License For Thai Girlfriend

Smokin Joe

The GF just bought a new Honda click yesterday and now less than 24 hours later the cops are holding her ID after she was stopped at a checkpoint and had no license. I'll take her down to pay the fine and get the ID back tomorrow and she is currently studying the test questions on an app or website in Thai that she found on her smartphone. I know where the office is and know where to get a med cert if needed.

I expect she will have to take the written test more than once but will help her with other details. Two questions that I have are:

1) Med Cert required same as for foreigners ? Common sense would say yes but that doesn't always work that way here.

2) Anything needed besides ID card ? She will go to the office serving the Pattaya area but would be registered on the housebook at her mom's house in Udon Thani. I'm wondering if she must get the license serving the area where she's registered at.

I don't expect any real progress from the first trip to the office but if she can past the written test first time I'd like her to be prepared as much as possible.

I obtained my Thai motorbike license last month................if you go to the Udon Thani forum you will see my posts.

Its not really very hard . but the thai laws about " right of way" are very .............unusual , and in the actual test ( done on computer) the diagrams are VERY small and confusing.

However , search the Thai visa site for driving test , they have examples of THE ACTUAL TEST QUESTIONS .......AND THE CORRECT ANSWERS.....

at least the answers that they want.

They might NOT seem to be the correct answer to you or me .........but T I T .

I failed the theory on first day , re did the next day.

I was told , that during practical driving test you get 3 chances.................fail one section and just re-do that bit again ( or the whole lot just for the hell of it).

IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY DRIVE/RIDE A MOTOR BIKE ............................you will pass.

The GF just bought a new Honda click yesterday and now less than 24 hours later the cops are holding her ID after she was stopped at a checkpoint and had no license

I'll take her down to pay the fine and get the ID back tomorrow and she is currently studying the test questions on an app or website in Thai that she found on her smartphone

Anything needed besides ID card ? She will go to the office serving the Pattaya area but would be registered on the housebook at her mom's house in Udon Thani. I'm wondering if she must get the license serving the area where she's registered at.

The gf bought a new Honda clcik with your money, right? The smartphone, which is a very useful utensil was bought by you, right?

Now you're acting like somebody's life would be in danger. As she's Thai and this is Thailand and she obviously lives in Pattaya, why do you underestimate her so much?

As she already looked the test questions up on her really smart phone, why can't she handle that by her own?

Please don't get me wrong, but what do you think is she telling her girls friends, guessing when from Isaan, she only knows some girls doing the same old business, where she found you.

Now you're really making a buffalo out of your own. My 15 year old son could do that alone, without my help, but you're posting a thread here and asking for advice?

As she's from Udon Thani, she can do her license there, with better chances to pass. Or she goes to the Chonburi office. We're talking about 400 baht or so now.

You take her down to the cops and pay the fine? Why? And how many other fines do you pay for her? Does she have health problems that she needs help to get there?

If you really think that "being so helpful" makes you to a good guy, you might find out that you're exactly doing the opposite.

Don't you think the Transport department also have all information in Thai?

She's old enough to ride a bike, but can't go to the cops alone? Or do you not trust her, that she'd pay the cops and buy something else?

Do you really believe that she doesn't know where to get a medical in her own country?

Life's one of the strangest things on this planet.

I'm pretty sure that you'll continue posting new threads. One of them might be how much Sin Sod,etc...

Best of luck. love's such a nice thing.wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Went today at 1400 and the GF was told no problem to get a license with an out of area address on her ID. Said to come back at 0900.

Some local guy (not someone who worked there) told her they only take 30 people a day.

Yes they only take a limited number per day once all the numbers are handed out the rest are told to come back next day.

May be better for her to go earlier.

The GF just bought a new Honda click yesterday and now less than 24 hours later the cops are holding her ID after she was stopped at a checkpoint and had no license

I'll take her down to pay the fine and get the ID back tomorrow and she is currently studying the test questions on an app or website in Thai that she found on her smartphone

Anything needed besides ID card ? She will go to the office serving the Pattaya area but would be registered on the housebook at her mom's house in Udon Thani. I'm wondering if she must get the license serving the area where she's registered at.

The gf bought a new Honda clcik with your money, right? The smartphone, which is a very useful utensil was bought by you, right?

Now you're acting like somebody's life would be in danger. As she's Thai and this is Thailand and she obviously lives in Pattaya, why do you underestimate her so much?

As she already looked the test questions up on her really smart phone, why can't she handle that by her own?

Please don't get me wrong, but what do you think is she telling her girls friends, guessing when from Isaan, she only knows some girls doing the same old business, where she found you.

Now you're really making a buffalo out of your own. My 15 year old son could do that alone, without my help, but you're posting a thread here and asking for advice?

As she's from Udon Thani, she can do her license there, with better chances to pass. Or she goes to the Chonburi office. We're talking about 400 baht or so now.

You take her down to the cops and pay the fine? Why? And how many other fines do you pay for her? Does she have health problems that she needs help to get there?

If you really think that "being so helpful" makes you to a good guy, you might find out that you're exactly doing the opposite.

Don't you think the Transport department also have all information in Thai?

She's old enough to ride a bike, but can't go to the cops alone? Or do you not trust her, that she'd pay the cops and buy something else?

Do you really believe that she doesn't know where to get a medical in her own country?

Life's one of the strangest things on this planet.

I'm pretty sure that you'll continue posting new threads. One of them might be how much Sin Sod,etc...

Best of luck. love's such a nice thing.wai2.gif

Almost everything you assumed is wrong. What a bitter, hateful person you seem to be.

FYI, on the 20th of Nov she got her queue number to come back on 25 Dec. So getting a license with an out of area ID is no problem but there is quite a backlog now. This is for folks with no license that have to do the complete.