Extra requirements now needed for a Marriage Visa - Foreign Male

Hope this helps someone! The requirements maybe different at another office I applied for this visa on Monday at Phuket Immigration. As well as the standard docs required(see attachment).

You will also need,

1. Register your house address in the downstairs office of Phuket Imm

2. A Thai witness and a copy of their Thai ID and Tabian Baan both signed.

3. If you have kids you will also need pictures of your wife, yourself and the children inside/outside the house

4. Copy of the Tabian Baan showing your kids name and also their birth certificate

All the best!

post-46140-0-67147600-1417089003_thumb.j

• Like 1

You applied for an extension of stay based upon marriage not a marriage visa which does not exist.

Hi Ubon Joe,

I'm about to apply for an extension of stay based on me being married to my Thai wife. Could you please give me a list of requirements needed?

I have the following already:

• Letter from my Embassy showing my income from overseas. (my payslips and my bank statements)
  • Photos of my wife and I inside and outside of our house (house number showing)
  • Map to show where our house is.
  • Map to show directions to where our house is.
  • Copy of house rental agreement.
  • Copy of passport page
  • Copy of visa
  • Copy of entry stamp
  • Copy of TM6
  • Passport photos
  • Non immigrant O visa (re-entry permit till 11th December 2014
  • Copy of marriage certificate
  • My wedding certificate is a Kor Ror 3 and why do I need a Kor Ror 2 that's less than 1 year old?
  • On the TM 7 how many days do I put for the extension? Is it 365?

Thanks very much.

Phil

There are two different "marriage visa's as you call them but as said it's a visa based upon marriage. What you write is the same visa but based upon the relatons hip with your children.

Mostly it's a "or" situation and not both, well at least at Khon Kaen immigration. Unless there is suspicion the marriage is not real, no need for details of kids. Details for kids mostly needed when NOT married but in relationship or just to visit/be with your kids.

I received my extension based on marriage last week in Chiang Mai (it was my 5th time)...

In addition to items you mention, Phil, i had to provide the marriage sworn notary statement (as mentioned in OP) and translation of document... and copy of USA marriage certificate, but again, no translation of that..

Interesting that i had to provide sworn notary (consular) for income also, but that is also in english and no translation required.

Also, needed to have a copy of every page in my passport which had to do with Thailand, since my first visit here (in this passport, that goes back about 6 0r 7 yrs)...

I hope you know that what one immigration office requires is not necessarily what YOUR office will require... items sometime vary from office to office (see recent

issues around getting EDU visa extensions as a good example)...

mileage may vary

You applied for an extension of stay based upon marriage not a marriage visa which does not exist.

Hi Ubon Joe,

I'm about to apply for an extension of stay based on me being married to my Thai wife. Could you please give me a list of requirements needed?

I have the following already:

• Letter from my Embassy showing my income from overseas. (my payslips and my bank statements)
  • Photos of my wife and I inside and outside of our house (house number showing)
  • Map to show where our house is.
  • Map to show directions to where our house is.
  • Copy of house rental agreement.
  • Copy of passport page
  • Copy of visa
  • Copy of entry stamp
  • Copy of TM6
  • Passport photos
  • Non immigrant O visa (re-entry permit till 11th December 2014
  • Copy of marriage certificate
  • My wedding certificate is a Kor Ror 3 and why do I need a Kor Ror 2 that's less than 1 year old?
  • On the TM 7 how many days do I put for the extension? Is it 365?

Thanks very much.

Phil

Unless you are applying in Bangkok you will need 2 copies of everything attached to 2 TM7 forms.

You wife's house book and ID card.

At most offices you will need a signed copy of your landlords house book and ID card attached to the rental agreement.

Some offices will want copies of every visa/entry you have done.

You need an updated copy of the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry to prove you are still married.

You write 365 days.

Photos for TM7 form is 4cm X 6cm. The standard 2' X 2' passport photo will work also (I have trimmed them to the 4cm width). Some countries now use 3.5cm X 4.5cm photos for passports which are to small.

• Like 1

It's so easy to get visas into the UK and USA. They let anything pass and are the epitome of compassion

You have got to be joking at least as far as the UK is concerned - both as regards the ease of getting visas and being the epitome of compassion! Don't get me started on the bloody performance we had to go through 5 years ago at the totally uncaring, insensitive and inflexible hands of the British immigration authorities just so that my Thai wife could accompany me on a 12-day trip back to the UK! The process I have to go through here at annual extension of stay time is a doddle in comparison!

Edited by OJAS

OP,

I just extended based on marriage at another province and these requirements appear standard:

1. Register your house address - this should already have been done for your 90 Day notifications if you had a prior extension, if not then required going forward.

2. A Thai witness and a copy of their Thai ID and Tabian Baan both signed - your wife's should be fine, this is ALSO required from your landlord + rental agreement if renting.

3. Pictures of your wife, yourself and the children inside/outside the house - 4 pics, 1 of outside, others must include bedroom (cohabitation) and family life (my wife was confirmed that we had no kids)

4. Copy of the Tabian Baan showing your kids name and also their birth certificate - per 3, I'll defer to someone else here!

Just did an extension based on marriage at Chiang Mai.

No witnesses required

One photo at the house number

Just the basic ID forms and bank book etc

They did ask for signatures at immigration not ahead of time and the signatures were to be small to fit inside their stamp.

All very reasonable.

I think house visits and witnesses etc are like an audit they happen but not so often.

So having children means even more documents are required, only in Thailand.

I for one am outraged.

Fancy immigration requiring documents to confirm paternity before granting a visa.

How backward.

It's so easy to get visas into the UK and USA. They let anything pass and are the epitome of compassion

Well, at least it is in the USA! All you need to do is fly to Canada or Mexico and cross into the country illegally. You'll be rewarded with a green card and a pathway to citizenship. Now - for all those foreign nationals wishing to enter the US the correct and legal way, well the emperor president has told you, "so sad too bad suckers. Do it illegally and maybe you'll get in along with your extended family." Personally I'm glad that Thailand enforces it's immigration policy although I'd like to see it loosened up a little for foreigners married to Thai Nationals.

Edited by connda

mines due for extension on the 19th December but I am getting a 60 day extension as I cant get to Bangkok till later in January to get my embassy to do the necessary paperwork. I will just do it when I have all the paperwork probably early feb. Was a bit worried as the immigration people told my wife that if I get a 60 day extension I cant get my yearly one because of it , does anyone know if this is correct

A guy recently back from Kap Choeng (Buriram Immigration) reported that he also had to show a bank statement showing that he was actually spending money in Thailand or his bank book. Just take evrything with two copies of everything.

A Thai witness and a copy of their Thai ID and Tabian Baan both signed.

I don't understand this. I'm on my fourth extension and never had a Thai witness. On the original (1st) extension we did have the village leader sign a statement that I lived in the village that was witnessed at the Amphur government offices, but I can't remember if that was for Immigration or in order to get my own Tabian Baan (yellow book).

Edited by connda

A Thai witness and a copy of their Thai ID and Tabian Baan both signed.

I don't understand this. I'm on my fourth extension and never had a Thai witness. On the original (1st) extension we did have the village leader sign and statement that I lived in the village that was witnessed at the Amphur government offices.

Seems you only need the Thai witness on your first extension. The village leader was your Thai witness on your first application.

• Like 1

Started here on an O visa, changed to retirement. Then I was asked for a bottle of perfume by the captain of the immigration office, to ensure that there was no problem with my paperwork. Took her picture and told her, no, I am not paying you to do your job. Changed back to an O visa, quite like the trip to Laos for bread and wine every 90 days.Hull consulate then couldn't be bothered to update their online forms to reflect the new regs, caused me to almost miss my flight, Inefficient lot even gave me the wrong info on a further email, so I had to settle for double entry tourist visa.

All in All, I think the lunatics are running the asylum here, nothing wrong with me, I'm a pencil sharpener w00t.gif

So having children means even more documents are required, only in Thailand.

I for one am outraged.

Fancy immigration requiring documents to confirm paternity before granting a visa.

How backward.

Well, at least it is in the USA! All you need to do is fly to Canada or Mexico and cross into the country illegally. You'll be rewarded with a green card and a pathway to citizenship. Now - for all those foreign nationals wishing to enter the US the correct and legal way, well the emperor president has told you, "so sad too bad suckers. Do it illegally and maybe you'll get in along with your extended family." Personally I'm glad that Thailand enforces it's immigration policy although I'd like to see it loosened up a little for foreigners married to Thai Nationals.

This is not a political thread about immigration in the US

You have got to be joking at least as far as the UK is concerned - both as regards the ease of getting visas and being the epitome of compassion! Don't get me started on the bloody performance we had to go through 5 years ago at the totally uncaring, insensitive and inflexible hands of the British immigration authorities just so that my Thai wife could accompany me on a 12-day trip back to the UK! The process I have to go through here at annual extension of stay time is a doddle in comparison!

Sarcasm is lost on some

• Like 2

I'm glad someone posted about this. I have some questions too.

I will be doing my first extension in a month or so for non-o based on marriage at Bkk Changwatana. Do we need to bring a witness 1 or 2 or none?

Also we rent a apartment, do I have to register my our address? If so how? Or is my rent contract and rent recite good enough? Also there was something else mentioned about landlords house registration???

And do I need 2 copies of everything even tm-7

Also my kor-2 will be about 7 months old when I apply for extension. Do I need a updated one from amphor?

Edited by keithet

I will be doing my first extension in a month or so for non-o based on marriage at Bkk Changwatana. Do we need to bring a witness 1 or 2 or none?

Also we rent a apartment, do I have to register my our address? If so how? Or is my rent contract and rent recite good enough? Also there was something else mentioned about landlords house registration???

Also my kor-2 will be about 7 months old when I apply for extension. Do I need a updated one from amphor?

You will be doing an extension of stay based upon marriage. Visas are not extended.

You will not need witnesses at CW. They probably will do a home visit instead.

Your rental contract will be needed when you apply for the extension there is no registration. It would be good to have a copy of the owners house book and ID card in case they want that also.

At CW you will only need one TM7 form and a set of copies to attach to it.

Reports for CW indicate you do not need an updated Kor Ror 2 but that can always change. My advise is to get an updated one since they are so easy to get at any Amphoe or Khet (20 baht).

You will be doing an extension of stay based upon marriage. Visas are not extended.

You will not need witnesses at CW. They probably will do a home visit instead.

Your rental contract will be needed when you apply for the extension there is no registration. It would be good to have a copy of the owners house book and ID card in case they want that also.

At CW you will only need one TM7 form and a set of copies to attach to it.

Reports for CW indicate you do not need an updated Kor Ror 2 but that can always change. My advise is to get an updated one since they are so easy to get at any Amphoe or Khet (20 baht).

Thank you

The only problem I see is getting a copy of the apartments owners house book and ID. The staff at the office are very unhelpful. How can I do?