CM immigration wants a one year lease agreement for my retirement visa

I think they meant they need a Thai witness signature on the document from the guest house. When I bring a letter from our condo, it's signed and stamped by the juristic person -- a Thai person. I doubt they actually want you to bring a witness in person. Think about it, look around the office. Does every applicant have a Thai witness with them?

yes, they said it straight to my face after they saw the letter that I had already had made up and happened to have in my folder already for when I go for the retirement visa. i showed it to them and asked if they could confirm that this letter from my Guest House was okay and they said no, that i need a lease agreement letter from my GH instead (which i am getting - the GH is ok with that) - they even spoke on my phone to my GH and explained what they needed in that letter and told the GH and me that in addition they will need a Thai witness.

yes, i am doing the procedure to get the retirement visa.

and yes, i agree with you that i dont think they are trying to get tea money. there is a certain attitude and body language that goes with that and i didnt pick up on that at all.

For some reason they want to make it difficult, it can be related to being the first time you apply, face saving when you came back, or else. Be reassured it could be much worse.

1. There should not be a requirement for it to be a one year rental agreement. They just want solid proof of where you living. Just a receipt for a guesthouse would not be enough.

2. There is not requirement for both unless you are using the combination of income and money in the bank. The embassy or consulate would not do a letter to confirm you bank balance. They can only do proof of income.

When you do your 90 day reports away from CM you need a local address to put on the TM47 form. Some may want proof of that address but a hotel or guesthouse receipt would be enough.

A letter from Guest House should be enough for immigration .

thanks. i took a letter from the GH written in Thai, stamped and with address at top, etc confirming that i was living there and they said that was not good enough.

Sound's to me they want some "tea money"?

You are off base there I have been getting extensions of stay from CM office for 5 years and never has a request for tea money been brought up. That is always the reply from the unenformed.and those who lack experience.

Edited by moe666