Bangkok police raid On Nut church, bust 20 undocumented African migrants

webfact

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were so serious about opening a church then they would have regisered as one .If their patrons were so above board they wouldnt have dragged 20 percent of them away for being illegal .I used to live next this outfit and they are are pyscho .They stay up all night long screaming and chanting with a large sound system .I saw them drag a goat into to sacrifice one day .Illegal from the get go .Good riddence .I feel sorry for anyone that has to live next to this circus .Ask them to turn it down and be prepared for some 200 pound gangster types to threaten you .Hoodlums .

Sick puppy if you like a police state...different tune with arms turned your direction, wouldn't it be? Surely this was overly dramatic given a noise complaint.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Good riddance to those flouting Thai law.

Thai laws? Are you kidding? How long have you lived in Thailand? Laws are a function of how much money you have to buy one.

If you like a system were gangsters in military gear show up to enforce laws only on people without the money to pay off police state goons then I can understand how your happy living there.

Should we assume from your post that you either do not live or visit here. Or that you are unhappy about living /visiting here?

Yes you can assume that, I lived in Thailand from 2005 to 2014 and I can speak, read and write Thai so I know a lot more about what is going on there than most. I didn’t leave because of the legal situation but I find it dreadful, I left because my father passed and I was the only sibling that could help care for my mother. I like Thailand and I have a home there so I will be back but the outright in your face corruption has always make my stomach turn.

Nigeria is a country in Africa and so is Zambia. When the Zambian PM died flags in Thailand were lowered to half mast. Thais respect African people, they r not racist but the posters on this thread topic are. Racism is wrong. Stop the hurt.

When a close friend of mine died in Thailand, the next day his wife's nickers were lowered to half mast, what does that prove. NOTHING

Why would they search a church for drug use, Thai cops using racial profiling?.

They were called in on a noise complaint.Churchgoers would have to be the biggest hypocrites next to pollies.Why wouldn't they have drugs.When i see them clapping,singing and then fainting i rekon they're all on drugs.Then they hand over money to some dubious character for something that never happens.Obviously drugged to the eye balls.

• Like 1

Yes God is great!! After their prayers it is straight back to Sukhumwit to sell their destructive merchandise!!

To the overly PC posters here, it really doesn't matter if they are black, white. green, blue or yellow, they are illegal immigrants. Deport them! End of story!!

Fair enough mate,but if there were no customers there would be no drugs,supply and demand.Drugs should be legal.

It was an evangelical church for pity's sake.

If they expected to find drugs in such a place then their intelligence gathering unit is short of intelligence.

These people actually believe their is a god and do not look kindly upon drug use at all.

As for proper documentation, well that's another story....they'd probably say the Bible is all the documentation they need or some sort of BS or other.

Thats strange, thai jails are full of drugs dealing Nigerians...
Well for a start let me say: utter BS.

Now that's out of the way let's get more specific shall we?

A: the report says no drugs were found. Did you read that? It was quite clear, it states no drugs were found, I repeat NO drugs were found.

B: my post referred to no drugs being found on this raid (did you see that bit in the report?) and I wasn't surprised as evangelical churches and assorted god botherers do not like drugs.

By the way, did you notice in the OP they say NO drugs were found, interesting that.

C: did you just let prejudice guide your post rather than reading the OP.

Finally, did you notice they found no drugs were found on this raid?

Not a one, none at all.

Makes you wonder hey.

Besides Thai,have a guess what the #1 nationality in Thai jails is,i will give you a hint,starts with N.Guess what they are in for?

If they expected to find drugs in such a place then their intelligence gathering unit is short of intelligence.

These people actually believe their is a god and do not look kindly upon drug use at all.

As for proper documentation, well that's another story....they'd probably say the Bible is all the documentation they need or some sort of BS or other.

A: the report says no drugs were found. Did you read that? It was quite clear, it states no drugs were found, I repeat NO drugs were found.

B: my post referred to no drugs being found on this raid (did you see that bit in the report?) and I wasn't surprised as evangelical churches and assorted god botherers do not like drugs.

By the way, did you notice in the OP they say NO drugs were found, interesting that.

Not a one, none at all.

Makes you wonder hey.

Besides Thai,have a guess what the #1 nationality in Thai jails is,i will give you a hint,starts with N.Guess what they are in for?

No

Drugs

Were

Found.

Clear enough for you.

None.

Not a one.

Nothing.

• Like 1

The Thai police should target certain areas in cities in the north-east of Thailand, areas where the foreigners are not actually tourists, these are places where the long-term 'tourists' stay and hang around. The police might as well go to those places, and ask all the foreigners to show identification. We'ill see how many foreigners they find who have over-stayed their visa.

I know at least one Danish bloke, and one Norwegian, who constantly over-stay.

As a good citizen why don't you give immi a ring.

Why do some people here think the police did anything but a good job on this one?....

Do you think that churches are above the law?.... Do you think that all those Africans hanging around Nana are good citizens, here for an honest days work or just to spend their hard earned salaries on a nice holiday in Thailand?

remember all that spew when guys armed in assault rifles break in your door, find no narcotics, but don't like your documentation. if that happens to you, report back to us on your views then....

Don't write s... most of us are legit,don't make noise,get on with the locals and don't do drugs.So why are they gunna break down my door.In 38 years of coming to this country,i have never been asked for my passport besides immi.Speeding fines, army road block,police going through my car looking for yaa bar,drinking with cops in election curfew,never.Guess i'm lucky.

If they were so serious about opening a church then they would have regisered as one .If their patrons were so above board they wouldnt have dragged 20 percent of them away for being illegal .I used to live next this outfit and they are are pyscho .They stay up all night long screaming and chanting with a large sound system .I saw them drag a goat into to sacrifice one day .Illegal from the get go .Good riddence .I feel sorry for anyone that has to live next to this circus .Ask them to turn it down and be prepared for some 200 pound gangster types to threaten you .Hoodlums .

5555,goat sacrificed,you obviously don't get out much charles,or you would have seen and heard all the pigs that get sacrificed at a Thai wedding and all the goats that are killed after ramadan.

Sorry but Nigerians have such a bad reputation around the world, deserved or not, that they should be made to apply for a visa, even for a holiday, before they are allowed to visit Thailand.

This could help keep some of the less desirable ones away.

So do Russians Chiese & Israelis. Raid their homes, embassies and places of worship with militarized police swat teams? Genius thinking buddy.

I wish a SWAT team would raid those Cambodians near my Mom's house.

30 years ago they were burning crosses 300 yards away from there, which was one extreme I disagree with.

Now foreign folks seem to have taken over the neighborhood. It's in the middle of no where Florida as well. One nephew (I have many nephews & nieces) is a deputy sheriff in the local county.

I keep telling Mom to get him involved. She (78) refuses to do so as "That would be nepotism!"... She doesn't know the meaning of that word 'nepotism', but that's what she's saying, bless her heart.

Arrrgh!

I need to call that boy-sheriff/deputy myself I guess (he's 35 or so) & tell him to go put the fear of his badge into them or get some of his buddies to do so. That boy loves his grand-ma for sure.

Asian culture is quite exotic, and pretty cool, but...

Were they all born so stone-cold deaf that they have to play everything from disco music to Buddhist weddings to Buddhist funerals to Mosques at 5,999 million decibels?

Look up 28707 CR 46A Sorrento FL 32776 USA on Google Earth.

Quite incredible that I can be in Thailand and hear Asian music (which is cool at a decent volume level), over the phone, on my Mother's phone that is hundreds of yards/meters away.

Imagine playing Led Zepplin at that level in a Thai neighborhood. I'd enjoy it. I doubt they would though, so I never entertained the thought until just now.

The young ones around my way like Led Zep and ACDC at volume 10.Only for an hour or so in the arvo.

Not a one, none at all.

Makes you wonder hey.

No

Drugs

Were

Found.

Clear enough for you.

None.

Not a one.

Nothing.

Why do you keep repeating yourself...we know that no drugs were found, it said that in the first news report. The arrests were made on the basis of immigration offenses. The point about drugs is that this group of people have had a disproportionate involvement in drugs dealing and many are in thai jails for that reason. Others are in thai jails for other reasons. In general as a group they are disproportionately criminal, that's just a fact little man. If facts make you all upset, then take some medication to calm yourself down, because that's about the only way you'll escape from reality.,

i dont like the police raiding a place of cult heavily armed

Tough. Seems like a good result to me. Twenty per cent of the congregation busted for illegal immigration status.

churches are gathering points for many illegals who look for refuge. if the police busted this church why not others? I guarantee 100% the undocumented are at every church.

<deleted>, police, no respect whatsoever about peoples places of worship.

Not a one, none at all.

Makes you wonder hey.

No

Drugs

Were

Found.

Clear enough for you.

None.

Not a one.

Nothing.

Why do you keep repeating yourself...we know that no drugs were found, it said that in the first news report. The arrests were made on the basis of immigration offenses. The point about drugs is that this group of people have had a disproportionate involvement in drugs dealing and many are in thai jails for that reason. Others are in thai jails for other reasons. In general as a group they are disproportionately criminal, that's just a fact little man. If facts make you all upset, then take some medication to calm yourself down, because that's about the only way you'll escape from reality.,

Really, everyone knows...?

Not from what I'm reading, little man.

As for reality being what you preach, only in a nightmare world where intolerance, prejudice and bigotry have free reign.

Nigeria is a country in Africa and so is Zambia. When the Zambian PM died flags in Thailand were lowered to half mast. Thais respect African people, they r not racist but the posters on this thread topic are. Racism is wrong. Stop the hurt.

No, they are quite racist against them; how can you have not noticed?!

Sick puppy if you like a police state...different tune with arms turned your direction, wouldn't it be? Surely this was overly dramatic given a noise complaint.

Yes, all violators of the widely respected laws of the Kingdom should be tortured and strung up with piano wire, their faces smeared with soi dog turds, forced to eat sand and drink ammonia, after which they should be paraded in the town square, lashed to spiked poles and shot with exploding bullets. And then they should be taken away to be tortured some more. State violence is the only thing these lawbreakers understand.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." Never was a wiser platitude uttered. I don't know what it means exactly, but gosh, it sounds tough. Hey... and remember, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs - in a hot kitchen.

You make a great point Gemini... and if may add to it...

They should be broken at the wheel, after spending a week in the stocks, publicly flogged, and dunked in water to see if they float, as only the guilty float. The innocent just drown.

Oh yeah, burned at the stake as well in there somewhere for the Capital Crime of "not having 'proper' papers".

They are after all, from a country NOTORIOUS for having a corrupt government where scams abound, and everybody from said country is, by default guilty due to the passport they hold.

Not that Thailand has any scammers. Not that a Thai can get government benefits in Western countries, not that Obama cares about illegal immigration.

Nope. Only in Thailand where a foreigner can get zero, zilch, nada out of the Thai government should illegals be prosecuted for "breaking the rules".

NOT saying that some rules are not necessary, but when they are so... either not enforced or only, on occasion, selectively enforced, and then hear the "sheeple" screaming "Burn them!"???

I can only say that I'm glad that mob has been fortunate enough to have never been in some other folks' shoes and have had a perfect life.

I'm no bleeding-heart liberal either, yet I've been through a few times where I needed some help, time and a way to make my own path though.

I'm from the USA, and I have never taken anything in the way of a handout from the USA government.

I don't agree with bums what do, but don't agree with the "tar & feathers" approach for someone that has a certain skin color or passport either that has failed to jump thru a few idiotic hoops either.

Back to.....Can anyone point out a victim of anyone that overstayed their visa? Not talking about a scam they might have run, just the heinous crime of staying on one piece of real estate/country longer than what some politician said they could stay?

I've done it. Guess who I hurt? Zero, zip, nada nobody. I overstayed 2 years once. Cost the Thai tax payer zero, zip, nothing nada.

Yet I should be burned at the stake according to many on this forum.

I never recommend that anybody do what I did, and I did it many years ago.

Always do your best to abide within the laws, no matter how stupid they are, but don't vent venom at victim-less "crimes" please?

Don't know how I missed this part of the thread, Jaywalker, but please accept a belated "<deleted>" on!

Yes, all violators of the widely respected laws of the Kingdom should be tortured and strung up with piano wire, their faces smeared with soi dog turds, forced to eat sand and drink ammonia, after which they should be paraded in the town square, lashed to spiked poles and shot with exploding bullets. And then they should be taken away to be tortured some more. State violence is the only thing these lawbreakers understand.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." Never was a wiser platitude uttered. I don't know what it means exactly, but gosh, it sounds tough. Hey... and remember, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs - in a hot kitchen.

Heheheh... Way-2-Go, Globetrotter! Exploding bullets... then tortured some more... Good stuff, brother. Finding comments from guys like you and Bluespunk is akin to finding daisies in a litter box. Keep'em coming.

• Like 1

I am a white Englishman but I have lived in South Africa for the past 14 years but during and even before that time I

travelled widely in Africa, mainly for work. Posters here have mentioned other countries including Ghana and Zambia,

countries which I have visited on many occasions, and 99% of the people are great. Same with countries like Zimbabwe and

Namibia.

But when I visited Nigeria, which I have done three times, I could wait to leave. On my first visit I attended a reception

at one of the Home of the Commercial Secretary. The Ambassador also attended driven by his official driver, in is official

car c/w diplomatic plates. When he left he got less than a km from the reception when his car was hijacked and both he and

the driver were beaten.

Many Nigerians have little or no respect for anyone but there own so I stick by my earlier post that they should be made to apply for visas, to visit Thailand, before they leave their own country.

Also re a post I read a little while ago that Thais respect Black Africans I think that's wrong. I cannot count the times that I have heard a Thai refer to a Black African as a "Ling Dam"

Your average Thai knows what many Africans are doing in there country so if they don't like them why should anyone else want to take the (in this case) Nigerians side.

• Like 2

Nigerians make up the largest non Asian population in Thailand's prison system.

Not a one, none at all.

Makes you wonder hey.

No

Drugs

Were

Found.

Clear enough for you.

None.

Not a one.

Nothing.

Really, everyone knows...?

Not from what I'm reading, little man.

As for reality being what you preach, only in a nightmare world where intolerance, prejudice and bigotry have free reign.

Nah, there is very little intolerance, prejudice or bigotry going on here, apart from you and your ilk, the intolerant and prejudiced bigots who attack those who simply present facts and statistics as well as their own experiences.

If you want an environment where you can accuse perfectly decent people of being politically incorrect, or of being racists, then head off to the UK or other similar soft touch country. But I assure you that most people in the world are getting very tired of your brand of self serving bigotry and even in the UK the patience of decent people is running out at a very fast pace. And if you think it will wash here then you're going to be in for a huge shock. Just try it.

And to return to the issue at hand, if a bunch of people who are in the country on an illegal basis decide, instead of lying low and living quietly, to make a nuisance of themselves, draw attention to themselves by being loud and inconsiderate towards their neighbors, then they shouldn't be too surprised if their collars get felt and they get arrested and deported. It beggars belief that people who don't have the right visa or are on overstay etc, would not be cognizant of the risks and instead to carry on as if the laws somehow don't apply to them. Well, guess what, the laws do apply, the neighbors got sick and tired of the nuisance and disturbance and lack of respect and the result...a bunch of people are going to get deported and I'd say they brought that upon themselves. I only wish my own home country would take similar action against the hoards of undesirables that make life a misery for so many others.