is correct,it might make the Bonnie 400,000ish.

As its about 50,000 cheaper than the Thruxton in the UK,but we all know about TIT.

The Thruxton is a great looking bike,but I don't think my bad back and dodgy leg could cope with one! ;-(

Another Bonnie or maybe a Tiger would be very nice.

450 k for thruxton is a very good deal if true IMO!

lets see if street triple and scrambler will go for 450 k as they are also listed at 750 k thb. and tiger for 500 k thb.

Fingers crossed.

Heart says another Scrambler (last one was 1961 Tiger cub)

Head says Tiger XR(x)

Good point,I'd almost forgotten about the Scrambler,do Britbike allow

any test rides?.

Also,I asked about a Factory tour,anyone do it?. They said if I was serious about buying a Triumph,it could be arranged!

I'm not serious about buying one, but I would love to visit the factory. Maybe we can arrange a tour?

I did visit the Triumph factory ......,Meriden,back in 1976 on my T100R,one saturday morning,remember it if it was last week.

I heard last week from a local Thai guy , that a Triumph was going to be about 4000,000 bart,I thought I misheard him.

Good news if it true.

We just need someone who takes charge in organizing it...

Maz? :-)

I could,but going back to the UK early Dec for about a month.

I'm in Kanchanaburi at the moment, but back to Bangkok on Tuesday until the 30th.

How about late next week?,possibly even the weekend(if they allow visits then?).

I'm based in Udonsuk,very near the BTS and willing to drive(sorry,no bike here yet) to the factory. Are there 2 factories now?, I read on here somewhere there's a 2nd.

I know the one near the 7(Bangkok to Chonburi)Expressway.

Any takers?, if so I'll call Britbike again.

Cheers Maz

I'm not serious about buying one, but I would love to visit the factory. Maybe we can arrange a tour?

I did visit the Triumph factory ......,Meriden,back in 1976 on my T100R,one saturday morning,remember it if it was last week.

I heard last week from a local Thai guy , that a Triumph was going to be about 4000,000 bart,I thought I misheard him.

Good news if it true.

Could make my retirement day :-),750,000 no,but possibly 400,000 up.

Happy days

That's when I brought my T140V,last of the right foot gear change.

And as we saw earlier,their doing a similar colour scheme now. Cherokee Red and Ivory? White,then.

So, is anyone going to the show in BKK on Friday that can report cast iron details about the new prices ( preferably with photo"s of the new Triumph price list?)[/quote

I'm thinking about going,but the website says the 29th,but post #91 states the 28th for the announcement,according to Britbike. Are Triumph/Britbike announcing the price reduction before the Motor Expo show?.

I'll willing go to Britbike and/or the show,to take photos of the new price list etc.

I'll call Britbike tomorrow,to confirm the exact date and possible Factory tour.

But I might need numbers etc.

So, is anyone going to the show in BKK on Friday that can report cast iron details about the new prices ( preferably with photo"s of the new Triumph price list?)

i will be there on 29th and will check.

if i find some bikes with reasonable price, i will book one.

Gentlemen, an update from Britbike.

The chap on the phone, said the prices have been already reduced,but not on their website until the end of the month!.

He wouldn't tell me the new prices over the phone,however he did say the Classic style(Bonnie,Thruxton etc),Tiger and the street Triple will have the biggest reductions and the Scrambler less so.Not the rest of the range?.

He also said the Scrambler may stop production next year(a bit strange with Ducati launching theirs!).

And they will have the new improved 2015 model Tiger.

I also asked about a factory tour and he said it was unusual,but they could possibly help arrange a visit to Triumph.( there are more than 2 factory's).

He will be at the show on Saturday and he was obviously busy today.

They (not Triumph/Britbike?)say they are second hand prices and page last updated in 2012. The wait continues

Ah,nearly got fooled.

Hope the new prices are nearer the 400,000 ish then,they will have the correct prices at the Motor Expo.

785K baht don't sound attractive to me at all if you can get a Yamaha MT09 for 435K baht.

Well that is not the right price anyway (hopefully).

If somebody try arranging a factory trip is there any chance we can do it after the 20th Dec as I am still overseas working untill then?

Somebody on rideasia.net seems to know more than we do here, whispers have been heard at 550K baht for the new Tiger and some bikes will cost around 400K baht (Boneville??)

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/triumph-motorcycles/6474-triumph-cuts-new-boi-tax-deal-thailand.html

785K baht don't sound attractive to me at all if you can get a Yamaha MT09 for 435K baht.

Well that is not the right price anyway (hopefully).

If somebody try arranging a factory trip is there any chance we can do it after the 20th Dec as I am still overseas working untill then?

Somebody on rideasia.net seems to know more than we do here, whispers have been heard at 550K baht for the new Tiger and some bikes will cost around 400K baht (Boneville??)

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/triumph-motorcycles/6474-triumph-cuts-new-boi-tax-deal-thailand.html

Good info,hopefully to be confirmed at the Motor Expo.

As for the factory tour,I've only got a week left here and moving as home well.

Very unlikely now for me, but I'll be back in January.

If that's too late for some?,no problem.

If anyone else is going to the show,have a word with Britbike there. He seemed very helpful on the phone.

But I'm quite prepared to organise a trip with the help of Britbike for January,I personnel's want to check out their quality control etc here,before I spend my hard earned cash.

I saw a beautiful Triumph the other day. Brand new. Looked like a cafe style. I don't know the models, but it was very, very nice.

He probably just paid 750,000bt. Poor bastard.

Yep,could be a few pissed off Triumph owners soon and that sounds like a Thruxton,agreed. Cracking looking bike

I believe I read that Ducati refunded some tax money back?. When a similar situation occurred

I just been reading though all the on-line tests I could find about the Bonneville T-100 and checked the huge forum: Triumph twins talk.

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk/

The more I read about it, the more I like it, loooove the look of it, I have to admit, it just looks like a real bike to me. Some ride all over the USA on them and have passed 100K miles long time ago. Many have ridden much faster bikes before but have downgraded for various reasons: old age or realizing that riding a 1000cc sports bikes is risky and is better done on a track where you can go for it fairly safe,

Well I am certainly looking forward to my next holidays in Thailand = go looking bikes.

My shortlist so far: Kawa Versys 650 (likely 325.K baht). Bonneville T-100 (Black?) 425K baht????, Suzuki V-strom 650 340K baht. Tiger 800(no too much man, my wife will kill me).

My heart says T-100 but really thinking realistic about it: Versys 650, not sure of anything yet, will go and look at them when I get home, see what the wife says (she has an odd bike taste man, LOL)

Only one big bike in the stable for me, I got kid/wife/dog/truck sooo.

BUT there WILL be a big bike parked in front of my Ranger truck next time home, I miss the rides too much, the pcx can only do so much, which is not good enough.

Am not a biker but can confirm the price reductions. Was at their factory last Monday doing some work and they told me they will launch at the Impact show this weekend. I do remember seeing a Tiger with a price tag of under 500,000. Wish i took some pictures now.

We'll be put out of our misery and waiting on Sat,it sounds like it will be good.

Just how good???,break open those piggy banks chaps :-)

Nice one,deposit now and delivery in Feb,same as the Motor Expo.

Don't want to piss on your Strawberry's, but the note above the price list,says estimated. Hope they confirm those prices.

I'll have the T100 Black please,but can't make my mine up which colour! ;-)

Archived