Thailand absent from Tour de France 2016 announcement

webfact

Nooooooooo this can't be true. They said they had it and I have already booked my flights, accommodation and got quality tickets from Somchai the tuk tuk driver. That's it, if they don't have Wimbledon and the Melbourne Cup next year I am going to be really pissed. Not happy Jan.

Somchai's a prick.

Next year Bangkok will host the New York Marathon, the Melbourne Coup (sorry cup), the Daytona (500), and following Vanessa Mae's courageous efforts Thailand will submit a bid to host the 2022 winter Olympics. Is there no limit to the vision of Thailand's Tourist Authority?

Can't see the winter olympics coming through TBH. It would conflict with high season on Koh Tao.

The F1 race in Thailand next year is still to proceed right?

TBF, having the F1 which travels around the globe is probably a distinct possibility in the coming years should Red Bull continue to have participate and have a measure of success.

Not sure what the high society types from around the world will make of the facilities, F&B, accommodation provision etc in Buriram though.

Not to mention health care provision for drivers.

Err... how about Thailand having the cure for ebola? That would be a unique selling point where healthcare provision is concerned, no? w00t.gif

Quote from OP "Manche, named after the French term for the English Channel that separates the country from Britain, has played host to a Tour stage 23 times since 2011, most recently in 2013 when an individual time-trial ended at Mont Saint-Michel."

! Only 3 years have gone by since 2011 and yet Manche has hosted TDF 23 times? WOW!!! Impressive!!! I wonder if the TDF organizers will be invited for a meeting at a certain Camp?

Well spotted ... the original release by the French organiser writes the Manche played host to a Tour stage 23 times between 1911 and 2013 : another example of inaccurate reporting ...

Anyway the pictures will be impressive ...

tour-de-france-mont-saint-michel-1088863

Has there been some slippage in the earth plates that the US jet propulsion department hasn't heard about or something the earth shattering tabernacle choir hasn't been told, Thailand last time I looked wasn't near France and on the strength of that, Tour De France means just that, a tour of France, if you want a Thailand one, go for Tour De Thailand. Now that's a thought. coffee1.gif

Anyone who seriously thought that the Tour de France could start in Thailand (or be held in Thailand( must be incredibly naive. I think TAT do not even know that France is in Europe. And those who think that it could start here must be ..... well naive!

Can you actually be absent from something you were never on or ever in the running to be on?

I mean if that's the case I'd like to know why I was absent from:

The Oscar nominations

The New Year's Honours list

The worlds most handsome man poll

The Olympic squad

Playboy mansions Christmas Party

In fact any of the places or events you see others going to and think

"why not me?"

What a <deleted>'n class A buffoon this self elected demigod of a PM is. I thought the others were real "pieces of work", but this guy is really putting the sinker into this lovely country. Feeling so sorry for the lovely people of Thailand. But you've brought in on yourselves. It's a sad thing that in a place that puts so much importance on the ridiculous concept of "Loss Of Face", you are the laughing stock of the world.

• Like 1