Former CSD crime buster dies in unexplained circumstances

Lite Beer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

was this guy actually connected to Ko Tao?

if so,

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No he was not. Please stop this BS

See post #61 and then do a Google search, there's plenty of information out in the public domain to allow you to see the VERY obvious connection.

• Like 1

A dirty cop goes room temperature. I will lose much sleep over this, and will not do a little dance also.

This guy was probably one of the good guys!!

And his refusual to be "one of the guys" might have got him killed!!

It is surely a pure coincidence, that the unwillingness to bring the real culprits on Koh Tao to justice and now this hit, points to the same highranking member of the RTP!!

I can't find any links between this guy and Koh Tao.

See post #61 and then do a Google search, there's plenty of information out in the public domain to allow you to see the VERY obvious connection.

A dirty cop goes room temperature. I will lose much sleep over this, and will not do a little dance also.

It is surely a pure coincidence, that the unwillingness to bring the real culprits on Koh Tao to justice and now this hit, points to the same highranking member of the RTP!!

Try to look a little higher up the foodchain. Hint: Boss of this guy and a major shareholder!!

As I have said before, the drugtrade on the islands is a billion baht franchise leading straight to ????

Why do you think "someone" personally attended the DNA-testing of Nomsod?? Maybe to ensure that everything was done correctly?? Or to ensure that nothing got in the way of the major cashflow from the islands??

• Like 1

Try to look a little higher up the foodchain. Hint: Boss of this guy and a major shareholder!!

As I have said before, the drugtrade on the islands is a billion baht franchise leading straight to ????

Why do you think "someone" personally attended the DNA-testing of Nomsod?? Maybe to ensure that everything was done correctly?? Or to ensure that nothing got in the way of the major cashflow from the islands??

Not just the drug trade. Newspapers reported that Koh Tao police were extorting Burmese migrant workers for around 1 million baht per month. 2,000 illegals had to pay 500B each/month and an extra 500B if they owned a motorbike.

It was only a few days after this revelation that Somyot heaped praise on these same policemen, said he would reward them for such a great job.

It is clear to me that there is a link from the top to these local police, or maybe the top police just let the Koh Tao bobbies trouser over a mill tax free per month. It's all about the money.

The deceased was high up in the Thai equivalent of the US FBI. In fact his department was trained by the FBI. He and his boss were both relieved of duty not long after the Island murders. This Department of Special Investigation, called DSI is often in conflict with the Royal Thai Police about who is to be in charge.

The deceased had said he had some things to say to the press. He was new on the job since the island murders, and then fired, and then died by some method that hasn't been explained.

At least a dozen of his co-workers have been relieved of duty recently to be replaced by people whose thinking is more in line with the Junta.

All of this is in the news.

Now some of us aren't accepting the ambiguous claim that he died by falling from some mysterious high place and then being cremated within 12 hours. We are used to at least a statement about where someone "fell" from, and it requiring ceremonies before cremation.

This simply smells of a coverup.

Peace.

Good post!!

And scary to see that they are willing to kill one of their own, just to keep the Koh Tao investigation off track!! All to protect the holy cashflow!!

was this guy actually connected to Ko Tao?

if so,

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No he was not. Please stop this BS

Are you for real ? Show me the official news links then !

Theres no link in any Thai news articles about Col Akarawut Limrat and Ko Tao. I am sure you will find him mentioned in social media sites like facebook but thats hardly news is it ?

I did a search and found one english news article about him from september in a Bangkok newspaper, the article is about financial scams.

Edited by theoldgit
Link in breach of Forum Rules removed

That article says that all the officers that were transferred to "inactive posts" with Akrawut have been charged with a number of offences, including:

- LM

- Bribery

- Abuse of power

- violating the Anti-money laundering act

- malfeasance

- forest destruction and encroachments

- violation of the wildlife act

It seems that maybe Akrawat didn't want to get arrested.

A newspaper article says that all the officers that were transferred to "inactive posts" with Akrawut have been charged with a number of offences, including:

- LM

- Bribery

- Abuse of power

- malfeasance

Try to read the article again!!

It says nowhere, that Akrawut had been charged with anything!!

It is a long list of his fellow officers being charged with the offences you mention!!

All it says about Akrawut, is that he was transferred to Police HQ together with his fellow officers.

But maybe his offences wasn't mentioned because of his death??

But something is sure, the whole of RTP is a sewer!!bah.gif

Posts in breach of Forum Rules removed, or edited.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

• Like 1

A newspaper article says that all the officers that were transferred to "inactive posts" with Akrawut have been charged with a number of offences, including:

- LM

- Bribery

- Abuse of power

- malfeasance

Try to read the article again!!

It says nowhere, that Akrawut had been charged with anything!!

It is a long list of his fellow officers being charged with the offences you mention!!

All it says about Akrawut, is that he was transferred to Police HQ together with his fellow officers.

But maybe his offences wasn't mentioned because of his death??

But something is sure, the whole of RTP is a sewer!!bah.gif

Warrants were approved on Saturday. Akrawut died on Thursday. I just can't imagine why he wasn't charged.

Well now we know why no specific reason was given for the man's dismissal. The soldiers couldn't exactly say "he had the wrong political allegiance" could they? That would be to implicate the truth, which is that the army's forced acquisition of power was purely politically motivated.

"... but some police sources have said that some of the officers transferred had been aligned with “certain political camps”. wai2.gifwai.gif

A man has died. No humour there. I'm not the judge, jury and executioner and don't know about the guilt of any person.

We all will make that final journey, and some will go with the knowledge that compassion for other humans was a constant companion.

Others may likely take their last accusing breath in solitary surroundings.

• Like 2

you would be naïve to think rule of law exists in Thailand. Money and power rules everything here

Another thai hater

People like you fill me with disgust.

Grow some balls and go back to your home country instead of wallowing in your peculiar disdain you have for a country that has graciously allowed you to settle.Its disrespectful, ungrateful and above all cowardly.

Leave you won't be missed

• Like 1

you would be naïve to think rule of law exists in Thailand. Money and power rules everything here

Another thai hater

People like you fill me with disgust.

Grow some balls and go back to your home country instead of wallowing in your peculiar disdain you have for a country that has graciously allowed you to settle.Its disrespectful, ungrateful and above all cowardly.

Leave you won't be missed

He might be turning up the contrast, but he is far from a Thai hater. Learn about the Sakdina system, study what really goes in Thailand, and one can see the merit of his post. Corruption can be hard to ferret out, but it will explain a lot of the motivation in this country.

• Like 2

A man lost his life (this is the main thing!)because:

a ) he knew too much;

b ) he could embarass 'oils';

c ) he was too dirty;

d ) he had an accident;

e ) he committed suicide.

It's a 'multiple choice', not knowing any fact (none disclosed), my 'gutt feeling' would a) and b ), c) is far fetched for someone involved, positively, in crime suppression for years, d) and e) when it would have been, it would have been released with many details. IMO, that is...

Edited by bangrak

A man lost his life (this is the main thing!)because:

a ) he knew too much;

b ) he could embarass 'oils';

c ) he was too dirty;

d ) he had an accident;

e ) he committed suicide.

It's a 'multiple choice', not knowing any fact (none disclosed), my 'gutt feeling' would a) and b ), c) is far fetched for someone involved, positively, in crime suppression for years, d) and e) when it would have been, it would have been released with many details. IMO, that is...

9 others that he was recently transferred to inactive posts with were yesterday charged with a number of crimes. That would suggest that he was going to be too.

• Like 1

Where did h fall? Was there an autopsy to determine if there was foul play causing the fall or pushing. It looks like the Thai press just backed away from any questions here and was satisfied with the establishment line on just "actual" cause of death and not circumstances. Congratulations again to the Thai press.

The Thai press are terrified to ask questions, they have been threatened by the P.M with incarceration and forced attitude adjustments. They now will just accept and report what they are ordered.

The Thai press has always been terrified to ask questions, it has nothing to do with this PM! (Remember what happened to that 'too young and unexperinced' lady when trying to do her reporter's job seriously and asking straight questions to Chalerm?)

Not good at connecting the dots are you ...

The guy was in Koh Tao, made a public statement that he had some very important information, was suddenly transferred, then dies suddenly in unexplained circumstances and then a cremation 12 hours after the death ... you don't find that at all suspicious?

The political affiliation/sponsoring they mention is only "part" of the equation, it's a deflection as to the real reasons for this murder.

I can't find a connection to Kho Tao on this guy?

The deceased was high up in the Thai equivalent of the US FBI. In fact his department was trained by the FBI. He and his boss were both relieved of duty not long after the Island murders. This Department of Special Investigation, called DSI is often in conflict with the Royal Thai Police about who is to be in charge.

The deceased had said he had some things to say to the press. He was new on the job since the island murders, and then fired, and then died by some method that hasn't been explained.

At least a dozen of his co-workers have been relieved of duty recently to be replaced by people whose thinking is more in line with the Junta.

All of this is in the news.

Now some of us aren't accepting the ambiguous claim that he died by falling from some mysterious high place and then being cremated within 12 hours. We are used to at least a statement about where someone "fell" from, and it requiring ceremonies before cremation.

This simply smells of a coverup.

Peace.

Before being transferred to an inactive post the deceased was a senior officer in the Crime Suppression Division (CSD).

Was he a member of the DSI prior to that?