Raw milk (without hormones) - any ideas?

mls

I'm looking for a source or raw milk around the Pattaya area.

Did find a farm in Chonburi that sells it but they use hormones to increase yield, so negates it being raw.

I don't need a huge amount, 3-4 litres a week, so maybe a small dairy farm (or farmer) that doesn't use hormones might be prepared to sell it.

I know there are dairy cop-ops where small local farmers take their milk to be sold on (and it's tested for antibiotic residue etc), but haven't been able to track any down as yet.

Other useful info would be good quality sources of organic produce, with more veg/meat available than the few bits sold in supermarkets.

PLEASE if you respond to this do not give me lectures about the dangers of raw milk. I know what they are and it's my choice. I need information on sourcing only.

Hope someone out there can help.

The only way to guarantee this is to buy your own cows, as you will need at least 2 to ensure constant supply. Then what do you do wit the excess?

Make cheese.

There is a farangi cheesemaker on Thaivisa (username: RustBucket) who was complaining about the adulteration of local milk and the cheating when doing business here.

This could be the start of a beautiful synergy.

The OP gets his hormone-free milk.

The cheesemaker gets unadulterated milk.

The cows enjoy being owned by a farang.

Edited by Briggsy
  • Like 2

The only way to guarantee this is to buy your own cows, as you will need at least 2 to ensure constant supply. Then what do you do wit the excess?

Make cheese.

There is a farangi cheesemaker on Thaivisa (username: RustBucket) who was complaining about the adulteration of local milk and the cheating when doing business here.

This could be the start of a beautiful synergy.

The OP gets his hormone-free milk.

The cheesemaker gets unadulterated milk.

The cows enjoy being owned by a farang.

Would you be able to get the workpermit for farming cows and making cheese?

4 liters per week? you need a goat. easy to keep, yeah need 2 or more as herd animals. a milking nanny and her kid would be the thing, get the kid off the bag and milk away twice daily for months on end. need fair quality greens, a bit of oats. some pasture. forget cows. a cow will give you gallons per day.

Having purchased (illegally thanks to EU regulations I must add) milk straight from the farm back in Germany when I was in my late teens, I know the taste and never found something like that again.

I buy raw milk from the dairy in CM (opposite the zoo).

25 Bht a litre, compared to 45 bht a liter for ChokChai/Meiji pasteurized.

Minimum purchase 5l.

Pointless getting anything else.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the ideas so far guys. Would happily have a couple of cows or goats but don't have the land to graze them and not sure they'd be too happy in our garden with the dogs. Not really enough space or grass for that matter.

I had heard there was raw milk available in Chiang Mai, but it's a bit far...

Goats milk is good but I'm really after cow's.

Having purchased (illegally thanks to EU regulations I must add) milk straight from the farm back in Germany when I was in my late teens, I know the taste and never found something like that again.

Agreed! I worked on a dairy farm on a kibbutz when I was a lot younger - drinking the milk direct from the chiller before it was transported was a different World to supermarket milk

• Like 2

Our experience with raw milk (in Canada) is that it spoils more quickly than pasteurised in the fridge, particularly in our hot climate. The 5L minimum may work for a family but is far too much for a couple before it spoils. Nothing like raw milk, though!

Yes it will spoil more quickly because of the higher beneficial bacteria content that is cooked out of pasteurised milk.

But it's not a problem to freeze milk, that's how I keep mine normally to save constant runs into town.

It's only for me to make kefir and yoghurt so would be freezing and using as needed.

• Like 1

every year here in American I google raw dairy sickness's and I usually come up with a few to a dozen cases were campholbacter or what ever the dairy virus is called trust me is something u don't want to pick up. it lays many people out for like 6 months.

just eat yogurt or get yourself some kefir aka Russian yogurt milk, the original way indigenous coultures cunsmed dairy was fermented aka cultured, the cultures (bacteria /shit) eat the bad shit and leave u with pro biotics, aka life promoting biology I your gut.

raw fat is were its at, and health raw dairy is medicine im sure of it but its not worth the risk, just google raw dairy sickness's in 2013/13/14,

as milk drinking people if we didn't pasturize are dairy each one of us would have already learned why u do in a most brutal lesson of ill health even death...

every year here in American I google raw dairy sickness's and I usually come up with a few to a dozen cases were campholbacter or what ever the dairy virus is called trust me is something u don't want to pick up. it lays many people out for like 6 months.

just eat yogurt or get yourself some kefir aka Russian yogurt milk, the original way indigenous coultures cunsmed dairy was fermented aka cultured, the cultures (bacteria /shit) eat the bad shit and leave u with pro biotics, aka life promoting biology I your gut.

raw fat is were its at, and health raw dairy is medicine im sure of it but its not worth the risk, just google raw dairy sickness's in 2013/13/14,

as milk drinking people if we didn't pasturize are dairy each one of us would have already learned why u do in a most brutal lesson of ill health even death...

The whole point of getting raw milk is to make yoghurt and kefir which is much higher in beneficial bacteria when made with raw milk. Store bought kefir and yoghurt are all made from pasteurised milk and not organic. I won't be drinking the milk unfermented.

There is always a chance of picking up some nasty bacteria from anything we eat which is why I am trying to replenish my gut with the good bacteria which can then fight off the bad. Not easy trying to find unadulterated fresh food in Thailand.

When I find any good local sources of anything I will share too.

The US has a population of 300+ million and there might be a dozen cases of campylobacter! Yanqs are afraid to leave their own yards! I'll take my chances for the sublime pleasure of drinking unpasteurised, unhomogenised, raw milk. Nothing like skimming that cream for your coffee!

• Like 2

The US has a population of 300+ million and there might be a dozen cases of campylobacter! Yanqs are afraid to leave their own yards! I'll take my chances for the sublime pleasure of drinking unpasteurised, unhomogenised, raw milk. Nothing like skimming that cream for your coffee!

its true and only one egg in 330000 has samonoila, but I caught it last year and I guess my number came up from eating raw egg yolks, pukeing all day and not being able to do much else, didn't really worry me as im strong and I knew it would be gone in a day but I just don't have 6 months to have aches n pains all over my body from cow tit juice not heated properly.

if u want great gut medicine, just take primal defense , its the best probiotic out there.

but I also do think that raw dairy can be boiled and processed better then pasteurization along with skimming all the denatured proteins from the heating process away with a spoon as they curdle, but im not aware of the temp or duration to kill the virus's as of now.

eggs are simply u boil them in water for 6 minutes, the yolk is still fresh n slightly runny but the samonelia is de natured quite easily.

But 99.9999% of the milk consumed is pasteurised.

Its quite a risk. Ecoli and other bugs can be present.

my life is too valuable to me to waste on cow tit disease, its why its illegeal to sell it in the usa, u have to lease a cow via a ''cow share'', this is the truth ive looked into it, unless its your cow you cant really buy it as nobody will take responsibility for what happens to you, u can blame the feds n the states for this law, they don't want to pay for your morning bowl of cereal taking you out of being able to work for a whole season.

my life is too valuable to me to waste on cow tit disease, its why its illegeal to sell it in the usa, u have to lease a cow via a ''cow share'', this is the truth ive looked into it, unless its your cow you cant really buy it as nobody will take responsibility for what happens to you, u can blame the feds n the states for this law, they don't want to pay for your morning bowl of cereal taking you out of being able to work for a whole season.

Excessive legislation in our home countries is very strange.

In the past people managed to live without these rules and survive.

Currently all meat is injected with hormones and antibiotics.

All plants are genetically modified and soaked in insecticides.

Everyone is forced to eat what the governments want, yet get allergies and autism when young, diabetes when middle aged and dementia when old.

Makes you wonder?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Not sure where my post from last night went, but anyways, let's post it again...

I met a friend of mine near Sri Racha yesterday and mentioned this. He said that the university in Bang Pra has an agricultural faculty and they breed cows. The milk they sell off, how this exactly works he didn't know, but there's a lead!

• Like 1