Thai government blocking link to news of riots in Ferguson, MO USA

connda

Interesting. I was having problems connecting to news articles about the Grand Jury indictment in Ferguson, MO in the US and the rioting that is happening. I was linked by VPN to the US, but dropped the VPN link to see if I could get a faster connection without the VPN. Tried to link to an article titled, "Obama begs for calm as rioters set fires and attack police cars in Ferguson after grand jury refuses to indict police officer in Michael Brown case" published by Mail Online but I'm redirected to the MICT blocking page???

What content in this article could be considered "unacceptable" by the Thai authorities. Totally at a loss. I'm now interested in what else they block in regards to the rioting. Back to the VPN.

www.nbcnews.com which used to be my homepage is now "Access Denied".

This morning a US-based friend sent me an email with a link to a science related article published by nbcnews.com - Access Denied too.

This what I get :

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.nbcnews.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.8f9190cb.1416906598.4378c20

This morning a US-based friend sent me an email with a link to a science related article published by nbcnews.com - Access Denied too.

This what I get :

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.nbcnews.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.8f9190cb.1416906598.4378c20

I don't have a problem accessing it with TOT in Pattaya.

Mail Online has been blocked for months over another issue.

hehe finally got around the other day to find out why

If you use Opera web browser, tick Turbo and it will bypass any local internet blocks/filtering with the expense of abit of extra latency

No problem accessing it or the Science section on 3BB Chiang Mai.

Opens fine for me also. I have accessed probably a half dozen major U.S. news websites like CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, Bloomberg, etc., today in doing my typical jumping around/reading from numerous news services....they all opened fine and everyone was carrying the Ferguson story on their home page. Yeap, no problem in accessing any of my usual websites. I'm on True in Bangkok.