The Glasgow Rangers Thread.

Jockstar

Alan Gow made his Rangers debut after being acquired from league rival Falkirk. Gow replaced Nacho Novo in the 46th minute.

That's a first. I've never heard The Bairns being described as your league rivals. :o

Anyway, I hope that Gow does well at Ibrox next season. From what I've seen of him playing for Falkirk he has the skill but for a striker he doesn't score enough goals. I think he scored about 8 last season.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ferguson: Gers' armband loss came as a shock

Rangers skipper Barry Ferguson claims he has no idea why former manager Paul Le Guen axed him.

The Frenchman stripped Ferguson of the captaincy and dropped him from the first-team squad on New Year's Day.

Rangers won 1-0 at Motherwell the following day but Le Guen left the club days later and his replacement Walter Smith immediately reinstated the midfielder.

But Ferguson insists he never had any rows with Le Guen.

Ferguson told the Sunday Mail: 'Hand on heart, I don't know what my crime was with Le Guen. He never gave me a reason.

'I'd love to sit down with him and ask him why he took the captaincy away from me and said certain things about me.

'I'd love to know what went on but maybe I will never find out.

'It's not like we had an argument. We never argued once.

'Even my mates say I must have done something to him and when I tell them I didn't they think I'm winding them up.

'What happened between us was bizarre. I went to train the day before we played Motherwell and within five minutes I was no longer captain.

'I was told I wouldn't be playing and sent home. I was in a daze for days.'

Reports claimed Le Guen felt Ferguson had been disobeying his orders and causing friction by shouting at his team-mates.

But the 29-year-old said: 'It has been said I disobeyed instructions. I didn't because not once was I told what to do.

'When things aren't going right on the pitch you try your best to fix it.

'I'm a passionate guy and wanted to win. Maybe I was too passionate for Le Guen.

'I'm the kind of guy who will shout and bawl at team-mates. But I hate losing. I'm raging when I lose a game in training but is that a crime?

'I shout at players to try to make them better, not to be bad to them.

'Thankfully Walter Smith came in and worked things out - it was all sorted in a two-minute meeting.'