Urgently seeking someone around Chiang Mai.

sipi

I am urgently seeking someone around Chiang Mai who speaks fluent Thai and English, and can genuinely help a lady in distress; preferably a Moderator. Long story.

This is an urgent call, and not a Thai scam (no money involved). Please Message me if you are available, immediately.

Thanks in advance....

Edited by sipi
  • Like 1

I would not recommend to anyone sending their personal details such as facebook, phone numbers, Email addresses and Skype info as this same OP has requested in the general forum, to someone they do not know. Could be an advertising ploy, phishing scam or anything.

Can the OP be a little more specific with what this is about and than perhaps he will obtain some more responses, otherwise whoever sends the OP the requested details, do so at their own risk and discretion.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.

Log story but everything is working out.

Basically a friend of my wife had a stroke yesterday in Australia, and she has no relatives there. The doctor was trying to explain to her grand-daughter in Chiang Mai what was going on but they couldn't understand each other. Grandma died a few hours ago and we have told her grand-daughter.

• Like 2

I would not recommend to anyone sending their personal details such as facebook, phone numbers, Email addresses and Skype info as this same OP has requested in the general forum, to someone they do not know. Could be an advertising ploy, phishing scam or anything.

Can the OP be a little more specific with what this is about and than perhaps he will obtain some more responses, otherwise whoever sends the OP the requested details, do so at their own risk and discretion.

Hey Juice.

Here is the Thai lady and her grand-daughter that were going to screw you for millions.

Anyway, she has been dead for almost 12 hours; so she can't hurt you any more.

I can't assure that she won't haunt you though.

Goodnight.

• Like 2

Sipi .. I hope things turn out OK.

I can't help personally .. I'm not in Thailand ATM ... let alone in Chiang Mai.

Support ... 100%.

Good luck with all things.

Thanks David.

You are one of the true gentlemen TVF members.

If only there were more like you.

• Like 2

It's a trying, difficult - helpless feeling time - hope everything works itself out.....

Sometimes someone succumbing to a massive stroke is the luckier toss of the coin - both for the person involved and the family....

RIP

• Like 1

sipi

You did what you could...thats all that counts.

Sadly too late now for assistance...some posters didnt reply as you needed Chaing Mai locals...otherwise, I am sure they would have tried also.

And some others didn't reply as there was no info in the original post and private messages were extremely puzzling.

Beetlejuice perhaps went a little overboard, as he often does, but he was completely right in warning against a suspicious post that was cross-posted in the General forum too. ( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/780532-help (Now closed, but still visible and worth a read.)

From that topic in General:

post-64232-0-04927300-1417460603_thumb.j

and, in an apparent attempt to be as close as possible to your typical Nigerian e-mail:

post-64232-0-39102600-1417460906_thumb.j

It then turned out that the 'long story' (as in the OP) was exactly one and a half line of text.

The forum rules urge against solicitation, so not too strange you didn't get a lot of traction with only very vague information. Followed by rude comments by anyone not immediately sending you their phone numbers.

Don't blame other members for your own communication challenges or inability to grasp how an online community works.

Suggest to close this topic too.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Hey Juice.

Here is the Thai lady and her grand-daughter that were going to screw you for millions.

Anyway, she has been dead for almost 12 hours; so she can't hurt you any more.

I can't assure that she won't haunt you though.

Goodnight.

attachicon.gifpen.jpg

Surely, a bilingual physician from a clinic or hospital would help?

For example:

Loikroh Clinic

General family GP, Dr. Tawachai at the Loi Kroh Clinic, opposite Wat Loi Kroh.

62/2 Loikroh Road, T Changklan, A Muang, Chiang Mai 50100. Tel: 053 271571, fax: 053 208717.

Open Mon - Fri, 8am - 1pm, 4:30 - 8:30pm / Sat 8am - 1pm / Sun 4:30 - 8:30pm.

We tried all that and hit a wall. Booked up etc.

I didn't realise there are so few people in a city the size of CM that didn't speak English.

How hard is it to get on a forum and find someone?

> How hard is it to get on a forum and find someone?

Quite hard. Especially when you don't know anyone personally and remain anonymous, but demand immediate action from strangers and ask them to send their contact info to you. And promising them '$', while not explaining briefly what the situation / emergency is.

EDIT: Note that I'm not doubting your story now that you've explained it. I'm writing this mostly to explain why you got little traction, which could also be helpful to others if they're looking for some help on the forum.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

This all unfolded very quickly on a Sunday afternoon. I haven't been to Chiang Mai for 7 years.

As is turned out, I did find a complete stranger who has been a terrific help.....

on FaceBook.

• Like 1

Sipi, I'm a bit confused as to why you offered to pay for my transportation and accommodation in your PM. Where exactly were you expecting me to go?

Wherever you needed to go. I don't know Chiang Mai. I'm sure they have taxis and the like there. It takes money. Accommodation....?

If you needed money I would have sent it immediately. I'm not a charity..

• Like 1

I just want to make this perfectly clear. I did NOT ask for any personal details; let alone bank details! I still don't know JulieM real name, and don't care. I had money available through the Grand-daughter.

Support ... 100%.

Thanks David.

Not in Thailand, doesn't speak Thai. Fits non of the criteria you mentioned but if there were only more like him? I'm assuming the guy on Facebook was able to come up with more than empty platitudes.

Support ... 100%.

Thanks David.

Not in Thailand, doesn't speak Thai. Fits non of the criteria you mentioned but if there were only more like him? I'm assuming the guy on Facebook was able to come up with more than empty platitudes.

Incorrect. He spends half his time in Thailand and has a Thai wife. Speaks some Thai. Feel free to look at his profile, and his contributions to TV.

The "guy on facebook" is a lady, and Thai.

Support ... 100%.

Thanks David.

Incorrect. He spends half his time in Thailand and has a Thai wife. Speaks some Thai. Feel free to look at his profile, and his contributions to TV.

The "guy on facebook" is a lady, and Thai.

If I want to use Thai Visa at all I can't help but look at him. Thousands upon thousand of meaningless postings and as just in your case, adding no value.

Requesting someone in Chiang Mai who is bi-lingual to help someone with a dying Grandma is no value?

Yes, I learnt that quick.

I'd love to chat with you all day, but I have better things to do. Maybe this can help...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/4-farang-pub-fun-entertainment-and-expat-life/

I wasn't referring to your request having no value but to the response. I'm guessing such poor comprehension is one of the factors that has allowed ThaiVisa to become overrun with meaningless threads full of drivel, such as in the link you posted.