Sale price of 2014 Z1000 green black and silver

Badrabbit

Anyone have an idea what should be asked and would be a good price to sell a Z1000 ABS 2 months old, less than 2000 km's approx 20k extras, 1st class insurance, I have it advertised for 525k ovno which I think is a great deal!! love the bike but since owning it I want to tour, I can't imagine traveling thousands of km's on this bike so best to change to maybe the V Strom!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I travel all around thailand on mine . No problem .

I've done some longish trips, lack of wind protection is a problem for me, for touring I do not like wearing a back pack and tying a bag to the back is also something I'm not keen on, I bought the bike for fun which it certainly is but for me not good for very long trips, I'm not desperate to sell but if someone is interested then yes it can go, Edited by Badrabbit

If you're not getting any interest at 525K (which I agree sounds reasonable, but the bottom is falling out of the used bike market now that the price of new bikes is dropping), try 499K (breaking the 500K 'psychological barrier'.

It's a nice ride and you'll be taking a big hit- it's a shame you can't figure out a way to live with it.

• Like 2

Cheers for that, your right it's a great bike and I do love it and love riding it, I will keep it advertised for a while, wish I had the money to keep it and buy something else, as I said I'm not desperate to sell, I could always go backpack touring which might be good!

Bad I have had 3 liter & up Kawasaki 's & one Honda that I decked out for touring.most bikes are not that difficult to fit out. You could most likely use the touring equipment off a Versys & put a rack on the back & there you have it a tourer. It does not make any sense that your bike would not be a fantastic tour bike once fitted out. Unless the bike you have has some other problems you have not revealed that makes you think that it wouldn't be a good tour bike. Change your seating arrangement & your there. In fact my 1000cc Kawasaki was an excellent tourer. I did 38 states in the U.S. on it. You just need to set it up for touring.Any larger size bike can be set up as a touring bike. Unless you have a drag bike you intend on running 11-12 second 1/4 miles with.

Edited by Beardog
  • Like 1

a windscreen can offer better wind protection.

k speed has some for cheap, check it out: http://k-speed.tarad.com/product.detail_955707_th_5638722

Thanks but my mind is now set on a dedicated tourer, so any advice on a good price would be appreciated!

dont sell it badrabbit, you lose a lot and you are selling a really nice looking and performing naked at at very low kms

get a second hand honda cb500x for 160 - 170 k thb and call it a day. a cb500x more than enough for touring in Thailand IMO and keep z1000 for local rides with prestige and fun.

• Like 1

Bad I have had 3 liter & up Kawasaki 's & one Honda that I decked out for touring.most bikes are not that difficult to fit out. You could most likely use the touring equipment off a Versys & put a rack on the back & there you have it a tourer. It does not make any sense that your bike would not be a fantastic tour bike once fitted out. Unless the bike you have has some other problems you have not revealed that makes you think that it wouldn't be a good tour bike. Change your seating arrangement & your there. In fact my 1000cc Kawasaki was an excellent tourer. I did 38 states in the U.S. on it. You just need to set it up for touring.Any larger size bike can be set up as a touring bike. Unless you have a drag bike you intend on running 11-12 second 1/4 miles with.

There are no problems with the bike other than me thinking about comfort on very long rides, there is a pannier set for the Z1000 so I will look into that, at the moment I have a small bag strapped to the rear which holds my mini air compressor, a tank bag which holds puncture repair tools etc wallet, phone, passport holder! Edited by Badrabbit

Good luck but the used market has really collapsed this past year

You will seem many 2013 Z1000's sitting at low 400's with some great mods & not moving

If you really want to sell you need to really knock the price back just to be considered.

http://www.olx.co.th/search/?r=&q=z1000

Good Luck & maybe consider trade in?

Sometimes a dealer has more room

Good luck but the used market has really collapsed this past year

You will seem many 2013 Z1000's sitting at low 400's with some great mods & not moving

If you really want to sell you need to really knock the price back just to be considered.

http://www.olx.co.th/search/?r=&q=z1000

Good Luck & maybe consider trade in?

Sometimes a dealer has more room

I'm not that desperate to be prepared too lose a vast amount of money on the bike, I love it, it's just fantastic to drive so I am looking into ways to carry some luggage without having to wear a big backpack!!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1416891633.663418.jpg

This is the pannier set for the Z1000, this would be perfect and solve the luggage problems, feeling like the problem could be solved and the bike to be kept!

The Blaze would be perfect depending on the carrying capacity, I have emailed Panda to find out the size! Edited by Badrabbit

Badrabbit: keeping the bike is the best you could do I think. The second hand prices are way too low and after such a short timeframe you will just lose too much for the 2 months of fun. I've heard from 2 people in Europe that the Z1000 isn't bad at all for touring alone. Not sure if it would be also very good for two-up. Get the panniers, maybe a wind screen. If your butt hurts, you can always get a more comfy gel seat for example.

The bike wasn't bought for touring it was bought just for fun and not a daily user, now I have decided I want to tour but not on this bike, any thoughts on a good price would again be appreciated!!

You mind sharing an image?

post-225670-14169015061054_thumb.jpg

Their you go nickymaster and by the sea!

Edited by Badrabbit

Badrabbit: keeping the bike is the best you could do I think. The second hand prices are way too low and after such a short timeframe you will just lose too much for the 2 months of fun. I've heard from 2 people in Europe that the Z1000 isn't bad at all for touring alone. Not sure if it would be also very good for two-up. Get the panniers, maybe a wind screen. If your butt hurts, you can always get a more comfy gel seat for example.

I'm not prepared to lose a lot of money, I will go away soon and I'm sure it's going to be great, I will get the side panniers from Panda, the seat is not that bad, I can deal with the lack of wind protection, it's all about being able to carry some luggage but not on my back!!

Like other's suggested, the best you can do is fit it for touring, panniers, wind screen, maybe different handlebars for more upright position.

I did over a 1000 km per day a few times on my Ninja 300, didn't complain. The stock seat was fine too, all I did was move to right side of the seat for 5-10 min, then to a left side, when my butt was getting numb. Could ride looong times this way without taking breaks.

• Like 1

Like other's suggested, the best you can do is fit it for touring, panniers, wind screen, maybe different handlebars for more upright position.

I did over a 1000 km per day a few times on my Ninja 300, didn't complain. The stock seat was fine too, all I did was move to right side of the seat for 5-10 min, then to a left side, when my butt was getting numb. Could ride looong times this way without taking breaks.

Good advice, I've never driven long distances on a sport bike before so was just getting concerned about whether it would be fun, the bike is fun, I'll get the panniers sorted and plan a long trip away soon!

Givi side bracket and V35 side cases are 40k, a bit too much for me, hopefully the Blaze will be adequate at under 10k!

givi e21 and brackets etc all for less than 9000 thb at 320 SP Bangkok and GT Auto Bike http://www.gtautobike.com/?lang=th

moreover, why not a top box? they are cheaper, storage capacity as much as panniers, good for lane splitting and aerodynamically better. looks better on naked bikes.

Edited by ll2

Givi side bracket and V35 side cases are 40k, a bit too much for me, hopefully the Blaze will be adequate at under 10k!

givi e21 and brackets etc all for less than 9000 thb at 320 SP Bangkok and GT Auto Bike http://www.gtautobike.com/?lang=th

moreover, why not a top box? they are cheaper, storage capacity as much as panniers, good for lane splitting and aerodynamically better. looks better on naked bikes.

I think I will go with the Blaze panniers mainly because I would be able to put a bag on the back seat which would rest on top of the panniers, it would look much better than a top box!

I too think the panniers look better than the top box. And badrabbit is right, he can drop a big bag on top which will partially rest on the panniers.

I went on a dive trip once on my cruiser with side bags, I dropped my huge bag with my dive gear on the back and off I went.

Was the best weekend ever, got my riding and my diving fixes together in a few days!

Edited by Shurup
  • Like 1

Cheers for that, your right it's a great bike and I do love it and love riding it, I will keep it advertised for a while, wish I had the money to keep it and buy something else, as I said I'm not desperate to sell, I could always go backpack touring which might be good!

Yer keep it dude, it's the kind of bike that can scare the sh1t out of you.....but that's were the adrenaline starts to kick in.....and give you the thrill of your life!

Plus the Z1000 is a super cool looking 2 wheeler.

• Like 2

Yer keep it dude, it's the kind of bike that can scare the sh1t out of you.....but that's were the adrenaline starts to kick in.....and give you the thrill of your life!

Plus the Z1000 is a super cool looking 2 wheeler.

Yes it can be scary, it's a lot of fun and commands a lot off attention out on the road! Edited by Badrabbit