Israel says it broke up Hamas terror plot

webfact

Israel says it broke up Hamas terror plot
By Michael Schwartz, CNN

Jerusalem (CNN) -- Israeli security forces said Thursday they have broken up a wide-ranging terror plot, which would have included attacks on a football stadium, abductions and car bombings.

Authorities arrested at least 30 members of Palestinian militant group Hamas and seized rifles, ammunition and explosives, said the Shin Bet, the country's security agency.

The terror cells were getting orders from Hamas leaders in Turkey, while the operatives got their training outside Israel and were then smuggled back in to carry out the attacks, the Shin Bet said.

The arrests were made in September after explosive devices were detonated on August 31 in the West Bank, leading to a full investigation.

Full story: http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/27/world/meast/mideast-tensions/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2014-11-28

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what happens when Israel makes and breaks treaties. You can only push a group speak far before they become violent.

Or perhaps blaming Israel for Palestinian terrorism is racist against Arabs?

Did it ever occur to anyone how much further the peace process would have been by now if the Palestinians only used NON-VIOLENT protest methods?

Part of the explanation lies in the profound influence that the anti-Zionist ideology (a system of demonising ideas and representations about Israel and the Jews) now exercises in our culture. At the heart of the ideology is a deeply buried, often unconscious, assumption about the dichotomous natures of Israelis and Palestinians that warps our understanding of the conflict. Here it is:Palestinians (and Arabs in general) do not have agency and choice, and so cannot be held accountable and responsible. Israelis do and can; always, and exclusively.

Palestinians are understood as a driven people, dominated by circumstance and emotion, lacking choice, below the age of responsibility, never to be held accountable. Israelis are the opposite; masters of all circumstances, rational and calculating, the root cause of everything, responsible for everything.

It is, palpably, an Orientalist view of the Palestinians as the Other, except this time they are affirmed as noble savages. It’s a bit racist, to be honest. For example, the Liberal Democrat David Ward MP tweetedthat the Palestinian synagogue terrorists had been "driven to madness" - which not only removes agency from them but also sanity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/11243168/Blaming-Israel-for-Palestinian-violence-is-racist-it-denies-that-Arabs-are-moral-agents.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

And these are the people they supposed to sit down and negotiate with. bah.gif

Yes, the very people that have had their land stolen and been dispossessed of their country and birthright. I guess anyone in their position would fight back.

Edited by loongdavid
  • Like 2

This is what happens when Israel makes and breaks treaties. You can only push a group speak far before they become violent.

Did it ever occur to anyone how much further the peace process would have been by now if the Palestinians only used NON-VIOLENT protest methods?

Part of the explanation lies in the profound influence that the anti-Zionist ideology (a system of demonising ideas and representations about Israel and the Jews) now exercises in our culture. At the heart of the ideology is a deeply buried, often unconscious, assumption about the dichotomous natures of Israelis and Palestinians that warps our understanding of the conflict. Here it is:Palestinians (and Arabs in general) do not have agency and choice, and so cannot be held accountable and responsible. Israelis do and can; always, and exclusively.

Palestinians are understood as a driven people, dominated by circumstance and emotion, lacking choice, below the age of responsibility, never to be held accountable. Israelis are the opposite; masters of all circumstances, rational and calculating, the root cause of everything, responsible for everything.

It is, palpably, an Orientalist view of the Palestinians as the Other, except this time they are affirmed as noble savages. Its a bit racist, to be honest. For example, the Liberal Democrat David Ward MP tweetedthat the Palestinian synagogue terrorists had been "driven to madness" - which not only removes agency from them but also sanity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/11243168/Blaming-Israel-for-Palestinian-violence-is-racist-it-denies-that-Arabs-are-moral-agents.html

Look at a world map from 1947 to now. And then tell me who the invaders are. Israel has been slowly wiping palistine off the map, what should they do? Sit with their thumbs up their butts and take it? Or fight back? I know what I would do. Pick up a gun and fight off the invaders.

I believe it was the Jews that were thrown off their land over 2000 years ago by the arabs. Or at least the then Assyrians.

Well they have been hounded out many times, by the likes of the Romans and Babylonians. But mostly by the arabs.

So there goes your daft statement of endorsement to pick up a gun and fight to take it back, albeit many centuries later.

Hahaha.

I'm glad you brought up them being displaced 2000 years ago. I have an analogy for you.

If I own a house, and I'm forced to leave it, someone else claims the house as theirs, can I go back 20 years later and say that is my house? probably not. That's how I see it. Sure, the Jewish people lived there 2000 years ago, but it wasn't until the end of ww2 when they were injected by force back into the region. And they were given weapons, money and tech by the us and it's allies to allow them to stay there. That was the catalyst for the de-stabilization of the region.

• Like 1

It is a pity Hamas could not break up Israel.

Why do you hate Israel so much that you want it destroyed?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Israel as a political entity I despise. I do not hate Jewish people in general. Israel illegally occupies Palestinian land and continues to increase the area of occupation. What are the Palestinian people to do? Israel ignores their pleas for justice and the requests for their land back. Israel ignores the United Nations which says the occupation is illegal.

The Jews of Israel, above all others, should understand the plight and the pain of Palestinians after their experiences after WW2. However they show no compassion or empathy for these oppressed and displaced people.

Last time I checked Gazza was not occupied and in case you failed to keep up , Hamas is the government of Gazza

• Like 2

There is no negotiation with Muslim extremists. The world needs to wake up to this fact.

They truly believe they are on a mission from God.

Fact?

Opinion only.

Care to show otherwise?

It is, palpably, an Orientalist view of the Palestinians as the Other, except this time they are affirmed as noble savages. It’s a bit racist, to be honest. For example, the Liberal Democrat David Ward MP tweetedthat the Palestinian synagogue terrorists had been "driven to madness" - which not only removes agency from them but also sanity.

As to your question...it's truly laughable. Did it ever occur to you how far the peace process would have gone if Israel never invaded?

As to your quote, that too is laughable. Anti-Zionism is an ideology? A system demonising ideas and representations? Anti-Zionism is not an ideology. It's a stance, and "ideas" of Zionism are in fact the ideology. And and anti-Zionism is a stance that detests the Zionist ideology of complete conquest of The Promised Land, from the river to the sea.

I think it's quite reasonable to consider the idea that the synagogue murderers were indeed driven to madness....just look at what they and their families have been put through for decades. I think many people would have been driven to a psychotic event had they been through a quarter of what those men have been through all their lives. Of course, they may have been just malevolent terrorists....but we'll never know.

There is no negotiation with Muslim extremists. The world needs to wake up to this fact.

They truly believe they are on a mission from God.

Fact?

Opinion only.

Care to show otherwise?

Don't be so silly. Care to show it as a fact? No, because you can't.

Actually, why not? Show it as a lie rather than an opinion.

Here is one American group of experts who train people to negotiate with Muslim extremists. http://www.gpstc.org/islamist-terrorism-interview/

There's more, of course, but just one example is enough.

It is a pity Hamas could not break up Israel.

Why do you hate Israel so much that you want it destroyed?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Israel as a political entity I despise. I do not hate Jewish people in general. Israel illegally occupies Palestinian land and continues to increase the area of occupation. What are the Palestinian people to do? Israel ignores their pleas for justice and the requests for their land back. Israel ignores the United Nations which says the occupation is illegal.

The Jews of Israel, above all others, should understand the plight and the pain of Palestinians after their experiences after WW2. However they show no compassion or empathy for these oppressed and displaced people.

Last time I checked Gazza was not occupied and in case you failed to keep up , Hamas is the government of Gazza

When was the last time you checked? Decades ago? Gaza is most definitely occupied as defined by international law and the UN.

Please keep up, you're years behind.

• Like 1

Don't be so silly. Care to show it as a fact? No, because you can't.

Actually, why not? Show it as a lie rather than an opinion.

Here is one American group of experts who train people to negotiate with Muslim extremists. http://www.gpstc.org/islamist-terrorism-interview/

There's more, of course, but just one example is enough.

Cute, any success stories ?

Edited by konying