'Billions' of Baht worth of assets found at Thai CIB chief's home

webfact

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A reminder to the posters here, who think corruption is "charming", because they can away with 200 baht on the roadside for not wearing a helmet.

No corruption is a dangerous cancer, that costs Thailand billions every year and get people killed!!

Nothing "charming" about that!!

And the worst culprits are the socalled police, all the way to the very top!!

Agreed one million percent, it is a cancer across Thailand that holds it back.

Actually tackle corruption like Singapore did, and watch Thailand zoom

forward ....

• Like 1

Well well well - i guess most of us was wrong, looks like there are going to be some cleanup after all, good!

It will set a good example down the ranks. About time some of the big boys got named....

Let's hope the boys in green have the courage to clean up a bit in their own camp, as well rolleyes.gif

The jig is up for this greedy slime-bag... let's hope the new government will catch others, and that their reach will extend beyond Bangkok... perhaps even to Dubai.

• Like 2

1 billion baht in cash seems rather a lot to keep in your house. If these were in 1,000 baht notes, then that's a million notes. 1 million baht in 1,000 baht notes is a 'wad' about 7cm in height. So I calculate that there was about 700 metres total height of cash. If the room height is say, 3 metres (nice house), then that still makes 233 piles of cash from floor to ceiling.

Where did he sit to eat breakfast???

...in the extra space the USD created because of the much higher denomination?

Great work PM keep the pressure because this type of action is the only way thailand will earn back credibility and may slowly reduce corruption I hope the next big police news story is related to koh tao.

Nothing to do with the PM!!

Internal police-business.......the loot is moved to another policepocket!!

• Like 1

I wonder just how careful they have to be in selecting their targets.

Obviously this one is a slam dunk but I just wonder how much dirt the opposing factions, military and police, have on each other and if a tit for tat scenario could start.

That is one way to start a good clean up?

Great work PM keep the pressure because this type of action is the only way thailand will earn back credibility and may slowly reduce corruption I hope the next big police news story is related to koh tao.

Nothing to do with the PM!!

Internal police-business.......the loot is moved to another policepocket!!

Rats eating other rats......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0dFsAtAlEo

Nothing else.

• Like 2

Lets be clear - this is not a 'clean-up', but a 'clean-out' of political opponents.

I agree. Whilst I am sure this lot are corrupted to their last toe nail and thus deserves to be arrested, it would add to the government's legitimacy (and credibility) if the same treatment is meted out to people on their own side. When that happens, then the thai people will know - there is no need for propaganda to "enforce" a shallow image of happiness.

• Like 1

>>Police are now investigating to determine how the commissioner had amassed the assets.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that he earned this illicitly.

Come on mate we all know he got all this money from setting up road blocks.

1 billion baht in cash seems rather a lot to keep in your house. If these were in 1,000 baht notes, then that's a million notes. 1 million baht in 1,000 baht notes is a 'wad' about 7cm in height. So I calculate that there was about 700 metres total height of cash. If the room height is say, 3 metres (nice house), then that still makes 233 piles of cash from floor to ceiling.

Where did he sit to eat breakfast???

Try reading the OP before posting.

There were also US Dollars in the cache not all Baht.

1 billion cash. Jesus... how they counted that many just in a few hours? I mean this is like a 10 squar emeter room full with bank notes. And how can someone who is smart enoguh to get 1 billion baht stupid enough to simply store it in his house..

Edited by SoFarAndNear
  • Like 1

so will the assets and cash be seized or simply given to his family?, for some reason here the proceeds of crime are never seized and the families benefit from all the corruption plagues offences of the criminal. Its way past time all proceeds were seized including bank accounts, property etc, if the families have to struggle then that is part of being involved in criminal activities, they have lived off the benefits for long enough, take everything.

• Like 1

Hats of the the powers that be on this one.

Lets hope this case is pursued properly and appropriate custodial sentences dished out.

Its a tiny tip of a huge iceberg, but its a start.

I expect these guys have stepped on the wrong toes, or pinned their flags on the wrong ship.

Hopefully its a sign of things to come, not just a purge of a few wrongly aligned ones.

It's a purge of those that have the wrong political affiliations, friends or paymasters, nothing more, nothing less and it won't go any deeper than that.

Maybe you are wrong. You have been wrong before... Of course you didn't believe this would happen too.

This is good news and it shows that people inside RTP are willing to go all the way to clean up corruption among officials .

Sadly you are wrong!!

It shows that money are being shifted from the pockets of corrupt red cops to the pockets of corrupt yellow cops!!

They are all criminals!!sad.png

Who need fiction, when you have Thai reality??

• Like 1