Phuket Dolphinarium

hansgruber

A post has been removed. Please do not discuss an individuals legal issues on this forum.

This topic is going to be watched closely and any more discussion of legal issues will lead to the thread being locked.

Thank you.

A post has been removed. Please do not discuss an individuals legal issues on this forum.

This topic is going to be watched closely and any more discussion of legal issues will lead to the thread being locked.

Thank you.

I did not write the deleted post, in fact, I didn't even get a chance to read it.

I am not questioning moderation, but will state there is currently a 21 page thread running about Alan Morison, most of which discusses his "legal issues" (defamation charges/deportation/passports/blacklisted etc etc) which leaves me a little confused by your post.

Thank you.

I did not write the deleted post, in fact, I didn't even get a chance to read it.

I am not questioning moderation, but will state there is currently a 21 page thread running about Alan Morison, most of which discusses his "legal issues" (defamation charges/deportation/passports/blacklisted etc etc) which leaves me a little confused by your post.

I don't know who you are or what the hell you're on about. But I can confirm that yes, this is your first post on this thread and you did not write the post I removed.

I removed a post following a complaint from someone else that this thread was likely to get personal about him and his legal issues. Personally, I've no idea who this is either.

Thank you.

I don't know who you are or what the hell you're on about. But I can confirm that yes, this is your first post on this thread and you did not write the post I removed.

I removed a post following a complaint from someone else that this thread was likely to get personal about him and his legal issues. Personally, I've no idea who this is either.

NKM is "on" about this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/690370-australian-journalist-alan-morison-accused-of-defaming-thailands-navy/

Same, same but different?

Thank you.

NKM is "on" about this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/690370-australian-journalist-alan-morison-accused-of-defaming-thailands-navy/

Same, same but different?

Thank you.

Let's stick to talking about Dolphins.

The chap who contacted me was concerned this thread was going to end up being about him.

I feel I should start by saying I neither wrote nor read the deleted post.

This thread is, quite reasonably, asking about the current situation with a contentious dolphinarium which being built on the Island. Many here have an interest and some have strong feelings about it's existence,

If an individual was named in a post and that person asked for the post to be deleted, it is quite reasonable for that post and any others in the same vein to go.

No need to delete the whole thread.

Does any one know if the project is still going ahead?

This thread is, quite reasonably, asking about the current situation with a contentious dolphinarium which being built on the Island. Many here have an interest and some have strong feelings about it's existence,

If an individual was named in a post and that person asked for the post to be deleted, it is quite reasonable for that post and any others in the same vein to go.

I wrote the deleted post and it didn't name anyone at all. I alluded to the group who were advocating against it.

Someone who is obviously paranoid thinks anything about the dolphinarium relates to him.

The fact it's so taboo to mention anything related to it seems to be deleted.

I find it weird because the group were so high profile before and now fallen silent and want low profile.

I just want to know why.

I wrote the deleted post and it didn't name anyone at all. I alluded to the group who were advocating against it.

Someone who is obviously paranoid thinks anything about the dolphinarium relates to him.

The fact it's so taboo to mention anything related to it seems to be deleted.

I find it weird because the group were so high profile before and now fallen silent and want low profile.

I just want to know why.

We know why it's all quiet, the louder the more opposition, the quieter the easier to be sure the correct envelopes are filled and tour agency sales done.

Hopefully the dolphins do the stands elephant mahout stomp.

There was an interview on the radio today by Jason Wilder with a lady from some group against the <deleted>#$ed up idea (IMO) of the dolphin show, all i caught was these's a screening of "The Cove" somewhere in the next few days, may have been Central but I'm not to sure.

Just saw this:

PHUKET Registration is building for the American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) in Thailand's special forum focusing on the future of Phuket’s marine tourism industry, to be held tomorrow evening (November 21 @ Outrigger).

Special guest speaker Ric O’Barry, from ‘The Dolphin Project’ and the award-winning documentary The Cove, will express his views on the current situation with Phuket’s proposed dolphinariums. He will explain the consequences to Phuket’s tourism industry; where the wild dolphins come from and what can be done as a community to help these captured animals be returned to the wild.

SInce when are questions over moderation allowed in the forum? I got a ban......

Animal welfare in Thailand is an oxymoron, as too are the people that fill these places then complain over the animal welfare!

<deleted> just don't go!

I clearly stated I was not questioning moderation.

I made a statement that there was currently a 21 page thread on Alan Morison's "legal issues" and that I was "confused" by the removal of a post, a post I did not write myself, nor read, as it was simply about another individual's "legal issues."

Can everyone please stay on-topic and stop bickering! Jeez....

I also think that this project has gone 'quiet', as regards news reports etc. And I also think that it will get all necessary approvals and will be a very popular tourist attraction for the majority of foreign tourists ==> Russian, Chinese etc.

• 1 month later...

I read that it's been delayed due to the water temps and pH levels not suitable for the dolphinarium. Also too hot for patrons apparently.

They have no more land to rectify these problems of needing more pools.

I see this place going the way of Phuket stunt show.

I read that it's been delayed due to the water temps and pH levels not suitable for the dolphinarium. Also too hot for patrons apparently.

I hope so, but I'm not convinced yet.

They will have to merge with the zoo. They have no other choice if they need holding pools and filtration systems.

They will have to merge with the zoo. They have no รother choice if they need holding pools and filtration systems.

Looks like another poorly thought out business, like the stunt show/Octoberfest/ take your pick. Let's all hope no dolphins eVer arrive here.

With regards to who will view the show...The Chinese will fill the void the Russian tourists wil leave behind.

And the Zoo will never merge with the dolphin show. There are 3 Thai men that own the zoo and they are constantly bickering. Thats why there is no upkeep. The most reasonable partner owns the Phuket Botanical Gardens, thats actually quite a nice venue.

With regards to who will view the show...The Chinese will fill the void the Russian tourists wil leave behind.

And the Zoo will never merge with the dolphin show. There are 3 Thai men that own the zoo and they are constantly bickering. Thats why there is no upkeep. The most reasonable partner owns the Phuket Botanical Gardens, thats actually quite a nice venue.

I don't think it will open at all. Not under the current owner.

The land the dolphinarium is on is small and the main building takes up 70% of it with the remaining 30% is the parking lot.

Where will they build the holding pools and the filtration to support it?

No land behind it available, the zoo is on the left of it and some new town shops to the right.

If it does ever open it won't be with this investor.

I feel the zoo might end up with a cheap acquisition in the near future.

Archived