Prayut blows his top when asked about father's land sale

webfact

It's like Yingluck's meeting with land developers

Exactly the same. There was no investigation of that meeting (there should have been).

Unless someone can point out issues with the land deal,

Very hard to point out anything when there can be no investigation and the PM shuts down all questioning.

Again, I ask, why all this defense for the general? Is he you friend? You sure are ready to accept more than I on faith alone; since you don't have any more information than the rest of us. I have zero faith in any Thai leader and that even includes Abhisit whom everyone said wasn't corrupt. It must be nice to be so trusting.

What more information do you want from him about the land deal? Asking the same questions won't get different answers. Anyone with knowledge on the value of the land should know whether the price was right or not. The current owners should be registered at the land office. Even when he or his family bought it should be registered at the land office. INVESTIGATE.

I am not defending the general. I am not saying there wasn't some involvement in corruption with how he got his money.

I am saying stop wasting time asking the wrong questions.

Who will investigate. The agencies responsible have either been disbanded or put under the control of compliant yes men and laws have been changed to make it virtually impossible to take any action anyway - sounds awfully familiar..........

Isara News Agency has investigated and even posted all documents relating to the transaction who bought, who sold, and prices paid, taxes paid, etc. Nothing was suspicious about the sale. People are just making a big deal because the General as anger management problems. The only thing thats questionable are the money he declared under his assets like the other poster "whybother" said.

Probably can't post the link here but just search "Isara News Agency Prayuth 600 million baht" and you will find several articles translating the original from thai to english.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like Yingluck's meeting with land developers

Exactly the same. There was no investigation of that meeting (there should have been).

Unless someone can point out issues with the land deal,

Very hard to point out anything when there can be no investigation and the PM shuts down all questioning.

Again, I ask, why all this defense for the general? Is he you friend? You sure are ready to accept more than I on faith alone; since you don't have any more information than the rest of us. I have zero faith in any Thai leader and that even includes Abhisit whom everyone said wasn't corrupt. It must be nice to be so trusting.

What more information do you want from him about the land deal? Asking the same questions won't get different answers. Anyone with knowledge on the value of the land should know whether the price was right or not. The current owners should be registered at the land office. Even when he or his family bought it should be registered at the land office. INVESTIGATE.

I am not defending the general. I am not saying there wasn't some involvement in corruption with how he got his money.

I am saying stop wasting time asking the wrong questions.

Who will investigate. The agencies responsible have either been disbanded or put under the control of compliant yes men and laws have been changed to make it virtually impossible to take any action anyway - sounds awfully familiar..........

Isara News Agency has investigated and even posted all documents relating to the transaction who bought, who sold, and prices paid, taxes paid, etc. Nothing was suspicious about the sale. People are just making a big deal because the General as anger management problems. The only thing thats questionable are the money he declared under his assets like the other poster "whybother" said.

Probably can't post the link here but just search "Isara News Agency Prayuth 600 million baht" and you will find several articles translating the original from thai to english.

Why do you care for the general so much that you keep 'explaining' for him?

So why would the proceeds from his fathers land sale go in to Prayuth's account and not his own account?

Or why would the father transfer land to Prayuth if it actually belonged to all other sibblings? Even in Thailand they have shared accounts and there are ways to transfer a big plot of land to several people.

Does your father transfer land meant for your sister in to your name?

Payments for jointly owned land doesn't always go into a jointly owned account or get split by the buyer into the different party's accounts. It will often go into a single account and get distributed from there.

"what land was transferred to Prayuth (and others)". No one has suggested it was transferred only to Prayuth.

One other question i would be interested in is where all this money went.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/NACC-unveils-Cabinet-members-assets-30246748.html

"As per the declaration, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has net assets worth Bt128 million, including 12 watches and nine guns, while his family's combined assets, including those of his father, brother and children, is Bt466 million. "

Unless the family was carrying a huge amount of debt somewhere then a very large chunk of the money from this land sale has vanished.

Don't you want to know the facts? Or do you just want to keep dealing with assumptions and rumours?

There at least two reporters who don't feel they know enough, therefore they asked questions the made the PM 'blow his top'.

If there's nothing to hide, why are you and the PM so against further investigation; including questions? You've really gone the extra mile in rebutting any negative suspicion of the general's business at every opportunity.

<deleted>. I can understand why he blew his top!! I am not against an investigation. I said earlier - INVESTIGATE.

You didn't answer what 100 miilion baht payment was being overlooked?

What questions haven't been answered? The new owners are known. The price is known. The division of the proceeds are known. He said the property has been in the family a long time. Asking that question again won't get a different answer. If you don't believe the answer, INVESTIGATE.

The family sold a piece of land. What specific information do you have that suggests that there was something wrong with the deal? Was there something wrong with the price? Was there something wrong with the buyer? Was there something wrong with the timing?

I am not "rebutting any negative suspicion of the general's business at every opportunity." I am saying, unless you know or have a suspicion of something specific about the land deal, don't focus on it. There are plenty of other issues that to have suspicion about.

There you go again; defending the PM.

I saw what was purported to be an aerial photo of the land in question and it is not so large and it is nowhere near a built up commercial area so I question how it can be worth 600 million Baht. That alone is enough for me to be suspicious.

There are plenty of other issues that to have suspicion about.

I wasn't aware of them. How about you name some of them so I can be suspicious about those things too. Also, I am quite capable of being suspicious of many things at once.

Where am I defending him???????????? As far as I can see, most of the information is there. What else do you want to know?

I haven't seen any other reports questioning the value. What is your valuation of the land? Can you link to any reports suggesting another value? It shouldn't be too hard for someone to come up with a suggested value. For a comparison, Thaksin's land case was for 33 rai at 772 million baht.

I am not defending Prayuth. I am saying focus on the right things. It is fair enough to be suspicious of the land deal, but be specific. A lot of the details are known. It basically seems above board. Not every transaction of a corrupt person is necessarily corrupt.

As I have said a number of times, where did Prayuth get 180 million baht? That is what he had excluding the land deal.

Why can't we be suspicious of all his behavior? Why do we have to pick and choose what we are suspicious of? You can type your fingers to the bone and I will still be suspicious of everything every government official in Thailand, Texas, and the US whenever they are reported on. I'm happy you're so easily satisfied with Prayut's non-answer; I'm not.

Don't you want to know the facts? Or do you just want to keep dealing with assumptions and rumours?

I want to know the facts. The PM seems, by the way he is acting, to not want me to know the facts. Until I have the facts, I will only have assumptions and rumors.

Why can't we be suspicious of all his behavior? Why do we have to pick and choose what we are suspicious of? You can type your fingers to the bone and I will still be suspicious of everything every government official in Thailand, Texas, and the US whenever they are reported on. I'm happy you're so easily satisfied with Prayut's non-answer; I'm not.

I want to know the facts. The PM seems, by the way he is acting, to not want me to know the facts. Until I have the facts, I will only have assumptions and rumors.

I am not saying there was NOTHING wrong with the land deal, I'm just saying that I can't see what is wrong with it.

Which part of the land deal are you suspicious of? What facts don't you have?

Edited by whybother

People are just making a big deal because the General as anger management problems.

Not a trait/mental disorder one would consider good for one who has taken it upon himself to set up a Reformation for his country, no? huh.png

• Like 1

I am not saying there was NOTHING wrong with the land deal, I'm just saying that I can't see what is wrong with it.

The land looks nothing like it is worth 600 million Baht. If it's not worth 600 million Baht, why would a group of very wealthy business people overpay for it and sit on it for 18 months and counting. Who, exactly are ALL the buyers and I'm not talking about nominees so each buyer should be documented as being wealthy enough to afford such a large purchase? Are some buyers hiding behind a 'dummy' corporation set up in the BVI? I'll have even more questions as more facts become known.

I still don't understand why it bothers you that I am suspicious. Just because YOU can't see what is wrong with it is not empirical evidence that it is on the up and up now, is it?

• Like 2

The land looks nothing like it is worth 600 million Baht. If it's not worth 600 million Baht, why would a group of very wealthy business people overpay for it and sit on it for 18 months and counting. Who, exactly are ALL the buyers and I'm not talking about nominees so each buyer should be documented as being wealthy enough to afford such a large purchase? Are some buyers hiding behind a 'dummy' corporation set up in the BVI? I'll have even more questions as more facts become known.

I still don't understand why it bothers you that I am suspicious. Just because YOU can't see what is wrong with it is not empirical evidence that it is on the up and up now, is it?

How do you know they have sat on it? How do you know it's overpriced?

Please read the post I was responding to. It asked what facts I don't have so, to answer your question, I DON'T know. Then again, you don't know they haven't over paid and you don't know that they have developed it. You question is moot. Why are you such a Prayut apologist? I used to think it was only Thaksin/Amsterdam that paid trolls on this forum. Now, I'm not so sure. You're doing a heck of a job allaying my suspicions LoL.

I just gave you an example of a smaller plot of land that cost more, from a number of years ago, and all you come up with is "it looks nothing like it is worth 600 million baht".

Do you have any examples that would indicate that this land was overpriced? Maybe links to something that explains why it might be overpriced that is more than "it looks nothing like ...".

IF the land is valued correctly, (which nothing indicates that it isn't ... oh ... except your "it looks nothing like ..."), what difference does it make who the new owners are?

Sure, if the land was over or under priced, who the new owners are of interest, but no one that I've seen that has some knowledge of land valuations has questioned the value of this plot.

All I'm looking for is something based on evidence.

It bothers me when people suggest that he sold it because of the inheritance tax issue (which I am not suggesting that you're doing), because that doesn't make sense. It bothers me that people question the new owners, unless they can tell me why that is an issue. Show me something that indicates it's not on the up and up. Show me examples of why you think that it is over priced.

People are just making a big deal because the General as anger management problems.

Not a trait/mental disorder one would consider good for one who has taken it upon himself to set up a Reformation for his country, no? huh.png

Maybe he should appoint a more jai yen (cool heart) individual to be PM and he can be the man behind the curtain. He really has a hard time accepting even a limited free press.

Please read the post I was responding to. It asked what facts I don't have so, to answer your question, I DON'T know. Then again, you don't know they haven't over paid and you don't know that they have developed it. You question is moot. Why are you such a Prayut apologist? I used to think it was only Thaksin/Amsterdam that paid trolls on this forum. Now, I'm not so sure. You're doing a heck of a job allaying my suspicions LoL.

As I answered before .. information on this thread comes mainly from one news source 'isra news ' another poster stated that they have posted the information on the net and it would seem have found no problem. If you or any one else finds information pertinent to this then I'm all ears but as of this time. 60 rai is 23.772 acres of which that picture looks about right ( a football "soccer" field is approximately 2 acres)

The land is in Bang bon, it looks like it's on Ekkachai road which is prime land. At 10 million baht per rai it is in-between the highest and lowest prices for land in that area.

As I said this is old news. If there were further developments I'm sure we will hear!

Maybe he should appoint a more jai yen (cool heart) individual to be PM and he can be the man behind the curtain. He really has a hard time accepting even a limited free press.

Fact is, the General has difficulty in appointing ANYONE to delegate to. In that regard I have sympathy for him. My God. What a country 'they' have built for themselves.

• Like 1

I just gave you an example of a smaller plot of land that cost more, from a number of years ago, and all you come up with is "it looks nothing like it is worth 600 million baht".

Do you have any examples that would indicate that this land was overpriced? Maybe links to something that explains why it might be overpriced that is more than "it looks nothing like ...".

IF the land is valued correctly, (which nothing indicates that it isn't ... oh ... except your "it looks nothing like ..."), what difference does it make who the new owners are?

Sure, if the land was over or under priced, who the new owners are of interest, but no one that I've seen that has some knowledge of land valuations has questioned the value of this plot.

It bothers me when people suggest that he sold it because of the inheritance tax issue (which I am not suggesting that you're doing), because that doesn't make sense. It bothers me that people question the new owners, unless they can tell me why that is an issue. Show me something that indicates it's not on the up and up. Show me examples of why you think that it is over priced.

Wow. For someone who keeps insisting he isn't defending Prayut, you sure are explaining a lot on his behalf. You come off sounding like Thaksin's lawyer defending Thaksin and Yingluck. Like I said before, you can type your fingers to the bone and you will not allay my suspicions because you could't possibly be speaking with any more knowledge than what has been reported. Why do you keep making excuses for Prayut. You are now making me suspicious of you. I don't have to defend my suspicions but the PM has to defend his unreasonable behavior in front of the press; or you could do it for himclap2.gif

The land is in Bang bon, it looks like it's on Ekkachai road which is prime land. At 10 million baht per rai it is in-between the highest and lowest prices for land in that area.

As you say, looking a the location of the land (picture) next to highway and in the vicinity of Bangkok, 10 Million a Rai is cheap, compared to the current prices of 4 million a Rai land is going for in places like Buriram and other up country locations.

Wow. For someone who keeps insisting he isn't defending Prayut, you sure are explaining a lot on his behalf. You come off sounding like Thaksin's lawyer defending Thaksin and Yingluck. Like I said before, you can type your fingers to the bone and you will not allay my suspicions because you could't possibly be speaking with any more knowledge than what has been reported. Why do you keep making excuses for Prayut. You are now making me suspicious of you. I don't have to defend my suspicions but the PM has to defend his unreasonable behavior in front of the press; or you could do it for himclap2.gif

I've already said his behaviour was unacceptable.

I am only speaking from what has been reported. Whereas you are speaking from what you are making up. Excuse me for a having a problem with that.

I am only discussing the land deal. I have not said that Prayuth has not been involved in corruption. I have questioned his assets.

All I have said is that there *appears* to be no problem with the land deal. Either find a problem or move on and question other issues, like how he got 180 million baht before the land deal.

I am only speaking from what has been reported. Whereas you are speaking from what you are making up. Excuse me for a having a problem with that.

I am only discussing the land deal. I have not said that Prayuth has not been involved in corruption. I have questioned his assets.

All I have said is that there *appears* to be no problem with the land deal. Either find a problem or move on and question other issues, like how he got 180 million baht before the land deal.

Either find a problem or move on and question other issues,

I don't have to 'move on' and you can't make me. I can, however, give up trying to talk sense with you. Good bye and have a nice day/evening/night/or morning.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

Either find a problem or move on and question other issues,

I don't have to 'move on' and you can't make me. I can, however, give up trying to talk sense with you. Good bye and have a nice day/evening/night/or morning.

Yes. You haven't been talking sense with me so far. You should give up.

Does this topic answer whether or not this man is an "elite"? Me thinks so.

Was that ever a question? Was there doubt about the answer?

His initial rhetoric suggested there was a little bit of fight in the man. Many of us did not expect the behavior of a wallflower when it comes to fighting injustice and corruption and the misdeeds of the rich and powerful. Man oh man were we wrong. Same same.

Khon dee can do no wrong....

Ha! Ha! Same old, same old! Some of you guys really thought the military stole power to get rid of corruption. I posted at the time of the coup and before that they merely wanted to restore the proceeds of corruption to the rightful owners! Thanks to Prayuth's dad for showing us how sticky fingers are still stuck in the till!!

• Like 1