Dengue Fever in Central Pattaya-just heads up

konying

I also have had it twice. A blood test is in order as there is one particular strain that is more severe. The first time I caught it I was living on Thong Lor in Bkk. The second time was in Jomtien. The first time it lived up to its other name "Bone Break Fever".... The secind time more than ten years later, wasnt as bad. Yes...do not take aspirin due ti its blood thinning actions. Dengue can also be so severe that its also called Hememoragic fever.

• 8 months later...

Just came into my mind: Don't use Aspirin or similar medication. Paracetamol is OK.

Yep i read up about that. thank you

I am ok, just the itch from rash is killing me.

I am also eating 6-7 tabs of vitamin C daily

just tried it as well.....

40 degree fever and headache like never before, but not much of a rash (unless it didn't come yet, I am in day 2 or 3 I think (With the 40 degree fever I lost a bit the overview of time). But I would have happily take any rash in exchange to the headache and the weird fever dreams, I almost didn't know when I am away and when I am sleeping.

Area west of Bangkok...

Just came into my mind: Don't use Aspirin or similar medication. Paracetamol is OK.

40 degree fever and headache like never before, but not much of a rash (unless it didn't come yet, I am in day 2 or 3 I think (With the 40 degree fever I lost a bit the overview of time). But I would have happily take any rash in exchange to the headache and the weird fever dreams, I almost didn't know when I am away and when I am sleeping.

Area west of Bangkok...

Try antihistamin, seemed to help me, Do not hold me to it, as i took everything i could, but i think it helps in some weird way.

Also 8 hour tylenol.

Good luck, hang in there, it should get better in a day or so, first 3-5 days are the hardest

Area west of Bangkok...

Try antihistamin, seemed to help me, Do not hold me to it, as i took everything i could, but i think it helps in some weird way.

Also 8 hour tylenol.

Good luck, hang in there, it should get better in a day or so, first 3-5 days are the hardest

Today it is much better....can't tell if it is day 2 or 3 (I doubt 4), kind of hard to keep track with 40 fever....but could look when I stopped writing emails....

I used paracetamol and aspirin....Aspirin because I thought it is a normal flu. I never had a flu so I didn't know better. Of course I stopped with the Aspirin as soon as I rec and I am still alive....

When that headache stops the first time it is like christmas...........We had a water tank (or more like a huge bucket), and from the sun the lid cracked 2 days before I got sick I removed it....didn't look inside but maybe we were breeding the mosquito ourself????

Archived