Triumph bikes in Thailand

DILLIGAD

Nicer prices; it will be great to see more Triumphs on the road here.

A long time ago I checked out a used Speed Triple (but too tall for me) and the passion of the seller and details in the bike were much higher than a Japanese bike.

I feel no remorse for those who paid the old price or for those who will pay ~150k more for a Bonnie here than in the US.

Triumphs are not basic transport; they are luxury toys and hopefully most of those Thai taxes go to good use (stop..that's a whole different can of worms).

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one,deposit now and delivery in Feb,same as the Motor Expo.

Don't want to piss on your Strawberry's, but the note above the price list,says estimated. Hope they confirm those prices.

I'll have the T100 Black please,but can't make my mine up which colour! ;-)

Those prices are higher than I hoped for regarding the T-100'ssad.png

So about 150K baht more than UK & US as one poster pointed out already.

Luxury toys?? What do you mean by that? Well sort ofwhistling.gif

Well it looks like I will be riding a Versys 650 next yearsmile.png .

Street Triple R at 450K is a pretty good price here for a cracking bike. If it was that price back in April I'd have bought one, not the FZ09.

The FZ09 is a great bike and I'm very happy with it, but the Striple R has many more years of development behind it. Much better stock suspension with a lot of adjustability and it also has ABS. If Yamaha don't start importing the ABS-equipped FZ09 and sell that for the current 435K asking price then I reckon they'll see FZ sales suffer.

I expected the Tiger XRx to be nearer 550k so i think it's a lot of bike for the (suggested) money

Condorman where did you get this info from?

Yes I agree if Cman's quote is correct, only 20.000 more than a T-100 Black and you get so much more bike in the Tiger 800.

I guess the T-100 will have to wait untill I turn 60 in 8 years time and by then there will be many 2nd hand bikes around, win win.

I don't like the entry level Bonneville so much, it just looks wrong to me.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/11/04/2015-triumph-tiger-800-xr-and-800-xc-adventure-motorcycle-review-first-look-photos/

I expected the Tiger XRx to be nearer 550k so i think it's a lot of bike for the (suggested) money

Yes I agree if Cman's quote is correct, only 20.000 more than a T-100 Black and you get so much more bike in the Tiger 800.

I guess the T-100 will have to wait untill I turn 60 in 8 years time and by then there will be many 2nd hand bikes around, win win.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/11/04/2015-triumph-tiger-800-xr-and-800-xc-adventure-motorcycle-review-first-look-photos/

I got the info from a Thai friend who is into bikes.

I guess the dealers get the prices a day before the official announcement so the prices will be leaked quickly.

Tomorrow will tell.

Street Triple R at 450K is a pretty good price here for a cracking bike. If it was that price back in April I'd have bought one, not the FZ09.

The FZ09 is a great bike and I'm very happy with it, but the Striple R has many more years of development behind it. Much better stock suspension with a lot of adjustability and it also has ABS. If Yamaha don't start importing the ABS-equipped FZ09 and sell that for the current 435K asking price then I reckon they'll see FZ sales suffer.

also triumph street triple is more of a premium bike if you compare with budget fz09. still, no worries, fz09 is a a blast as well:)

not tomorrow, today is VIP day and doors are opened 10 minutes ago so we will hear it today possibly:)

450 k thb for street triple if true is very good price and very very tempting for me as it is a dream bike for me for my Bangkok rides as a 105 hp triple engine bike at 183 kg with a 17.3 lit petrol tank with good looks - debatable though that looks i know.

i am very very interested so lets see!

tiger has also a good price IMO. less than BMW if true.

Thank you Triumph for providing me an alternative to going back with Kawasaki!

The Versys 1000 was pretty much the only bike on my list, but with the Xcx being offered I am seriously swayed away from that. While I'd be giving up ~20 HP and the excellent Kingdom-wide Kawasaki dealership network, I'd be getting a technologically superior bike for 80K less. That's quite a bit of accessories to transform it into a dedicated touring bike.

also triumph street triple is more of a premium bike if you compare with budget fz09. still, no worries, fz09 is a a blast as well:)

Looks like the Street Triple R is competing against Ducati's Monster 796.

Good competition. IMHO the Triumph edges it

Thank you Triumph for providing me an alternative to going back with Kawasaki!

The Versys 1000 was pretty much the only bike on my list, but with the Xcx being offered I am seriously swayed away from that. While I'd be giving up ~20 HP and the excellent Kingdom-wide Kawasaki dealership network, I'd be getting a technologically superior bike for 80K less. That's quite a bit of accessories to transform it into a dedicated touring bike.

And you get a premium much more better looking bike as well unlike kawa versys and it is more of an adventure bike than you can go off road as well.

No brainer dave for you but i have a feeeling like kawa versys might be more reliable than triumph tiger and service costs sure more for tiger.

The FZ has some budget bits to it (suspension, dash) but there's nothing budget about most of it, including the motor. 20% more torque than the Striple (which it ought to have, being 850 cc to 675 cc).

My bad about the ABS on the Striple too - I think it's actually an option (switchable ABS) rather than standard so I don't know if the Thailand Striple R has ABS or not.

Still a great bike though.

Looks like the Street Triple R is competing against Ducati's Monster 796.

Good competition. IMHO the Triumph edges it

The Triumph doesn't edge - it kills it in most areas.

The only reason you would get the monster is bevause you want a Ducati, the styling or the different exhaust note. Now the question is, do I trade the M796 that is 4 months old for the STR or do I just suck it up and stay with the M796.......... Or do I get the STR for the wife to use.....haha

The FZ has some budget bits to it (suspension, dash) but there's nothing budget about most of it, including the motor. 20% more torque than the Striple (which it ought to have, being 850 cc to 675 cc).

My bad about the ABS on the Striple too - I think it's actually an option (switchable ABS) rather than standard so I don't know if the Thailand Striple R has ABS or not.

Still a great bike though.

It may be a logical fallacy, but per all the hype about the FZ09, I always assumed that one bought an awesome motor that coincidentally had a bike attached to it. :)

street triple at 420 k, wow, it is true. i will check tomorrow and maybe put a deposit if needed, tiger is also tempting but 230 kg bonny is not tempting me now once they announced the price drop of their modern bikes!

bad thing is according to the rumors, triumph will release new street triple next year but sure it takes another year for it to arrive Thailand.

Thanks!

Pretty much cements my decision for the next bike...Tiger 800 Xcx. Of course if Honda releases the rumoured Africa Twin 1000 in the same price range I'll be conflicted again.

A manageable 218 kg wet weight, cruise control, 3 rider modes, switchable traction control, switchable ABS, WP shock and forks, etc. The only thing I'm unsure of is the 21" front wheel. It's been a while since I've ridden any bike that has a bigger than 17" front and I wonder what the affect will be on the mountain roads and even splitting traffic.

Thanks!

Pretty much cements my decision for the next bike...Tiger 800 Xcx. Of course if Honda releases the rumoured Africa Twin 1000 in the same price range I'll be conflicted again.

A manageable 218 kg wet weight, cruise control, 3 rider modes, switchable traction control, switchable ABS, WP shock and forks, etc. The only thing I'm unsure of is the 21" front wheel. It's been a while since I've ridden any bike that has a bigger than 17" front and I wonder what the affect will be on the mountain roads and even splitting traffic.

slower and lazier steering. at normal conditions, not much difference IMO.

Thanks!

slower and lazier steering. at normal conditions, not much difference IMO.

Agreed. The XR(x) is more a touring machine, I believe

Agreed. The XR(x) is more a touring machine, I believe

The XRX has a 19" front wheel. It is also mag wheels. You also give up the adjustable suspension as well as 40 mm front and 45 mm rear travel. Other than some standard aluminium protection bits there's not much other difference with the exception of the beak that I can tell.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the 21" front wheel. It's been a while since I've ridden any bike that has a bigger than 17" front and I wonder what the affect will be on the mountain roads and even splitting traffic.

Dirt bikes use a 21" front wheel because it rolls over obstacles easier. This will also give sharper steering response than a smaller diameter tire.

Also, as tires get smaller in diameter, they usually get wider. This makes them harder to turn, all other things being equal.

Will the 21" tire be more 'twitchy' on the asphalt ? Unknown without a test ride.

Here is a nice overview of models and prices:http://www.britbike.co.th/Triumph_Motorcycle_Thailand,_Britbike/Price_List.html

Can someone explain why the Scrambler is 200k more than a Bonneville?

Ummh....it costs that much to relocate the exhaust and lose 10 bhp from going to a 270 degree engine. You're paying for the nostalgia and Triumph having made the bike that way saving you from having to do it.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the 21" front wheel. It's been a while since I've ridden any bike that has a bigger than 17" front and I wonder what the affect will be on the mountain roads and even splitting traffic.

Dirt bikes use a 21" front wheel because it rolls over obstacles easier. This will also give sharper steering response than a smaller diameter tire.

Also, as tires get smaller in diameter, they usually get wider. This makes them harder to turn, all other things being equal.

Will the 21" tire be more 'twitchy' on the asphalt ? Unknown without a test ride.

I understand the point of using a 21" front tyre to roll over obstacles better...but it's not going to help with a sharper steering response in and of itself. A 21" wheel has a greater centripetal force than a 17". Meaning it's more resistant to change when in motion. I do believe that looking at the rake and trail may actually yield the information about why those dirt bikes are easier to turn. I agree with the wider comment though.

My post was directed at those who have experience riding a dual sport bike; obviously the rake and trail is adjusted to a compromise between off-road and on-road capabilities. I was just wondering if anyone with experience in such a setup could chime in.

Agreed,I'm 55 now. Not sure which model to get,love a Thruxton for shortish fun rides,T100 for a more relaxed ride,a Tiger for touring and these crappy roads.

I've passed these new prices onto a few friends,hopefully they will bite as well.

Wish I had the money for all 3 :-(

Agreed,I'm 55 now. Not sure which model to get,love a Thruxton for shortish rides,T100 for a more relaxed ride,a Tiger for touring and these crappy roads.

I've passed these new prices onto a few friends,hopefully they will bite as well.

Wish I had the money for all 3 :-(

Looks like the Thruxton would have sharper steering, but what else would it offer over the T100?

Archived