Overstay advice needed.

I was preparing to get a new tourist visa when I noticed I should have applied for an extension Oct 31. My vision is weak and I originally saw "Exit before Nov. 30" on the visa. Only it actually said "Enter before". The only other date on the visa is the day I got it, Sep. 2. The date on the immigration stamp is somewhat illegible. The visa run agent assured me I had a 90 day visa. Either I didn't hear him right or he may have assumed I understood I needed an extension. Either way I am on a 21 day overstay now. I am also worried that because I previously had a 20000 fine for an overstay (when I thought my work permit was still good when I changed schools because my first job was through an agency and involved 5 schools on one permit) that if I head for Laos I might be refused a double entry tourist visa. My alternative would be to head for Suvarnabhumi, pay the fine there and fly home.

I am a single, 68 year old Canadian. I have 2 pages left in my passport. I don't qualify for a non-O retirement visa. I have many visa run stamps thanks to the slowness of schools. I hope to stay in Thailand until April to avoid the Canadian winter

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

You can leave pay the fine of 500 baht per day and get another tourist visa. You can then get a 2 entry tourist visa in Laos. Others have gotten them with much longer overstays than yours.

The 90 days is just the validity date on the visa or total stay if you get the 30 day extension.

The stamp you get on entry is what is important.