Raw milk (without hormones) - any ideas?

mls

Quite frankly, the only people who should be drinking cow's milk are baby cows.

The paradox of milk is although it contains calcium, the more milk you drink, the more brittle and ridden with holes (osteoporosis) your bones become.

Check it out---the countries with the highest consumption of dairy products have the highest rates of osteoporosis.

The paradox of milk is although it contains calcium, the more milk you drink, the more brittle and ridden with holes (osteoporosis) your bones become.

Check it out---the countries with the highest consumption of dairy products have the highest rates of osteoporosis.

The only people who should be eating grain, are those with the teeth to grind it themselves,

The only people who should be eating fish, are those who can catch them with their bare hands,

The only people who should eat meat, are those who can run fast enough to catch the animals.

So we've ruled out meat, fish, fowl, eggs, grain, milk and all it's derivatives.

Not much left for the nutjobs to eat, is there?

• Thanks 1

the scandies have very high rates of osteoporosis due to fortifying there dairy products with way to much vitamin a.

the missing ingredient in bone building is k2.

and not all meats are factory farms, one can eat only wild salmon and be hormone free though possibally rich in fukishima radiation.

I think the raw dairy turned into raw yogurt or kefir is brilliant, id try some of that, id stack the odds in my favour, much less risk if u culture it before you consume it of getting sick..........

in bkk there is a big veggie monk led movement called ''son tee as soo'' that's how u say the guys name, my thai friend I met in the usa took me to a grocery/co op related to it in bkk when I visited years back, my guess is they would certainly know how to help you if you could get in touch. or even mai kai dee's vegetarian resturnt just over the street at the end of kal son rd in bkk, ask those people as well im sure they know.

and isn't there a rawfood café in pattaya, my friend told me there has been for years, locating this golden calf shoudnt be to hard.

• Like 1

the scandies have very high rates of osteoporosis due to fortifying there dairy products with way to much vitamin a.

the missing ingredient in bone building is k2.

and not all meats are factory farms, one can eat only wild salmon and be hormone free though possibally rich in fukishima radiation.

I think the raw dairy turned into raw yogurt or kefir is brilliant, id try some of that, id stack the odds in my favour, much less risk if u culture it before you consume it of getting sick..........

in bkk there is a big veggie monk led movement called ''son tee as soo'' that's how u say the guys name, my thai friend I met in the usa took me to a grocery/co op related to it in bkk when I visited years back, my guess is they would certainly know how to help you if you could get in touch. or even mai kai dee's vegetarian resturnt just over the street at the end of kal son rd in bkk, ask those people as well im sure they know.

and isn't there a rawfood café in pattaya, my friend told me there has been for years, locating this golden calf shoudnt be to hard.

"son tee as soo" is I assume Santi Asoke who run Chamlong's Asoke Vegetarian Restaurant by Chatuchak Market

Not sure where my post from last night went, but anyways, let's post it again...

I met a friend of mine near Sri Racha yesterday and mentioned this. He said that the university in Bang Pra has an agricultural faculty and they breed cows. The milk they sell off, how this exactly works he didn't know, but there's a lead!

Thanks for that info. Will definitely check it out.

So, it doesn't look like there's much relevant information in and around Pats does it! Only a couple of real suggestions...

For those of you who obviously didn't read my original post, where I asked specifically for no comments on the dangers of raw milk, as I know what they are, there are now many dairies in the UK and the US who supply raw milk, legally as far as I can make out. It isn't as difficult to get as it used to be, though there are a lot of large corporations trying to shut it down, just like the small organic farms. Unfortunately the huge corporations, like Monsanto, have far too much invested to allow real agriculture and husbandry to re-develop so are doing everything their money and political power can buy to stop it. Just like they're trying to stop accurate labelling on foods right now. The food industry is, like any other, about money and not about producing healthy food that will nourish the world's population and not send them to early graves with a multitude of diseases.

For those of us who don't want to eat GM/pesticide and fertiliser ridden crops, hormone and antibiotic pumped and CAFOD reared meat, that's our choice (though it's not an easy one in Thailand). I don't profess to know all the answers, but I do know that what you put in your gut affects your whole being and as I get older I realise that if I want to stay well, both physically and mentally, then I have to address that.

Anyone with more USEFUL info, please let me know.

• Like 2

Really easy to make cream cheese from raw milk.

Just leave out in a covered jug overnight.

(raw milk only keeps in the fridge for 4 days, after that it's cheese anyway)

Drain and strain off the whey (use a sticky rice bag 10bht) until it's as dry (or wet) as you like it, add a little salt (not iodised salt, sea salt) as a preservative, and to add taste.

Cream cheese yield is about 15%

1l of raw milk (25bht) = 150gm cream cheese.

Great on cream crackers!

Edited by BritManToo

Really easy to make cream cheese from raw milk.

Just leave out in a covered jug overnight.

(raw milk only keeps in the fridge for 4 days, after that it's cheese anyway)

Drain and strain off the whey (use a sticky rice bag 10bht) until it's as dry (or wet) as you like it, add a little salt (not iodised salt, sea salt) as a preservative, and to add taste.

Cream cheese yield is about 15%

1l of raw milk (25bht) = 150gm cream cheese.

Great on cream crackers!

Would be great to make and sounds delicious but I still don't know where I can get unadulterated raw milk...

My other cheese recipe for the tropics, is for hard white cheese.

2 pints of raw milk, 1/2 teaspoon of Citric acid (or lime, or distilled white vinegar but lime juice/vinegar flavour the end result, citric acid doesn't)

dissolve citric acid grains in 1/2 cup of warm water put near your hot plate.

Pour the milk in a saucepan, heat slowly on gas ring until almost boiling (loads of froth but milk not rising)

Directly the milk looks like rising, pour in the citric acid solution, stir in and turn off heat.

Spoon the white curds off the top of the whey onto muslin over a strainer.

(If the curds sink, you added too much citric acid)

mix in a bit of un-iodised salt as a flavour enhancer and preservative.

Wrap the muslin over the curds and press.

I use a plastic cup with holes drilled in the bottom, and a baked bean can standing in it with a 2l jug of water balanced on top.

2 or 3 hours later, unwrap your new hard white cheese.

Store in the fridge in a plastic bag.

The longer you keep in the fridge, the better it tastes.

You get a white cheese wheel 1/2" thick and a mug diameter. (approx 100g)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not sure where my post from last night went, but anyways, let's post it again...

I met a friend of mine near Sri Racha yesterday and mentioned this. He said that the university in Bang Pra has an agricultural faculty and they breed cows. The milk they sell off, how this exactly works he didn't know, but there's a lead!

Thanks for that info. Will definitely check it out.

Was wondering if you had any more information on the University in Bang Pra as I haven't been able to find it. Do you, or your friend, have an address for it and it's full name. Have tried Googling but no joy. Any extra info you could get would be great. Thanks.

I think this place is what you're after. A quick browse of the websita failed to disclose an agricultural extension and you probably won't get far on the phone. You should go visit them and hunt around.

Rajamangala University of Technology Tawan-ok
43 Moo 6, Bangpra
20110 Sriracha Chonburi 20110

Tel 0 3835 8137 1031
http://www.rmutto.ac.th

Edited by Rimmer
Thai Text removed as per forum rules
  • Like 1

One post discussing moderation has been removed and another using Thai Language has been edited.

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

I think this place is what you're after. A quick browse of the websita failed to disclose an agricultural extension and you probably won't get far on the phone. You should go visit them and hunt around.

Rajamangala University of Technology Tawan-ok

43 Moo 6, Bangpra

20110 Sriracha Chonburi 20110

Tel 0 3835 8137 1031

http://www.rmutto.ac.th

That's great, thanks. Will have a look and see how we get on. As my partner is Thai we might get lucky. Will let you know.

• 2 months later...

My other cheese recipe for the tropics, is for hard white cheese.

2 pints of raw milk, 1/2 teaspoon of Citric acid (or lime, or distilled white vinegar but lime juice/vinegar flavour the end result, citric acid doesn't)

dissolve citric acid grains in 1/2 cup of warm water put near your hot plate.

Pour the milk in a saucepan, heat slowly on gas ring until almost boiling (loads of froth but milk not rising)

Directly the milk looks like rising, pour in the citric acid solution, stir in and turn off heat.

Spoon the white curds off the top of the whey onto muslin over a strainer.

(If the curds sink, you added too much citric acid)

mix in a bit of un-iodised salt as a flavour enhancer and preservative.

Wrap the muslin over the curds and press.

I use a plastic cup with holes drilled in the bottom, and a baked bean can standing in it with a 2l jug of water balanced on top.

2 or 3 hours later, unwrap your new hard white cheese.

Store in the fridge in a plastic bag.

The longer you keep in the fridge, the better it tastes.

You get a white cheese wheel 1/2" thick and a mug diameter. (approx 100g)

.................................................................................................

Thanks BritManToo will give it a try sounds good.

I see the usual 'experts' here chiming in with there views on raw milk repeating the usual nonsense - raw milk involves allot of politics and we all know what happens when politics is involved with anything - there is much propaganda to view on this subject for those who watch the idiot box and read the lame stream media rubbish and believe it without a second thought.

If you want to find out the facts of what happened with raw milk over the last century around the world and why there are so many skewed/incorrect opinions on this subject read 'The Untold Story of Milk' by Dr Ron Schmid.

I have heard there are quite a few universities with agricultural departments selling raw milk - contact the one closest to you for starters.

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed
  • Like 1