Briton & Thai Mother Reunited After 54 Year Separation

Lite Beer

here more details

<<<< Link to Phuket Wan removed: 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum. >>>>

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/British-woman-reunited-birth-mother-decades-later/39551#ad-image-0

Edited by metisdead

And so do my kids living in Sweden. Mother is Thai. 20min in sun and tanned as a pro. Im jealous.

My 28yo son is half Thai/Australian, he has never looked anything like his Mum, except maybe he gets a hell of a suntan. In Oz people don't believe him when he points his Mum out. A few years ago at a local Thai Wat in Sydney I saw a Thai/farung boy who was pure blonde. I could not believe it. Just the way the genes tumble I guess.

just red a book that those ADOPTIES feel strange in either country... and angry also... some prefer to have staid in thailand and live in poverty, says some girl that was also adopted at the age of 4 , left there by her mother, that was unmarried and where FACE was too important so they hide the pregnancy and dropped her in the orphanage

Wait...Im kind of slow but....

That chick don't look Thai.

More like an average English gal.

I mean, even for a hlf-Thai/farang, I can't see a trace of Asian in her.

What's up with that?

If you want proof, sponsor them a DNA test, 13.000.- + Baht. Just done one. rolleyes.gif

Looking at the picture before reading, I thought that she did look a bit Asian. I know a man who is half Vietnamese, has lived all his life in Europe and except for colouring, he doesn't look Asian. On the other hand, I once knew a man who had spent much of his life in Vietnam. He was the head of one of the leading banks and didn't have a bit of Asian blood and yet he looked Vietnamese.

What's up with that?

hahahahaha, I agree. But there is explanation.

Thais are not really typical ( stereotypical) looking Asians. If they are not exposed to sun and equatorial climate..they cannot gain Chinese eyes characteristic.

Most thais dont need esthetic surgical operation to look like Western people

Um...I don't think exposure to the sun creates "Chinese eyes characteristic" - it is genetic and has nothing whatsoever to do with exposure to the sun - if it did, then many Chinese who live in the north would look western, as they would not have sufficient exposure to the sun either...

Although I admit that I have been in the country so long now that many Thai people (including my kids who are half Thai), don't seem Asian to me, I am assured that Thais really do look Asian to most westerners.

This means that asians aren't really that different from white people. What's the big deal anyway?

Also there are about 6 main races of asians but if you just want to talk about the east asian/ south east asian type then again the small eyes, buck teeth are just a stereotype that only asians in the far east like korea have. Chinese people run the entire gamut from south east asian looking to north asian and far east asian. Many have double eyelids too. I have them too.

The most important feature that makes a person look more caucasian is the shape of their skull. It tends to be narrower and their brow ridges potrude outwards. A stereotypical asian/chinese person would have a wider head but there are many thais/chinese with no white mixture that have narrow heads too. The pointed nose isn't that important as there are many white people with not very pointed noses like brad pitt.

In fact i noticed that anglos tend to have less longer noses compared to say eastern europeans and maybe spanish people. When i saw some spanish girls i noticed how different they looked from say a typical american girl. They looked like witches from the side view with their long noses.

Skin pigmentation also comes into play. Asian albinos can actually pass off as white.

Here's a white person with asian features.

Elton john. bulky head, pug like nose

Elton-John-007.jpg

Anyway a lot of asians have the protruding eye brow ridges

Here's a side view of 2 white people

stock-footage-side-view-of-people-in-sui

side view of one kind of asian.

Before-and-After-Asian-Rhi-Rside21-1024x

Her face is flat so she looks more asian.

Not all asians have flat faces.

This is Tadayuki Konno one of the people with the highest IQ in the world. His side profile makes him look like a white person

8tadayuki-konno-has-an-iq-of-176-jpg_195

This is how he looks like in front with lights.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Touched my heart ... Nice story .

She gave away her 4 year old daughter to foreigners who would take her to another country. Not a newborn baby she had no attachment to but a baby she had raised for 4 years. I don't know how traumatic that must have been for the little girl at the time. My son is 3 and I can't bear to be away from him for a day, no matter what kind of adversity we might face I could never imagine giving him away.

Touched my heart ... Nice story .

She gave away her 4 year old daughter to foreigners who would take her to another country. Not a newborn baby she had no attachment to but a baby she had raised for 4 years. I don't know how traumatic that must have been for the little girl at the time. My son is 3 and I can't bear to be away from him for a day, no matter what kind of adversity we might face I could never imagine giving him away.

Different time, different place, impossible to put yourself in the mothers shoes.Maybe she loved her so much and put her happiness and well being before her own feelings.Whatever the reasons who are we to judge.

Just watch the news, there are many times people give up their children for all sorts of dreadful reasons,doesn't mean they don't love them.

I"m happy that they have found each other now and hope they have many years together to make up for lost time.Nice to hear some happy news for a change.wai.gif

• Like 1

And so do my kids living in Sweden. Mother is Thai. 20min in sun and tanned as a pro. Im jealous.

My 28yo son is half Thai/Australian, he has never looked anything like his Mum, except maybe he gets a hell of a suntan. In Oz people don't believe him when he points his Mum out. A few years ago at a local Thai Wat in Sydney I saw a Thai/farung boy who was pure blonde. I could not believe it. Just the way the genes tumble I guess.

and so many girls in Asia trying to stay out of the sun to keep their skin pale . . . strange world smile.png

First farange Thai cross can be only black haired. To be blonde Thai parent must have farange genes.

My daughter is half Thai. I'm 100% Caucasian with brown hair (grayer by the day) and she had curly blonde hair her first 4 years. It's turning brown though.

She does get a hell of a suntan.

Anyhow that lady (the Briton) is supposed to be 100% Thai. She doesn't look even 10% Thai to me.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

First farange Thai cross can be only black haired. To be blonde Thai parent must have farange genes.

That is not true. Your knowledge of genetics is obviously very limited.

I have a friend in the Uk married to a Thai girl. Their first child is blonde haired and blue eyed. The mother gets annoyed at all the Brits that automatically assume she is the nanny and not the mother

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That is not true. Your knowledge of genetics is obviously very limited.

I have a friend in the Uk married to a Thai girl. Their first child is blonde haired and blue eyed. The mother gets annoyed at all the Brits that automatically assume she is the nanny and not the mother

I don't blame them. Even in this thread there was one guy that said half farang half asian kids cannot get blond hair and blue eyes unless his thai mother was also pretty mixed herself.

Seems like there's this perception that only pure bred farang have those traits but i'm not so sure. It's probably just an assumption there's no proof of it.

Well that's what I get for being a bit general.

Lighter colour hair is the result of a damage melanine gene. South East Asians have this gene intact. As an intact gene will have dominance over a mutated one, hair colour will be black.

However, due to evolutionary mutations, there is no doubt that there is a chance that a Thai may have this mutation. Though it would be extremely rare.

I stand corrected.

What's up with that?

My mixed daughter does not look mixed at all either. Tell me your smarter than the statement you made seeing the daughter had

a Australian father and clearly has a Thai birth certificate and passport.

In reply to Nowhere, your statement is inaccurate . There does not need to be Falang blood on Thai side for child to be blonde . I've seen children of pure Aust aboriginal married to Swedish person have one child identical to Swedish father & 1 child identical to aboriginal mother. I suggest you google genetics

In reply to Nowhere, your statement is inaccurate . There does not need to be Falang blood on Thai side for child to be blonde . I've seen children of pure Aust aboriginal married to Swedish person have one child identical to Swedish father & 1 child identical to aboriginal mother. I suggest you google genetics

See last post. I stand corrected. Australian Aboriginal is interesting case.

My daughter is half Thai. I'm 100% Caucasian with brown hair (grayer by the day) and she had curly blonde hair her first 4 years. It's turning brown though.

She does get a hell of a suntan.

Anyhow that lady (the Briton) is supposed to be 100% Thai. She doesn't look even 10% Thai to me.

She is not 100% Thai, she is mixed. Her father was Australian.

"She doesn't look Thai", "How sad", "...could have winged it back to LOS...".

There seems to be a minority that tends to lean towards pessimism, negativity and prejudice, regardless of the story.

Their headstone may read something like, "The goodness and joy in life was overshadowed by a self-imagined, dark cloud".

Glad the two ladies were reunited and from the smiles, they looked very happy.

As an adopted person myself I am aware of the law and of 'common practice' as it relates to situations of this sort in the UK. Back in the 60's adoption was 'closed'; these days contact with the natural parent is seen as a good thing but back then it was not the norm. I imagine there must have been some formality to this arrangement because it would not have been easy / possible to hop off the boat in the UK with a Thai 4 year old. I tracked down my own mother when I was 46. Luckily my adoptive parents had kept a file so that I had plenty of information to go on. Like most adopted children I had a wonderful upbringing with a mum and a dad, and thus no need to seek out birth parents I never new / remembered. The why's and wherefore's of why I decided to track mine down a few years ago is a long story....

Reading the full article about this reunion, against a background of considerable bashing of Thai authorities on this forum, I am heartened by the efforts of the Thai authorities in this instance to assist this woman with the challenging task of finding her mum. It's nice to read some positive news of a happy ending and thank goodness her mum was still alive.

Good post Longstaff, you put that across better than I ever could have..................thumbsup.gif