Best Pattaya hospital for Thai Social Security

tolsti

I have just moved to Pattaya and need to choose a Pattaya hospital to nominate for my Social Security health cover. I also have private cover so this is not a post about which is better.

Can someone with personal. first hand experience of the local hospitals, using the Thai Social Security scheme, offer any advice.

Previously on Phuket my nominated hospital was Mission Hospital and I was very pleased with their care. Regrettably they don't have a set up in Pattaya.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I thing, the only one in Pattaya (you can choose)is in Banglamung (north Pattaya)

(669 M.5, Naklua, Bang Lamung)

As far as I know, you can choose (if you register) one outside f.e. in Siracha.

Srirachas Queen Vadhana Memorial Hospital (may has branches in Pattaya

Queen Sirikit Hospital Sattahip

http://www.sso.go.th/wpr/home_eng.jsp?lang=en

Edited by dieter1

I thing, the only one in Pattaya (you can choose)is in Banglamung (north Pattaya)

(669 M.5, Naklua, Bang Lamung)

http://www.sso.go.th/wpr/home_eng.jsp?lang=en

This is correct, it is the only hospital on the list within Pattaya, be careful if you choose it and don;t like it as you can only change 1 time per year

Edited by bazmlb

When I moved from Bkk to the darkside, the SSO in Nonthaburi told me the closest was Laem Chabang 20-odd kilos away. No other hospitals were mentioned back then (3 years ago), they basically gave it to me as a fait accompli. I'm not impressed with LC. Recently a new hospital opened at Soi Buakaew, but I know nothing of it other than what others say - it's an SS (:)) hospital but probably very light on facilities because of its newness - can anyone expand on that?

When I moved from Bkk to the darkside, the SSO in Nonthaburi told me the closest was Laem Chabang 20-odd kilos away. No other hospitals were mentioned back then (3 years ago), they basically gave it to me as a fait accompli. I'm not impressed with LC. Recently a new hospital opened at Soi Buakaew, but I know nothing of it other than what others say - it's an SS (smile.png) hospital but probably very light on facilities because of its newness - can anyone expand on that?

This one does not accept social security or 30 baht scheme, its cash and insurance clients only. Might change in the future but nothing in social security news letter.

All the people now get assigned to Banglamung Hospital

You can not chose. Social Security office assigns one for you and it will be Banglamung Hospital

Not my experience, sorry. In Bkk I was allowed to nominate my hospital, and when I moved down to the Eastern Seaboard, the SSO staff at head office in Nonthaburi helped me to select the closest hospital that I wanted to go to. At the time, Banglamung was not mentioned (it's possible that could have been an over-sight, though).

The Buakaew hospital - I'll have to take your word on it, but previous posters in other threads had said it was SS. Might need to check that with SSO head office.

You can not chose. Social Security office assigns one for you and it will be Banglamung Hospital

Not my experience, sorry. In Bkk I was allowed to nominate my hospital, and when I moved down to the Eastern Seaboard, the SSO staff at head office in Nonthaburi helped me to select the closest hospital that I wanted to go to. At the time, Banglamung was not mentioned (it's possible that could have been an over-sight, though).

The Buakaew hospital - I'll have to take your word on it, but previous posters in other threads had said it was SS. Might need to check that with SSO head office.

I can only speak from experience in Pattaya, do not know about BKK.

All my staff for past at least 5 years, all get assigned to Banglamung.

BKK may well be different as there are many gov hospitals and also a lot more people.

When I moved from Bkk to the darkside, the SSO in Nonthaburi told me the closest was Laem Chabang 20-odd kilos away. No other hospitals were mentioned back then (3 years ago), they basically gave it to me as a fait accompli. I'm not impressed with LC. Recently a new hospital opened at Soi Buakaew, but I know nothing of it other than what others say - it's an SS (smile.png) hospital but probably very light on facilities because of its newness - can anyone expand on that?

This one does not accept social security or 30 baht scheme, its cash and insurance clients only. Might change in the future but nothing in social security news letter.

This has recently changed, at least for some Pattaya residents. Link to news article.

This has recently changed, at least for some Pattaya residents. Link to news article.

Do not think so, quote from the linked article

A spokesperson told Pattaya Mail that the hospital is fully equipped and ready for patients, but they don’t accept any source of health insurance as of yet. In the future they will, but they haven’t declared as to when.

Do not think so, quote from the linked article

A spokesperson told Pattaya Mail that the hospital is fully equipped and ready for patients, but they dont accept any source of health insurance as of yet. In the future they will, but they havent declared as to when.

I'd say that quote is about accepting private health care insurance.

Did you read this part of the article?

Pattaya residents in Moo 10, 11 and 12 villages can register for free medical care at the Soi Buakaow hospital or by calling 036-103-900

Additionally there are two posters in the link I provided that state theyve already signed up.

Pattaya residents in Moo 10, 11 and 12 villages can register for free medical care at the Soi Buakaow hospital or by calling 036-103-900

Additionally there are two posters in the link I provided that state theyve already signed up.

Missed that one, but reading the replies, some people stated they live in the zones but were not successful at signing up.

Would be good to hear from those who have signed up and were successful.

Missed that one, but reading the replies, some people stated they live in the zones but were not successful at signing up.

Would be good to hear from those who have signed up and were successful.

Agreed, would be good to hear from those who successfully have signed up.

Havent tried to register myself, just recently read this news article and figured I pipe in.

OK, thanks folks.... have gone for the Sriracha options as they have clinics in Pattaya as well.

Secondary (as they seem to say to Ooooobamaaa)..... transferring medical records? my file at Mission is about 3 inches thick.... any idea how I can get these pretty crucial records or copies of them so that I can present them to the new Dr.

Thankfully I have about 2 months worth of meds with me but want to obviate having to go through days of tests only to be told what we already know.

^^^ Usually you get a summary of your records, not the whole bundle, when you transfer. But I hope you don't have my experience. I went to Sikharin, where I've been treated for heart problems for several years, and they said no worries we'll transfer your records, but we'll mail them to you and you can give them to your new hospital. So what arrived in the mail? Four slips of paper detailing four previous blood tests - nothing else. Unbelievable stupidity.