Briton & Thai Mother Reunited After 54 Year Separation

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wait...Im kind of slow but....

That chick don't look Thai.

More like an average English gal.

I mean, even for a hlf-Thai/farang, I can't see a trace of Asian in her.

What's up with that?

What's up - your mind working overtime.

My 28yo son is half Thai/Australian, he has never looked anything like his Mum, except maybe he gets a hell of a suntan. In Oz people don't believe him when he points his Mum out. A few years ago at a local Thai Wat in Sydney I saw a Thai/farung boy who was pure blonde. I could not believe it. Just the way the genes tumble I guess.

• Like 2

My 28yo son is half Thai/Australian, he has never looked anything like his Mum, except maybe he gets a hell of a suntan. In Oz people don't believe him when he points his Mum out. A few years ago at a local Thai Wat in Sydney I saw a Thai/farung boy who was pure blonde. I could not believe it. Just the way the genes tumble I guess.

First farange Thai cross can be only black haired. To be blonde Thai parent must have farange genes.

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Like 1

What's up with that?

Her cheeks and face looks awfully like her mom on the right hand side. From the picture, I almost thought the mom didn't look like Thai at first glance!

What's up with that?

hahahahaha, I agree. But there is explanation.

Thais are not really typical ( stereotypical) looking Asians. If they are not exposed to sun and equatorial climate..they cannot gain Chinese eyes characteristic.

Most thais dont need esthetic surgical operation to look like Western people

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What's up with that?

It's all down the the power of genes. I have a daughter half Thai and quarter German/English and she doesn't look Thai in any way shape or form. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

Genetics. My daughter is what Thais call "lekrung" but she looks nothing like a Thai child. It's only when she opens her mouth and starts speaking Thai or Issan that gives her away.

Looking at the picture before reading, I thought that she did look a bit Asian. I know a man who is half Vietnamese, has lived all his life in Europe and except for colouring, he doesn't look Asian. On the other hand, I once knew a man who had spent much of his life in Vietnam. He was the head of one of the leading banks and didn't have a bit of Asian blood and yet he looked Vietnamese.

What's up with that?

hahahahaha, I agree. But there is explanation.

Thais are not really typical ( stereotypical) looking Asians. If they are not exposed to sun and equatorial climate..they cannot gain Chinese eyes characteristic.

Most thais dont need esthetic surgical operation to look like Western people

Um...I don't think exposure to the sun creates "Chinese eyes characteristic" - it is genetic and has nothing whatsoever to do with exposure to the sun - if it did, then many Chinese who live in the north would look western, as they would not have sufficient exposure to the sun either...

Although I admit that I have been in the country so long now that many Thai people (including my kids who are half Thai), don't seem Asian to me, I am assured that Thais really do look Asian to most westerners.

• Like 1

First farange Thai cross can be only black haired. To be blonde Thai parent must have farange genes.

Interesting. Thanks for that. Don't what to go off topic but that would mean blonde hair is a recessive gene. Right ? Thinking back to GEN001 ..... that is getting the ol' grey matter working.

What's up with that?

I can...it's clearly mother and daughter!

What's up with that?

It's all down the the power of genes. I have a daughter half Thai and quarter German/English and she doesn't look Thai in any way shape or form. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

She's gone grey. If she had thick straight brown/black hairnshe would look a littl luuk kreung.

My kids don't look particularly Asian but for hair colour and density of hair.