Barking biting soi dogs chasing me!

Jingthing

My first suggestion would be good Nike running shoes smile.png

But, seriously , just stand your ground, face them and growl back

I was in funky sandals.

The dangerous part was tripping or maybe running into traffic.

They were really coming at me ... this seemed different than the usual upset soi dogs.

I really got the feeling they wanted a taste.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do,

Yes, I generally just remain calm around the dogs and slowly try to avoid them.

Who knows but I think I would have been bitten this time without the runner.

Edited by Jingthing

If they are rabid would the video advice work?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think not. I believe somewhere in the video he says if they are rabid they will come at out even if you are going at them.

Running usually gets them angrier. It the prey drive that kicks in. Really standing your ground is best. I have seen my dog run up to cats or other dogs loads of times. If they stand their ground he stops (big sissy dog). But if they run he will give chase.

• Like 1

Running usually gets them angrier. It the prey drive that kicks in. Really standing your ground is best. I have seen my dog run up to cats or other dogs loads of times. If they stand their ground he stops (big sissy dog). But if they run he will give chase.

Thai dogs are like their owners, if you stand your ground they will run like cowards with the tail between their legs, or return with many to rip you to pieces.

Walking - length of bamboo.

Riding my bike today, slowly, residential soi. Dog came out of a gate behind me, barking like crazy, trying to bite my right leg. Slammed on the brakes. The dog stopped so fast he nose dived into the pavement. I then chased him back into his gate.

Walking back the neighbor, who I had not seen, gave me a big smile and a thumbs up !

Show them who is the Boss.

One of those 18 inch bamboo "Back scratchers". We have 5 dogs and loads around us and they are always fighting, I use the back scratcher as my Tool of choice for breaking them up . Cant really hurt them with it , but a good stinging WHAPP on the arse soon gets their attention and snaps them out of it

I nailed one when I lived in Ayutthaya, one of the worst places for wild dogs. Made a weapon of a meter long stick with some long steel nails at the end. Gashed one on the snout one night,the rest of the time I was there the rest of the pack knew me and kept out of the way. Show No Fear!

post-185211-0-43042300-1417348643.jpeg

Edited by kingalfred

do you know how to pick up a rock, stick or anything and break some skull?

rabies shots are not nice and you will need them if any skin is broken. i have never seen a dog or dogs attack back in thailand. though it does happen in the states with pit bulls and other breeds that have been trained to defend/ attack usually by gangster types or paranoid / pseudo military type property owners.

this pacifist calm voice or running crap does not work with dogs unless your a holy figure.

best case it to toss food down in front if them. i tried this once and tt turned the whole situation. applause from thais nearby as well. gained face by not getting angry.

another angle i want to try out is pissing on them. it signals many things about territory, but it would probably confuse them coming from a human.

Edited by fey