I'm not a dictator, says angry Prayut

Lite Beer

Also if you think that the Taksins are the cause rather than a symptom you need to think again..... There are much bigger issues than them at stake

Yes,...but to fix it, pay attention to the corrupt, Elitist Judiciary.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the current situation is the best Thailand can have at present. Pity TV does not have more Thai members. It in main just consists of xpat rants directed towards a country that they are allowed to live in on invitation.

TV also has expats who rant at other ranting expats about ranting too much.

And then there's the Issan bird watching thread.

A post containing rather dangerous content has been removed. Posts with messed up quotes removed as well.

When is the mobile app going to be changed so that it doesn't allow more than 4 quotes ... or the browser system going to be fixed to display more than 4 quotes properly?

• Like 1

A post containing rather dangerous content has been removed. Posts with messed up quotes removed as well.

When is the mobile app going to be changed so that it doesn't allow more than 4 quotes ... or the browser system going to be fixed to display more than 4 quotes properly?

Can't be that big of an issue to count to 4 whistling.gif

Edited by Anthony5

It seems as the Military can clean up a lot.

Thailand is far out, too much Corruption and Nepotism. It will take generations to get rid of.

Not a easy way it has been in the system too long. The Thais I meet seems to find it OK with the clean up.

As a Farang I just observe and I hope they get succes, demokrati is for developed countries with a educated population and even then is is not of much value.

Many countries are better controlled by the Military.

I hope the Military is clean and can clean up the Police, from the top down.

Edited by Danbit

It seems as the Military can clean up a lot.

Thailand is far out, too much Corruption and Nepotism. It will take generations to get rid of.

Not a easy way it has been in the system too long. The Thais I meet seems to find it OK with the clean up.

As a Farang I just observe and I hope they get succes, demokrati is for developed countries with a educated population and even then is is not of much value.

Many countries are better controlled by the Military.

I hope the Military is clean and can clean up the Police, from the top down.

yeah Mr military cleaned up all the africa countries..can you see how many africa,or south america countries are corruption-free countries?

sarcasm...

• Like 1

Why don't you ask your question in Forum support desk

with a landslide victory as Thaksin / Yingluck.

yes with vote buying

Yep. I witnessed Abhisit's buddies buying votes too in Korat in 2010. 500 Thb. p/p. Common practice. At least the people get sth for it. Now they only can swallow dictates.

What were they buying votes for? A local election?

HE RESTORED LAW AND ORDER?

Tell that to the parents of David and Hanna.

Tell that to the Policeman's wife , who's husband was killed by the multi-billionare Red Bull heir

Bullsh*t

I don't see how being ratified by HM that it can be a dictatorship? What am I missing?

HE allowed his opposition party to paralyze the country

HE allowed that leader to go into the monk hood without prosecution

HE overthrew a democratically elected prime minister

HE threw away a country's constitution

HE purged the country's government of all the old political party's members

HE arrested members of opposition political party and had them sent to military camps for HIS reeducation purposes

HE has forbidden any opposition to HIS views

HE is attempting to censor and control the media

If you dont understand how this equates to being a dictator that has stolen the country of Thailand from its people, then there's not much I or anybody else can say to you

HE is a dictator. Period.

He restored Law and Order.

Without Law and Order there is no Democracy.

History teaches us to be very wary of thosevwhose main tenet is "law and order"

Hands up all those who think that Thailand is worse, more dangerous, unhappier place than it was under YL last year? If so try, to explain to yourself the reasons why. The other "D" word "Democracy was not working. It had been hijacked & corrupted. It will be re-invented next year, hopefully in a form that benefits all Thais not just the New Rich & self privileged, or the old rich & self privileged of either Central or North Thailand persuasion.

recent official warnings from uk,australia government?

Whatever Kaobang's unexplained post means

Democracy do every country good it means it is run by the people for the people

And as he does not believe in that he does more harm to the country then anybody els

He if he was true would protect democracy as he do not makes him dictator and of course gonna make the country problems same like before

I don't understand him why he thinks thais are stupid so they can not run there own country

I can say my wife learned A lot in the 7 years I been here and are more than cable of making the right decision and I know many others there can do same and I think they like to create there own future and do not need somebody to tell them but need somebody with same or similar interest to lead the country and thaksin yingluck where peable the most Thai cut relate to in trust of a better future which is why they got the most wotes and if he as a soldier has a honer in life he should respect this the most and give the Thais there rights to choose there own future no matter if sutep or he likes it or not

So he is harming the country and indeed the Thais who is very competent in running there own country

So what does he mean I can truly say I don't think he understand and this is the only major problem

The history of the last 40 years would seem to indicate the opposite to your suggestion that "Thais who is (sic) very competent in running there (sic) own country."

Democracy do every country good it means it is run by the people for the people

And as he does not believe in that he does more harm to the country then anybody els

He if he was true would protect democracy as he do not makes him dictator and of course gonna make the country problems same like before

I don't understand him why he thinks thais are stupid so they can not run there own country

I can say my wife learned A lot in the 7 years I been here and are more than cable of making the right decision and I know many others there can do same and I think they like to create there own future and do not need somebody to tell them but need somebody with same or similar interest to lead the country and thaksin yingluck where peable the most Thai cut relate to in trust of a better future which is why they got the most wotes and if he as a soldier has a honer in life he should respect this the most and give the Thais there rights to choose there own future no matter if sutep or he likes it or not

So he is harming the country and indeed the Thais who is very competent in running there own country

So what does he mean I can truly say I don't think he understand and this is the only major problem

The history of the last 40 years would seem to indicate the opposite to your suggestion that "Thais who is (sic) very competent in running there (sic) own country."

More like close to ninety years, since 1932.

This topic has been a tough one to moderate, however some posts that have gone a bit too far over the line have been removed as well as the replies. Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Some other posts baiting for off topic discussion and making personal comments on other members have been removed as well,

• Like 1

Hands up if you think YL can use her position as PM to help her family finacially and whitewash their criminal convictions?

as sad attempt to dichotomies the situation garnished with a dash of non-sequitur

Truth be told i dont have a problem at all with this. Ive seen plenty of laws passed through the house of commons on the last session of parliament that wouldnt make it through in a full house due entirely to bogus scheduling when most MPs are racing back home to begin their holidays. its the nature of the game. If a law can be passed by a party, then its a law unless there is a mechanism in the state's constitution to prevent this. And given that there are very few existing direct democracies in the world (almost all i believe are representative), then its the nature of the beast that they can push for a vote on just about anything they like as individuals (without any consideration to their constituents other than "will they vote for me again?"). So long as they can find a way to schedule it through the appropriate legislative channels and it passes the checks set up through the constitution (codified or otherwise), then its a law. I have no problems with this at all. They were elected by the people to represent them. They won the ballot. If they can rustle up the votes, they get to make new legislation. Thats what theyre elected to do.

But back to the above: were the senate to have not then blocked it (the senate of course did block it), the courts certainly would have. Thus: checks and balances. And in this case it looks like the system worked, no? The funny thing is that as the protests intensified, the amnesty bill actually would have cost PTP a HUGE amount of votes. With the funding for rice payments also around the corner at the time, it would have led to an absolute political catastrophe for PTP in their heartlands which the democrats, or parties allied to the democrats would have easily capitalised on. The tragedy is that this would have actually led to a more mature and stronger democracy. When a former entrenched area begins to split up, the campaign to retain or contest this seat becomes more focused on individual and personal self interest over ideological group identity. Further, in showing their political maturity in campaigning to hold PTP to account as well as illustrating their own capacity to govern, Thailand would be the winner. With a strong shadow government in place and holding the government of the day to account, the need for political intervention by the people is significantly reduced and indeed becomes more ridiculous.

So in answer to the question above. Yes! I agree wholeheartedly in it. And i agree with it because there is an electoral price to be paid for these acts in a democracy (whether mature, or moving toward maturity). It is an essential aspect of party led representative democracy. Political actions should have political consequences and the electorate should be allowed to make their minds up about how they view the behavior of their elected representative and the party they represent. If a party promises jam tomorrow with massive populist policies or instigates legislation that may be construed as being self-interested, then the electorate should be allowed to completely buy into it and support their representative if they like. They should be allowed to completely ignore the facts and vote on personalities instead if thats what they want. They should be allowed 100% to engage to a level they feel entirely comfortable with as an individual. Above all, even if those politicians were the worst scum of the world (within the limits of the constitution) to everyone in the country except them and their group, individuals should be entirely free to keep on voting for them for as long as they like. Because there will come a reckoning. And when it comes, that party will pay heavily at the ballot box. There will always be a reckoning. Thats what makes democracy fantastic. Its a pity that yet another power grab (by the leadership of the democrats) has once again held back the chances of the democrats to govern legitimately for another generation. Until the Democrats become a true force in Thai Democracy, Thailand will still be stuck with a dysfunctional and immature democracy. Thailand needs the Democrats to hold their own constituents to account and lead through the ballot box. Only then will Thailand be back on the path to democracy.

"Only then will Thailand be back on the path to democracy. " - assuming it ever was.... when do you consider that to have been the case?

​i think your assessment of the "unrest" in BKK and it's reasons/causes and effects is way off target.

and your expression of "direct democracy" is rather facile.

​The approach to democracy is never complete - it relies on separation of powers and not having the army involved........ apart from that interpretations of "democracy" can be pretty varied, but when stable the one thing you can be sure of is endless, legal debate and a legal opposition......i can't think of any country in history where the army has set up a democracy.

Aw!!! Thailand has done it heaps of times. I'm just hopeful that this time they get it right. Yeah, OK, I'm an optimist. When the police refuse to prevent mindless random killings when they have pix of the guy & can only arrest perps for these crimes when they have an army patrol with them then law & order is in trouble. It was an unhappy place, heading towards being a failed state. This has been temporarily averted and the streets are safer. Thousands of illegally held weapons of war are being seized from doubtfuls as well as known criminal or political malcontents. One has to be optimistic otherwise the thought of the country being run by the Northern mafia again would depress the economy and many ex-pats. Hope for the best. Next year could not be much worse for the country that the last two have been. And if we get a decent constitution and an un-rigged election, the place should improve. I am not one of those who see him wanting to be a long term "D"

As I sit in soi 4 having a beer....I wonder why so many people that are not Thai have so many opinions about this country.

Myself ...I'm off to firework festival in patts next week....then direct taxi to kanchanaburri for war festival and kung birthday. Then bang saen for speed festival.

Back to bkk then au for couple of weeks. Maybe HCMC AirAsia after that $100 return....

I love living in a junta.....surpression ??? Who cares I can't see it. Get off the high horses.

I left glasses at home , so no need for corrections.

You guys need to get over youselves

with a landslide victory as Thaksin / Yingluck.

yes with vote buying

Why do people keep posting this nonsense?

Refer my earlier post. Even the Dems acknowledge that vote buying has no impact on election results and they further acknowledge that those who outspent PT in the last election achieved nothing by said spending.

Not a single legitimate external observer or political analyst of substance thinks recent election results were swayed by vote buying. They all acknowledge money is spent by all parties but that it has no effect and isn't really vote buying in effect.

So small minded folk who ignore informed comment and analysis and instead repeat nonsense would be better to stop. As the releading of nonsense reflects poorly on them and adds nothing of any value to this debate :)

Edited by sandrew33
  • Like 1