Miss Thailand World 2006

Jai Dee

Are all these women luuk kreung? I an not sure if I can identify more than one true Asian in the lot. Has the East Asian (including Thai-Chinese) desire to look like a Caucasian become totally obsessive in Thailand as elsewhere in East Asia?

Little wonder than the likes of Toxin and his fellow Hi-So Bangkok fellows look upon you ex-pat Farangs with such contempt when you are willing to be seen walking around in public with women who are clearly 100% ethnic Thai. I'll bet those of you willing to be seen in public with those darker skinned Isaan women make these Bangkok men's stomachs churn. It is little wonder that the term "Farang" has taken on such a negative connotation over the past decades.

I think that Thailand is in need of a new media campaign aimed at the ever growing Farang community, akin to the media campaign in the Thai media that has championed western and luuk kreung features as the only acceptable standard of beauty, in order to set us white boys straight.

Are all these women luuk kreung? I an not sure if I can identify more than one true Asian in the lot. Has the East Asian (including Thai-Chinese) desire to look like a Caucasian become totally obsessive in Thailand as elsewhere in East Asia?

Little wonder than the likes of Toxin and his fellow Hi-So Bangkok fellows look upon you ex-pat Farangs with such contempt when you are willing to be seen walking around in public with women who are clearly 100% ethnic Thai. I'll bet those of you willing to be seen in public with those darker skinned Isaan women make these Bangkok men's stomachs churn. It is little wonder that the term "Farang" has taken on such a negative connotation over the past decades.

I think that Thailand is in need of a new media campaign aimed at the ever growing Farang community, akin to the media campaign in the Thai media that has championed western and luuk kreung features as the only acceptable standard of beauty, in order to set us white boys straight.

Im not sure if you need glasses, but all look asian to me. Plus females of Thailand are not all dark, so what does tryin to look farang involve???

chang35baht,

Yes i think the girls in that pic are smoking and look better then the miss thailand world. But i think World bases more on brains then looks. Well thats what they are trying to tell everyone