Extra requirements now needed for a Marriage Visa - Foreign Male

Just an update on Phuket Immi who seem all over the shop.

After the recent postings about the need to register address (apart from the 90 day report) my partner went to Phuket Immi to get the TM28 and TM30 forms (as I can only write verrry slowly and like to have everything filled out before attending).

On showing them my passport downstairs they said we don't have the forms.

So upstairs and asked the Sgt. Major - same reply - don't need. He checked and said "Everything in computer".

Being persistent she checked with the farang volunteers - don't have, don't need - only the TM7 and bank/Embassy letters (for pensions plus deposit).

I bet that's changed by the time I go in two weeks!

Just an update on Phuket Immi who seem all over the shop.

After the recent postings about the need to register address (apart from the 90 day report) my partner went to Phuket Immi to get the TM28 and TM30 forms (as I can only write verrry slowly and like to have everything filled out before attending).

On showing them my passport downstairs they said we don't have the forms.

So upstairs and asked the Sgt. Major - same reply - don't need. He checked and said "Everything in computer".

Being persistent she checked with the farang volunteers - don't have, don't need - only the TM7 and bank/Embassy letters (for pensions plus deposit).

I bet that's changed by the time I go in two weeks!

You can download the forms you don't need here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download Fill them out before you go and then if Phuket Immigration decides you do need the forms they told you they don't need, you'll have them. smile.png

I was just there a few days ago and downstairs at the counter where customers can fill-out their forms they did have copies of the TM 30 form (Registration Form for the Owner of Residence). I took one in case it is needed for my retirement extension next year.

So having children means even more documents are required, only in Thailand.

I for one am outraged.

Fancy immigration requiring documents to confirm paternity before granting a visa.

How backward.

It's so easy to get visas into the UK and USA. They let anything pass and are the epitome of compassion

If you continue the comparison forward - having children and a wife in the U.S. or U.K. would get you permanent residencey and an easy path toward citizenship - unlike here in Thailand.

So having children means even more documents are required, only in Thailand.

I for one am outraged.

Fancy immigration requiring documents to confirm paternity before granting a visa.

How backward.

It's so easy to get visas into the UK and USA. They let anything pass and are the epitome of compassion

Well, at least it is in the USA! All you need to do is fly to Canada or Mexico and cross into the country illegally. You'll be rewarded with a green card and a pathway to citizenship. Now - for all those foreign nationals wishing to enter the US the correct and legal way, well the emperor president has told you, "so sad too bad suckers. Do it illegally and maybe you'll get in along with your extended family." Personally I'm glad that Thailand enforces it's immigration policy although I'd like to see it loosened up a little for foreigners married to Thai Nationals.

I see you can get FOX News here in Thailand.

• Like 1

the letter from the bank had to be done the same day of the renewal in Loei....

i foned korat immigration to be sure about this "Law" they say obey your immigration office ,my repeated fonecall to advocate my right to know the real law

was met by plug pulling ....they actualy pull the plug of their fone for the rest of the afternoon

I'm glad someone posted about this. I have some questions too.

I will be doing my first extension in a month or so for non-o based on marriage at Bkk Changwatana. Do we need to bring a witness 1 or 2 or none?

Also we rent a apartment, do I have to register my our address? If so how? Or is my rent contract and rent recite good enough? Also there was something else mentioned about landlords house registration???

And do I need 2 copies of everything even tm-7

Also my kor-2 will be about 7 months old when I apply for extension. Do I need a updated one from amphor?

In my case, the village leader signed a document at our government Amphur offices stating I lived in the village. If you live in a village (as opposed to in the city), a signed document witnessed by a government official at the Amphur may suffice. If you live in the city, I have no idea.

hi while we are on this thread i am currently on a multi entry O based on retirement and want to change to an extension based on marriage, do i have to start from scratch or can i extend based on marriage and bringing all the correct documents

hi while we are on this thread i am currently on a multi entry O based on retirement and want to change to an extension based on marriage, do i have to start from scratch or can i extend based on marriage and bringing all the correct documents

You apply for the extension based upon marriage during the last 30 days of any 90 day entry your visa allows.

You applied for an extension of stay based upon marriage not a marriage visa which does not exist.

Hi Ubon Joe,

I'm about to apply for an extension of stay based on me being married to my Thai wife. Could you please give me a list of requirements needed?

I have the following already:

• Letter from my Embassy showing my income from overseas. (my payslips and my bank statements)
  • Photos of my wife and I inside and outside of our house (house number showing)
  • Map to show where our house is.
  • Map to show directions to where our house is.
  • Copy of house rental agreement.
  • Copy of passport page
  • Copy of visa
  • Copy of entry stamp
  • Copy of TM6
  • Passport photos
  • Non immigrant O visa (re-entry permit till 11th December 2014
  • Copy of marriage certificate
  • My wedding certificate is a Kor Ror 3 and why do I need a Kor Ror 2 that's less than 1 year old?
  • On the TM 7 how many days do I put for the extension? Is it 365?

Thanks very much.

Phil

Unless you are applying in Bangkok you will need 2 copies of everything attached to 2 TM7 forms.

You wife's house book and ID card.

At most offices you will need a signed copy of your landlords house book and ID card attached to the rental agreement.

Some offices will want copies of every visa/entry you have done.

You need an updated copy of the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry to prove you are still married.

You write 365 days.

Photos for TM7 form is 4cm X 6cm. The standard 2' X 2' passport photo will work also (I have trimmed them to the 4cm width). Some countries now use 3.5cm X 4.5cm photos for passports which are to small.

Hi Ubon Joe

Thanks for all the information. I'm off to Immigration just now. One last question. Do I need a Thai witness when I apply for the extension?

Phil

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

You apply for the extension based upon marriage during the last 30 days of any 90 day entry your visa allows.

thanks joe