Yingluck says she won't run in next election, wants to be a social worker

webfact

I think what she actually meant was that she would like to join a puppet theatre and pretend to be a social worker, in line with her qualifications and work experience.

Imagine Yingluk the social worker arriving at a dirt floor hut, and the widow of a suicided rice farmer trying to get advice on how to raise children in abject poverty and debt to loan sharks. I could get better advice on quantum physics from my dog.

• Like 2

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A significant number of Thais seem to like her.

A significant number of posters on this forum seem to loathe her.

I wonder whether this says more about the Thai electorate (not that they count for anything at the moment), or more about the posters who loathe her......

Even out of power, and possibly facing impeachment or criminal charges, she certainly puts the wind up the Junta. Why could that be?

A significant number of Thais believe in ghosts, that they can buy remission of their sins, and that the Shinawatras are nice people too rich to be corrupt. Around the world, there are billions of otherwise sensible people with similarly stupid beliefs. You don't HAVE to be one of them.

• Like 1

fab4 post 71.

Oh I think I succeeded, you just don't want to admit it. Try reading through your post again - and then lighten up................................................tongue.png.pagespeed.ce.O9ee8wW_pL.png

Indeed it is the mark of an egotistical character that they never take their own comment and advice to heart.
Perhaps you might well benefit from the taking some of your own medicinal advice.

I have met and talked with Yingluck. I thought she was nice. I think she would be a good social worker.

I am not involved in politics and don't choose sides.

Yes my wife briefly spoke with her when she was PM and was very taken by her charming nature-

I wish her well.

She certainly impressed many Australians in the Capital when she visited ...

Too nice a person for Thai politics these days.

is that when she visited the country of Sydney?

She (my wife ) was in Canberra The Australian Capital - May 2012 -

Sydney is Australia's largest city but neither a country or capital .

Though its nice enough , especially the Northern beaches-

The reality is like it or not she was very popular in her travels -

And its a matter of record she seems very sincere and nice.

As i said she was very impressive as Charming

I was hoping that at best that ball would go over your head. At worst it would go through to the keeper.

Instead it hit you square in the back of your head.

I think Fred made you just look silly ...but did so politely .

As for YS I think she might have been out of her depth as PM , but seems to be a person of good character .

She has still a very large amount of love from ordinary people Thai , or otherwise.

Haters can go on hating and military force people to say otherwise or pretend they are happy with the status Quo

Nice to see the Yingluck name still bringing out all the misogynistic comments here on TVF .

She has held her pride and dignity right throughout and has carried herself well despite the enormous pressure on her.

If this one headline can rattle the few on here to such an extent then imagine the shivers it must send done the spine of the junta.

No wonder the general is always unhappy as he will never enjoy the popularity of the former elected PM.

She's achieved a lot more in her life both in business and in politics than the sorry lot on here with their bar stool comments.

Being against someone who lies, breaks oaths and acts illegally in high office is not misogynistic, No one is against her based on her sex.

She has achieve bugger all. Born into a wealthy family, she has had a very easy life. University, a Master's degree passed in the English language which she seems to have forgotten, jobs in her brother's companies, senior role in her brother's companies, placed in her brother's political party, made PM by her brother, told what to do by her brother, removed from office for acting illegally to benefit a family member, her former administration removed following mass protests about an whitewash amnesty she was trying to ram through for her brother.

She is a reasonable actress, but lazy to learn her lines, and a loyal member of her extended Chinese Thai HiSo family who does as the patriarch instructs.

I know it's futile and certainly pixxxing into the winds of flatulence, bile, hatred and venom that prevail here but she was PM of a party that won a substantial majority in an election and she was not removed from office for acting illegally, she was removed by an illegal military coup.

You're a funny one to talk about illegal actions.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/767382-got-stopped-tonight/#entry8515765

Yes, of course.

And there isn't much difference between taking the piss ( or even drinking it ) and a military coup and the imposition of martial law, to remove an elected government.

Good of you to notice and recall the similarities between posts.

i saw her give a speech in rural somchai shack. the old man there knew she was losing face and it was a serious matter. he did not have to speak, just the slightest look told the whole story. and boy did she look nervous. and the old man could feel through her words and feel her, he was not even listening to what she was saying. but he knew tthhaaaiiii! ttthhhaaaaiiiii! with the latest fashions! bought on the latest promotions! that the rural people were the real backbone here and they did not have to speak to know what would occur. they willed it in silent smiles snd grimaces and strange looks and sneaks and peeks snd massages and sometimes short coffees...

Guess yingluck had another attitude adjustment.

Doesn't Matter. Even if all the ptp are purged from the planet. The non Democrats would still not win an election. The people will vote for someone else. They know that, which is why they want a fully appointed Senate. Wonder who will do the appointing. people love prayut very much. But I dont think they have the same love for the pdrc.

I have met and talked with Yingluck. I thought she was nice. I think she would be a good social worker.

Yes my wife briefly spoke with her when she was PM and was very taken by her charming nature-

I wish her well.

I was hoping that at best that ball would go over your head. At worst it would go through to the keeper.

As for YS I think she might have been out of her depth as PM , but seems to be a person of good character .

She has still a very large amount of love from ordinary people Thai , or otherwise.

Haters can go on hating and military force people to say otherwise or pretend they are happy with the status Quo

if anything, after reading the news this morning, my comment about the ball in the back of the head is in bad taste. Apologies.
  • Like 1

I wish her well.

if anything, after reading the news this morning, my comment about the ball in the back of the head is in bad taste. Apologies.

Visited the country of Sydney? Sydney is the capital of New South Wales. Australia is the country, Canberra is the Capital of the country, which is correct.

Sydney is the largest city in Australia (the country)…and Canberra is the capital of the Nation

I think most TVF posters know this, but our ex-PM, who may be very nice but is obviously geographically challenged (amongst other serious deficiencies) did make a referral to the 'country of Sydney'. Thank you three times.

Edited by halloween
  • Like 1

Whahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha......whahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. When you thought u had a bad day and then read this headline. Made me laugh out loud. OMG

Amazing Thailand

Edited by myluckythai

she should run because the majority of thais like her..but i understand the army told her to get ouf of politic<deleted.

Based on what - you liking her?

The majority of Thais didn't vote for her in 2011. She has lost many,many supporters since then. Too many remember the broken vows and meaningless promises.

again i said thais i did not say krungthepers

Neither did I. And the majority of Thais didn't vote for her. And she has lost support among Thais since the 2011 election.

In the poorly written article where does it state that she wont run in the next election. A totally misleading headline. A social worker? With what qualifications but then she did become PM without any.

Well if I recall the main qualification required to become Prime Minister was to have won the general election. (Yes I know things are different now in our brave new world of bringing happiness, and probably will be once all the reforms are implemented).

Yingluck certainly won the general election. Something no-one in power now has. Therefore I suggest she was qualified.