Exchange rate at Swampy Airport

Gee1

I travel from UK to Thailand. Don't change any cash in UK the rate is always much better in Thailand especially don't change at LHR.

I've found the rate at BKK airport fine to change a small amount for immediate use like taxi etc. but I think it's a little better in town where you can shop around a bit. Take a look at Bangkok Post online the bank rates are there.

Edited by ToneG
  • Like 2

http://www.ktb.co.th/ktb/en/rates.aspx is another major Thai bank, that lists current exchange rates at 50.43 baht to the GB Pound.

As expected.... A typical UK bank is currently offering 46.95 baht - According to their little calculator.

yes and it will be even worse at London Heathrow. It's a rip off there for all currency exchange.

Edited by ToneG

If you descend down to the Airport Rail Link floor, you will find Kasikorn Bank Exchange booth that has same rate as the city rates. If you walked towards the Express Rail side, you will find SuperRich Thailand and another Exchange Booth the name of which has escaped me...that will have a better rate. But remember, these booths are not 24 hours.

Edit: SuperRich web and airport booth address.

Rate...super rich, click on 'sub branch' http://www.superrich1965.com/

http://www.superrich1965.com/location.php

Airport Rail Link Suvarnabhumi Station (Buy & Sell)

Address :Booth No. SVB RC29. Bangna-Trad Rd., Rachathewa Sub_Dist, Bangplee Dist, Samut Prakarn.

We are on Basement, near ARL Express Line.

Open : Day : Monday - Sunday

10.00 am - 8.00 pm.

Edited by BuddhistVirus
  • Like 2

Never change prior to arrival anywhere (except into Eros ...maybe!). rates here from Pounds is pretty much the same anywhere in Thailand. Though some banks will charge you a bit more for the service... but in the end that will not be much at all. talk to your bank there or credit card people and see if they charge you a foreign use service charge first. Fro I have found that ATMs here are good to pull Thai Baht from at rather good enough rates. There are apps that you can get and sites that will give you up to the minute exchange rates, but remember that these posted rates are different than what the banks or exchange places will give you. Personally, I prefer banks over the currency exchange places. But that is just me... and deal in US Dollars.

If you descend down to the Airport Rail Link floor, you will find Kasikorn Bank Exchange booth that has same rate as the city rates. If you walked towards the Express Rail side, you will find SuperRich Thailand and another Exchange Booth the name of which has escaped me...that will have a better rate. But remember, these booths are not 24 hours.

Edit: SuperRich web and airport booth address.

Rate...super rich, click on 'sub branch' http://www.superrich1965.com/

http://www.superrich1965.com/location.php

Airport Rail Link Suvarnabhumi Station (Buy & Sell)

Address :Booth No. SVB RC29. Bangna-Trad Rd., Rachathewa Sub_Dist, Bangplee Dist, Samut Prakarn.

We are on Basement, near ARL Express Line.

Open : Day : Monday - Sunday

10.00 am - 8.00 pm.

Super rich is good rate

Best thing is to get a low fee ATM card. They have very good exchange rates and you'll not have to worry about finding a good money exchanger. ATMs are everywhere here in Thailand.

I normally hit the ATM at the airport just after arrival.

Not hard to find a money exchanger at all. Why pay a fee with atm card?

Never change prior to arrival anywhere (except into Eros ...maybe!). rates here from Pounds is pretty much the same anywhere in Thailand. Though some banks will charge you a bit more for the service... but in the end that will not be much at all. talk to your bank there or credit card people and see if they charge you a foreign use service charge first. Fro I have found that ATMs here are good to pull Thai Baht from at rather good enough rates. There are apps that you can get and sites that will give you up to the minute exchange rates, but remember that these posted rates are different than what the banks or exchange places will give you. Personally, I prefer banks over the currency exchange places. But that is just me... and deal in US Dollars.

Why deal in US dollars unless you are American? If not American you will be exchanging money twice and paying twice for the privilege.

• Like 1

The BKK airport exchange booth rates are always worse than the rates that you will get in the city in my experience. 2 to 5 percent worse.

And this is true for most currencies.

Several Siam commercial bank exchange booths at BKK airport. They give lower rates at airport than at their city branches.

I was pleasantly surprised on my first trip to Thailand, coming from places where the airport exchange kiosks bent me over the table.

The rate at the BKK airport was within a few percent of the rate downtown. No major league hose jobs here.

If I had just spent a wad of cash to get to Thailand on holiday, I wouldn't spend any of my holiday time at all looking for a better rate. It's just not that much different.

If you absolutely insist on getting the best rate for your exchange, lots of good advice above. If you just don't want to get taken for a ride, just about any exchange kiosk in the airport is fine. No surprise service fees, no wondering "where's the rest?" You won't be kicking yourself, nor feeling violated later.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

It is so much fun watching dopes chase a half Baht or less difference and on only 30000 THB about anyway. Walk a mile for a stang.

£2000.00 holiday spending money. As much as 4 baht difference between UK and BKK rates I'd say just to wait till you get to Thailand and change

is worth it for 8K. Not much need to shop around too much just don't change any money at home.

Why deal in US dollars unless you are American? If not American you will be exchanging money twice and paying twice for the privilege.

I meant to say that I deal in Dollars. Not that everyone should. So my mistake.