Health Card for Foreigners

NiwPix

If you are staying, rather than just seeking consultation, the level of infection management they operate is critical. I have no idea whether Thai private hospitals are more diligent in their procedures than public hospitals, but they sure look cleaner, being newer (usually). Looking clean means nothing of course.

I'm finishing a stay at a public/private hospital of good reputation (Papworth) in the UK at the moment. Nurses these days seem to spend more time on infection management than they do nursing. The infection control team come round to make sure the taps in the bathroom and shower have been run every other day, what's that all about?

before we took the plunge to move to thailand permantly i had major heart surgery,valve replacement and a double by-pass[2007] at the top hospice in wales.

[cadiff].what i saw there and what little i have seen here does not alarm me one bit.

in cardiff i was in a single room,for 2days before my op.the room had shower,wc,bed and table for eating.

a cleaner came in twice a day,cleaned everything and finished up by wipeing the food table with the same cloth as what she used in the toilet,the wife did speak to her but she could not understand a word of english.

so for me to try and compare uk.and thai hospitals i can only go on what i have seen.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived