Good service Chonburi Immigration Re Retirement/Extention

Went in to do my Extension/Retirement Visa today, arrived 10AM the place was packed, got retirement ticket at front desk and told to sit and wait for number to be called. 5 minutes later called to Retirement desk,biggrin.png lady asked for Passport and checked it, checked the front and rear of the TM7 form (Application for extension of stay in the Kingdom), checked the Stat Dec from the Australian Embassy re my finances, checked copies of front page of passport, checked date of entry and new Non-Immigrant ‘O’ Visa which was issued at Bangkok Immigration, checked TM6 number and Electric Bill with address on it. All had been signed on the bottom and the Mob No put on the bottom of TM7 Form. thumbsup.gif

Asked for TB1900 receipt issued with a red card and told to come back at 9AM tomorrow to pick up Passport. As we are leaving on the 7th for OZ, she said I could get a RE-Entry Permit after I get my Passport back tomorrow. I was out of there at 10-15AM Quick efficient service. w00t.gif See what transpires tomorrow.

• Like 2

Despite the occasional complaint posted, I have always found the Immigrations office at Jomtien to be efficient and helpful ... particularly if you have all your ducks in a row as you appear to have done. Make your application straight forward and organized and they'll handle it quickly and hassle-free.

Going for my 9th extension is a few weeks, so your report is very encouraging. Out of self-serving curiosity, did you go in more than 30 days before your current extension expired? I normally go in closer to 45 days early and have never encountered a problem with that, but there was a single rumor or rumor about a rumor about them only allowing 30 days early recently.

Edited by Suradit69

Despite the occasional complaint posted, I have always found the Immigrations office at Jomtien to be efficient and helpful ... particularly if you have all your ducks in a row as you appear to have done. Make your application straight forward and organized and they'll handle it quickly and hassle-free.

Going for my 9th extension is a few weeks, so your report is very encouraging. Out of self-serving curiosity, did you go in more than 30 days before your current extension expired? I normally go in closer to 45 days early and have never encountered a problem with that, but there was a single rumor or rumor about a rumor about them only allowing 30 days early recently.

No I had to apply in Bangkok for a Non-Immigrant 'O' this time as I was naughty and did not get a Re-Entry on my last Retirement/Extension.sad.png

But further I went in today and handed over the Red Card and was handed my Passport with a Retirement stamp in it. It runs out on the 11 Jan 2016.

Had paperwork filled out for application for Re-Entry Permit, that was all done within a half hour, so now all back on track again.thumbsup.gif

I asked Immigration re your question above applying early or late. Currently you can renew your Extension there 30 days before, if you want to do it 60 days before, you apply to see the boss there with your airticket and he will approve an early application.

A bit of gossip from the horses mouth. On the 1st Jan 2015, the Military are replacing the current boss of Chonburi Immigration with someone else.w00t.gif The staff at Chonburi are a bit worried about their positions as this new guy may be bringing his own staff with him.ermm.gif

No I had to apply in Bangkok for a Non-Immigrant 'O' this time as I was naughty and did not get a Re-Entry on my last Retirement/Extension.sad.png

But further I went in today and handed over the Red Card and was handed my Passport with a Retirement stamp in it. It runs out on the 11 Jan 2016.

Had paperwork filled out for application for Re-Entry Permit, that was all done within a half hour, so now all back on track again.thumbsup.gif

I asked Immigration re your question above applying early or late. Currently you can renew your Extension there 30 days before, if you want to do it 60 days before, you apply to see the boss there with your airticket and he will approve an early application.

A bit of gossip from the horses mouth. On the 1st Jan 2015, the Military are replacing the current boss of Chonburi Immigration with someone else.w00t.gif The staff at Chonburi are a bit worried about their positions as this new guy may be bringing his own staff with him.ermm.gif

"...a bit worried about their positions as this new guy may be bringing his own staff with him."

There have been changes of the boss in the past and most of the staff I'm familiar with were there before and after the change.

Of all the immigrations offices people post about here, it seems Jomtien would be the least in need to changes.

Were is this office you refer to in Chonburi ? is this the one in Si Racha ? I go to Si Racha so just would like to know if there is a closer one here in Chonburi. Thanks.

Chonburi Immigration is the main office in Jomtien, some call it Pattaya Immigration.thumbsup.gif