Devil exhaust, police law/fine about noise/sound

mataleo

Hi, I just put Devil full system exhaust on ninja 300, It sounds cool, but its very loud, its not tragic, as theres a lot 1000cc bikes with double custom exhusts they more louder...

But mine its quite loud too now, sounds like 1000cc stock or something...

I just wonder

I know in EU or USA theres laws about noise and standards in place..

How its like in thailand?

I will be pulled over and fined for it everytime i pass police?

Is it here regulated by law? do they have fine for it in thier fines book?

How much is it?

Right now I put in that db killer in to it so it less noisy, with db killer u can drive in EU as it was designed to be road legal with db killer...

Thing is its more fun without it :)

When I go my local kawasaki shop everytime i see guys putting much louder exhusts on bigger bikes...

anyone here got performance exhaust? any experiences?

Im in Pattaya btw...

Thx for info

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They stopped me many times in bkk but never for noise, I believe its not legal so as precaution when I see police from a distance I just pull the clutch and release throttle to not make any noise when passing them.

Now im out of here before the bike hating tree huggers come hating for all the noise we make

Eddited, swapped c's for s :)

Edited by Marcel1
  • Like 1

They stopped me many times in bkk but never for noise, I believe its not legal so as precaution when I see police from a distance I just pull the clutch and release throttle to not make any noise when passing them.

Now im out of here before the bike hating tree huggers come hating for all the noise we make

Eddited, swapped c's for s smile.png

thats what i was doing clutch when pass

but they got boxes on red lights and when idle it was making noise hehe, i off it, then start again, well, now im on db killer so its fine i guess...

i might take it out in future and see how be like

• Like 1

I got pulled over on Suk once (Patts) on my Raider with stock exhaust.

Cop was not happy but I insisted: 100% original.

It is a bit loud when running full power, as I was.

I bought a couple of stainless steel pot scrubbers and had my mechanic put them in the can.

Quieter now and runs just as well.

I guess I'm just not the 'hey look at me, I'm loud, I'm cool' kind.

I've heard reports of 1000baht fine for loud pipes.

Edited by papa al

I got pulled over on Suk once (Patts) on my Raider with stock exhaust.

Cop was not happy but I insisted: 100% original.

It is a bit loud when running full power, as I was.

I bought a couple of stainless steel pot scrubbers and had my mechanic put them in the can.

Quieter now and runs just as well.

I guess I'm just not the 'hey look at me, I'm loud, I'm cool' kind.

Wonder if theybgive u tocket with it

Loud scooters are annoying as are trucks of anysize, on the other hand for a ducati which comes past every evening i will turn the volume down on anything i am listening too,

Most bikes for me sound ok with a performance exhaust if the are being ridden properly,

I cant for the life of me understand why anyone would want to modify the exhaust of a bus as to make farting noises...its a public service vehicle and nothing more, Wish the police would start handing out fines to these guys!

• Like 2

Db killer or not doesn't matter here, as your exhaust is illegal no matter what. There are some exhausts here that are legal but most of the after market ones you see are not.

I'm in Bangkok and I don't worry at all about my exhaust as the police really don't seem to care about it at all. Even when they stop me for whatever reason the exhaust is never mentioned. I'm not sure about Pattaya as I don't live there but when I go there I'm far more cautious about avoiding beach road etc.

Technically the police can take your bike away if they want. Then you go down the station to get it back after paying 1000B fine(hopefully your exhaust will still be on it.) This happened to my little Kawasaki KSR in Buriram.

Some police may ask you to pay the fine when they stop you, which could range from 100-1000B either way it's in your best interest to pay it or you could be minus 1 exhaust pipe.

Paid a few in Pattaya myself. Never CNX
What 1000 for exhaust?

Thats more then no licence fine...

Yes correct.

That is Thai logic at work = we expats will never understand the logic behind it.

So a tourist on a 1000 cc sports bike is fined 400 baht for no licence and send on his merry way again and can't get fined further that day for same offence. I just hope he survives which they don't always do.

Db killer or not doesn't matter here, as your exhaust is illegal no matter what. There are some exhausts here that are legal but most of the after market ones you see are not.

I'm in Bangkok and I don't worry at all about my exhaust as the police really don't seem to care about it at all. Even when they stop me for whatever reason the exhaust is never mentioned. I'm not sure about Pattaya as I don't live there but when I go there I'm far more cautious about avoiding beach road etc.

Technically the police can take your bike away if they want. Then you go down the station to get it back after paying 1000B fine(hopefully your exhaust will still be on it.) This happened to my little Kawasaki KSR in Buriram.

Some police may ask you to pay the fine when they stop you, which could range from 100-1000B either way it's in your best interest to pay it or you could be minus 1 exhaust pipe.

if u got licence normaly they keep ur driving licence and when u pay they give u back

my bro had no d. licence so they kept bike keys...

guy who sold me exhaust just told me some towns in thailand fine 2000THB for it clap2.gifblink.pngw00t.gif

why this pipes with db killers are illegal here?

they road legal with db killer in uk

Edited by mataleo

pattaya, hua hin and parts of phuket: problems.

bkk and provinces: no problems.

they fined me three times in hua hin, 500 thb each.

also db killer means nothing as there needs to be a 'TIS' (Thai Industrial Standards) stamp on it all i know. so without tis stamp, if they want, they can fine you everytime.

moreover, noticed police stops doing emission control with ĉomputerized system at times.

these are a risk i am willingly to take though. occasional 500 thb at hua hin, that is all i got all these years!

• Like 2

Why do people need make so much noise with their street bikes/cars ? Size of penis? Low self esteem? There must be a logical reason for this strange phenomina.

Perhaps u will not get it anyway.

Its a man's thing. Racing and all that.

And theres other reasons like weight reduction, more power, cosmetic look, for me was even that inwould be selling it soon so i think pimped up a bit will go easier...

Edited by mataleo

Highly unlikely that money spent pimping your ride will be recouped at sale.

Saving the money and lowering the price instead is the smart choice.

Some potential buyers are turned off by aftermarket performance mods due to associated hard riding history and the illegality of modifying a moto in Thailand.

John: Some think that a loud bike is cool, and by association, the rider must be cool too.

Male farang logic?

Edited by papa al

Some potential buyers are turned off by aftermarket performance mods due to associated hard riding history and the illegality of modifying a moto in Thailand.

John: Some think that a loud bike is cool, and by association, the rider must be cool too.

Male farang logic?

All kids love it

Go to any garage like kawasaki

U will see that almost every bike

Thai or farang owned got akropovich exhaust on it.

It nothing about being cool

Its more fun to ride.

I was riding 1 year on stock

Its boring

No sound

It was like electric bike

• Like 1

My exhaust is loud on my CBR. At idle it sounds lumpy like a cammed v8, but I think it's just because my injectors are dirty lol. When I pull up to lights most people give me a smile or thumbs up.

As for why people use louder mufflers:

1. Noise - Motorcycles are much safer when they are heard. Most big sport bikes have a cool tone but I think Harley Davidsons can be quite obnoxious as they don't have a tone other than "LOUD NOISE" throughout the whole rpm range. Also most scooters sound awful as do 2 stroke bumble bee engines.

2. Power - Most engines will have an increase of power and fuel consumption with a larger exhaust but some won't be affected at all, and some will lose power. Depending on the bike and muffler used. Big turbo Diesel engines benefit the most which is why you see many buses, trucks, vans, ambulances, etc with big noisy exhausts with black diesel billowing out the back. Can be loud and annoying.

3. Street cred - Changing the exhaust makes your bike unique. Unique does not mean better though as I'm sure most of us have heard a loud scooter fly by and continue to hear it 3kms away.

Imagine blowing through a 7-11 straw. You can't move much air through but there will be consistent pressure. Now imagine a large straw to drink a milkshake or slushee. More air can move through but the pressure will be low and inconsistent.

Mateo 112 is right . Look for the 'TIS' stamp in the metal if it has that it is legal & all you have to do is show them the stamp end of story. I think the devil is under the DB infraction. Kawi in Pattaya says it is a legal exhaust so it must have the ID stamp.

And if it isn't either back off the throttle hold the clutch in or coast through the cops area. Good choice . I like the devil or the Akro exhaust systems.

• Like 1

My exhaust is loud on my CBR. At idle it sounds lumpy like a cammed v8, but I think it's just because my injectors are dirty lol. When I pull up to lights most people give me a smile or thumbs up.

As for why people use louder mufflers:

1. Noise - Motorcycles are much safer when they are heard. Most big sport bikes have a cool tone but I think Harley Davidsons can be quite obnoxious as they don't have a tone other than "LOUD NOISE" throughout the whole rpm range. Also most scooters sound awful as do 2 stroke bumble bee engines.

2. Power - Most engines will have an increase of power and fuel consumption with a larger exhaust but some won't be affected at all, and some will lose power. Depending on the bike and muffler used. Big turbo Diesel engines benefit the most which is why you see many buses, trucks, vans, ambulances, etc with big noisy exhausts with black diesel billowing out the back. Can be loud and annoying.

3. Street cred - Changing the exhaust makes your bike unique. Unique does not mean better though as I'm sure most of us have heard a loud scooter fly by and continue to hear it 3kms away.

Imagine blowing through a 7-11 straw. You can't move much air through but there will be consistent pressure. Now imagine a large straw to drink a milkshake or slushee. More air can move through but the pressure will be low and inconsistent.

Mine carbon exhaust is 50% weigh reduction too.

post-62192-14167244986249_thumb.jpg

Mateo 112 is right . Look for the 'TIS' stamp in the metal if it has that it is legal & all you have to do is show them the stamp end of story. I think the devil is under the DB infraction. Kawi in Pattaya says it is a legal exhaust so it must have the ID stamp.

And if it isn't either back off the throttle hold the clutch in or coast through the cops area. Good choice . I like the devil or the Akro exhaust systems.

Thx mate

Kawi pattaya never said its legal

I will check for stamp

I think they import from italy.

Yes full system devil sounds better then akro without db killer and its lauder. .

post-62192-14167247212613_thumb.jpg

It is illegal to modify (& ride on the public roads) a bike in Thailand.

Do so and you will be at the mercy of the cops, TIS stamp or not.

Of course I've had to cough up tea money in my car when 100% legal.

He had my DL and wouldn't return it otherwise.

200baht.whistling.gif

Edited by papa al

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

in a country where they drive around in pickup trucks going 10 kmh with cheap loud speakers blaring some advert advertising who the hell know what, why would they care about a loud motorbike?

motorbikes are easy prey, especially a farang on a motorbike. that is why.

Why do people need make so much noise with their street bikes/cars ? Size of penis? Low self esteem? There must be a logical reason for this strange phenomina.

just to piss idiots like you. and do you have a problem with that?

Male farang logic?

if you keep the stock parts - like me - you can turn your bike to stock while selling it and you can also sell the mods separately.

My diler said Devil is made in thailand but no TIS stamp yet...

it has no cat so cannot meet emission requirements. maybe it is the reason.

OP. What's 'legal' or not is irrelevant in the real world of police checkpoints in Thailand. If they want to screw with you, they will.

As a general practise, if you aren't sure whether there is or isn't something about your vehicle that isn't street legal, then being polite to traffic cops, whether in Thailand or any other country, is the best course of action, no matter how tempting it is to mouth off a bit.

I've got a full system Yoshi on an 850cc triple. Even with DB killer in it is loud. Picked up a ticket or two for the not being in the left lane bo##ocks but the exhaust hasn't ever attracted any attention (in BKK).

• Like 1