Phuket Dolphinarium

hansgruber

The protesters have well and truly been silenced. Ive seen nothing in the media for months. Some locals must be weilding a damn big stick

Or maybe the ruble crash has put the kibosh on the project.

And the protesters are silently rejoicing about this?blink.png

Silent on all fronts.

Where is all the activists now?

It wasn't a one man show voicing concerns.

So much for moral conviction toward a cause. Silencing that group was too easy.

Post removed ...

Forum rule 10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

• 2 weeks later...

The protesters have well and truly been silenced. Ive seen nothing in the media for months. Some locals must be weilding a damn big stick

Or maybe the ruble crash has put the kibosh on the project.

And the protesters are silently rejoicing about this?blink.png

Silent on all fronts.

Bump.

Silent on all fronts.

Has there been new development on the project? I thought the current situation is that the project is not going forward.

So, are you saying, the new development is no development?

• 1 month later...

Meet the prisoners is a little dramatic. Weren't these Dolphins saved from being culled anyway? I mean if you cared for the dolphins it's a better alternative to being dead.

"it's a better alternative to being dead" - that would depend on what torture methods they use in training them.

Meet the prisoners is a little dramatic. Weren't these Dolphins saved from being culled anyway? I mean if you cared for the dolphins it's a better alternative to being dead.

"it's a better alternative to being dead" - that would depend on what torture methods they use in training them.

Cull the Dolphins in Japan and people are outraged or save them for dolphinariums and people are outraged. Nothing will quench this thirst for outrage.

Cull the Dolphins in Japan and people are outraged or save them for dolphinariums and people are outraged. Nothing will quench this thirst for outrage.

Leave these intelligent creatures to live in their natural habitat might do it..

Shocking I know..

Leave these intelligent creatures to live in their natural habitat might do it..

Shocking I know..

That is never going to happen.

They cull them yearly in Japan, where these wild caught dolphins were taken from.

Why don't people just be happy some are rescued, regardless if they are trained to entertain.

The outrage should be directed at the Japanese, not the rescuers who are giving them a better alternative to death.

Wasted effort attacking the dolphinarium.

• 7 months later...

I just read a report in the Phuketwan that the Department of Fisheries has approved the import permit for the Dolphins.

Very sad news ...

Depends how you look at it.

They would end up on a plate in japan if not taken into captivity.

Millions are caught in fishing nets each year and not one bit of public outcry.

I just read a report in the Phuketwan that the Department of Fisheries has approved the import permit for the Dolphins.

Very sad news ...

Not one bit of public outcry? It's been a conservation topic for years, hence dolphin-friendly tuna.

Very sad news ...

Not one bit of public outcry? It's been a conservation topic for years, hence dolphin-friendly tuna.
Yeah true so why arent these dolphins considered saved when being put into captivity? Better alive than being eaten or just killed in pursuit of other prized fish.

I dont see why people are so against the dolphin show. Little too much time on peoples hands i think.

Rescuing a soi dog is so 2000's and worn out so time to meddle in something else.

Very sad news ...

Yeah true so why arent these dolphins considered saved when being put into captivity? Better alive than being eaten or just killed in pursuit of other prized fish.

I dont see why people are so against the dolphin show. Little too much time on peoples hands i think.

Rescuing a soi dog is so 2000's and worn out so time to meddle in something else.

Jeez this is incredibly faulty logic..

Its not 'saved from being culled' or 'saved from a fishing net' and put into captivity.. Its put into captivity AS WELL AS the ones killed in fishing nets or being culled in japan.

The entire logic of the posts that the dolphins 'saved' for captivity come from the same potential stock who are culled (and dont end up on plates, its mostly a cultural thing not a food thing) is just false equivalency.

Its entirely possible to not want a dolphinarium, AND not want them to be culled in Japan.. This isnt an either or choice..

Very sad news ...

It's one thing for an animal to be killed quickly, and humanly, after all, most of us will sit down tonight and eat an animal that was, hopefully, killed in such a way.

It's an entirely different thing to keep an animal in captivity for years, and continually torture the animal so it will perform, thus making money for its owner.

Western countries have Government agencies to inspect the animals, and ensure their wellbeing. In Thailand, the animals are just abused and exploited, until their death.

Archived