Police to defend against torture allegation before NHRC

Lite Beer

Police to defend against torture allegation before NHRC

11-20-2014-7-24-06-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Police Office will fully cooperate with the National Human Rights Commission in the latter’s investigation into an allegation of police torture to extract confession from two suspe cts in the Koh Tao murder case.

Pol Lt-Gen Prawuth Thavornsiri, spokesman of the NPO, said today that Pol Maj-Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk, depty commissioner of Metropolitan Police Bureau will show up before the NHRC’s sub-committee to explain to the panel regarding police treatment of the two suspects during their interrogation.

He said that since the probe panel let the police to choose to give the explanation on November 24 or December 29, the police decided to opt for December 29.

The spokesman insisted that previously the NPO was not officially notified to explain to the panel and did not do so. However, he assured that the police are fully cooperative with the NHRC.

The two suspects are foreign migrant workers from Myanmar. They are being held in Koh Samui pending trial.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-defend-torture-allegation-nhrc

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-20

What a load of BS. Not officially notified! I do remember a few weeks back the NHRC told the police to go.there and explain... then there is the news about how they failed to show many times.

I guess they feel that they can justify how they obtained their confession now.

• Like 2

>He said that since the probe panel let the police to choose to give the explanation on November 24 or December 29, the police decided to opt for December 29.< Quote

Gives them another 5 weeks to cook up a story!!

And will probably be after the trial of the B2, which means any torture allegations will be "forgotten"

"Torture, Oh no!!"

It is according to international interogation-standards to douse the suspects in petrol and threaten to set them alight!!

In this case they should remove the "R" in the RTP!! Whilst at it remove the "P" aswell!!

And why is a officer from the Metropolitan Police Bureau going to answer to the NHRC and not the guys, who actually were in charge of the interogation??

Big wai's all around and nothing is going to happen!!

Edited by JOC
  • Like 1

>He said that since the probe panel let the police to choose to give the explanation on November 24 or December 29, the police decided to opt for December 29.< Quote

Gives them another 5 weeks to cook up a story!!

And will probably be after the trial of the B2, which means any torture allegations will be "forgotten"

yes it will take 5 weeks because of many games of fiddlesticks will be needed to find the last man holding the hot patatoe!!

Officially notified? When will someone stand up and not put up with this dribble?

I was hoping this was the type of change that most Thais were after, I try not to bash this place or the people, but why doesn't anyone care?

"When will someone stand up and not put up with this dribble?"

When will people like you stop posting "dribble"(what?). It's just pure drivel.

Edited by Sviss Geez
  • Like 1

Officially notified? When will someone stand up and not put up with this dribble?

I was hoping this was the type of change that most Thais were after, I try not to bash this place or the people, but why doesn't anyone care?

When someone can be detained for months without a official charge when obviously there are plenty of holes in the case. In the same country someone of a different standing can get sentenced to life in prison and be allowed to go home on bail?

Yeah I think I will keep dribbling, someone should!

• Like 2

"The spokesman insisted that previously the NPO was not officially notified to explain to the panel and did not do so." wai2.gif wai.gif

Those 4 summons must have been buried under the paperwork that hasn't been, oops! sorry!, Has been submitted to the procecutors 4 times. (And rejected)

"..choose to give the explanation on November 24 or December 29, the police decided to opt for December 29"

(Let's get through the High-Season first. Don't want to raise any eyebrows...)

Whatta surprise...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Wait a minute, wasn't everything Perfect? blink.png

Edited by iReason

@Sviss Geez. Have you ever considered contributing anything to the thread-topic (any thread) instead of your cheap shots at other posters??

Gets a little boooooring!!coffee1.gif

Classic traits of a Troll.

I don't know why anyone bothers to respond to it.

I blocked the gnat long ago...

thumbsup.gif

Edited by iReason

What's the point of this exercise anyway?

The RTP will say "No we never tortured them".

The NHRC will say "Thank you for clarifying".

Prayut will say "See, I told you so".

We will all say "Liars"

Waste of time and energy.

I'm sticking with the cup half full attitude at the moment thanks DLock.

Posters here may want to look at it from another angle,

There is an increase in pressure on the police in this case,

It is coming from many directions now

right on cue, would be something from Burma next.

it's too bad no oe has anonymously posted any damning photos of the bar that night,

an utter shame that the friends of the raped and murdered have not found their way to "social media"

yes of course they will not allow the actual interrogators attend as they well let the cat out of the bag by letting the truth slip, they are using all the time possible instead to get their story straight and sending in someone versed in using innuendo and lies to dimiss all the allegations against them. This is turning into a first class clown act, the rtp are more crooked than a dogs hind leg

But nothing "R" in RTP.