"Privacy Error" Notice on trying to open Google, Yahoo, inter alia; Your connection is not private

This morning,- upon I resuming using my computer following "Hibernation",- it offered black screen with option of clicking "f1" Key AND then correcting the Time & Date.

Surprises me why the time & date would change to be being wrong, & thus prompting this start screen notice.

Upon "hibernating" my computer today for some hours, I again experienced the displeasure of the above start screen notice upon trying to resume using it ;

I am puzzled, & more suspicious, that time & date settings were wrong again.

And then, when I attempted to use Google, & Yahoo, inter alia, I was not able to get access ;

My efforts to copy & paste the Notice I receive upon trying to open Google were in vain.

Thus, I type the message here.

Your connection is not private.

Attackers may be trying to steal your information from www.google.com ( for example passwords, messages, credit cards ).

Addendum by me ;

URL

Notice has URL "https://www.google.com" ;

But, with "https" having a bold red line going diagonally upwards across it.

Re ; My efforts to source solution online prior to posting ;

a]

When I went online to find customary authoritative solutions ;

I was not able to access Google pages discussing this problem

b]

a youtube solution basically just instruct user to set correct time, & date ;

[ This I did ; But, still the problem exists ].

Currently,- I have many MS Word files open awaiting me to name, & save them, & also, I have many tabs to bookmark.

So,- I have not tried to restart the computer ahead of posting on ThaiVisa.com.

Anyway, this basic knowledge computer user is debut poster on ThaiVisa.com, & of course will welcome all the help I can get from the knowledgeable & helpful folks here.

Thanking you in advance.

The time/date issue is typically a sign of a dead CMOS battery, you don't mention if this is a desktop or laptop, but if a desktop this is fairly easy to resolve. Some of the other issues could also possibly be caused by incorrect date, which can cause all sorts of wonky problems

sent from my slimkat 1+ using tapatalk

• Like 1

check for any Cyrillic script appears when you try to access your Google page.

My laptop went haywire like the description when in Pattaya on hotel wifi.

IE failed soon after.

Try a different Browser ( Iwent Opera), and use Bing or the likes instead

1- indeed I think the CMOS battery of the computer is dead, therefore it doesn't remember the date every time it is powered off.

2- with an incorrect date, the computer thinks the SSL certificates used by https protocal are expired/invalid.

Solution: get a new CMOS battery for the mainboard, everything should be fine again.

• Like 1

Much thanks for the thoughtful replies got hence.

Sorry for not elaborating ;

Computer is a laptop.

Were I to pursue the "dead / faulty" CMOS Battery suggestion, should I desist from continuing to try accessing Google etc, & indeed all of internet ?

Furthermore,- what other avoidance should be my policy ahead of confirming, & then solving CMOS Battery cause ?

Important to inform is that I am presently up in the middle of the sticks of Thailand, & will not be able to visit a major metropolis here until some weeks from now.

I assume I should get laptop serviced by approved dealership for Fujitsu only ;

I will do further attempts to see if I get Cryllic script as font in the failed results.

Do yee think that my computer is being penetrated by a hacker ?

check for any Cyrillic script appears when you try to access your Google page.

My laptop went haywire like the description when in Pattaya on hotel wifi.

IE failed soon after.

Try a different Browser ( Iwent Opera), and use Bing or the likes instead

Try "Torch" and you might keep it./

How old is your Fujitsu laptop? It sounds as though its battery has stopped working. Laptops don't have a CMOS battery but instead depend on the laptop's battery. It could also be that you've got a nasty piece of malware, in which case you may need to boot the computer from its DVD drive or a USB drive to remove it. What OS are you running? Knowing that and the age of your computer will make it easier for us to give you relevant advice.

1- indeed I think the CMOS battery of the computer is dead, therefore it doesn't remember the date every time it is powered off.

2- with an incorrect date, the computer thinks the SSL certificates used by https protocal are expired/invalid.

Solution: get a new CMOS battery for the mainboard, everything should be fine again.

If after the OP has powered up and reset the date and time there shouldn't be any problems with SSL certificates and accessing sites.

If there still is a problem accessing the sites it suggests there's a problem in addition to the failed battery.

Here is further info. as requested :

Fujitsu Laptop is approx 3 years old

Operating System is Windows 7 ; 64 Bit

And, this morning, again after having put computer on "Hibernation" mode, I again got the black screen offering me "F1" option for to reset Time & Date so as to proceed with normal use of computer.

Full scan by MS Security Essentials application reports NO threats detected.

Here is further info. as requested :

Fujitsu Laptop is approx 3 years old

Operating System is Windows 7 ; 64 Bit

And, this morning, again after having put computer on "Hibernation" mode, I again got the black screen offering me "F1" option for to reset Time & Date so as to proceed with normal use of computer.

Full scan by MS Security Essentials application reports NO threats detected.

don't forget to save the settings when you exit the BIOS

How old is your Fujitsu laptop? It sounds as though its battery has stopped working. Laptops don't have a CMOS battery but instead depend on the laptop's battery. It could also be that you've got a nasty piece of malware, in which case you may need to boot the computer from its DVD drive or a USB drive to remove it. What OS are you running? Knowing that and the age of your computer will make it easier for us to give you relevant advice.

Laptops certainly do have a CMOS battery rolleyes.gif

Much thanks so far to all yee ThaiVisa.com posters for yer helpful replies.

At this stage I am still in the "getting a theoretical handle" on CMOS Battery matters ;

This is the pending situation ahead of I being in Bkk with :

a]

fast-tracked competent knowledge threshold for DIY effort by me to replace the CMOS Battery,

or more likely -- especially if I can determine that warranty still obtains

b]

well informed suggestion by me to approved Fujitsu service centre for they to replace this battery for me & perform all the appropriate ancillary actions.

I aim to return tomorrow to ThaiVisa.com with specific model details of my Fujitsu Lifebook, & the Google Images results per its CMOS Battery.

Meanwhile for the amusement of yee boffins,- I found this from Wikipedia ;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonvolatile_BIOS_memory

Laptops certainly do have a CMOS battery rolleyes.gif

Yeap, they certainly do and they will last for a long, long, long, long time. I have a couple of Toshiba laptops, one 8 years old and one 7 years old. I decided to disassemble both to do some preventive maintenance like cleaning the cooling fan assembly, putting in some faster CPUs, replacing the CPU and GPU thermal heat compound, etc. While doing this I decided to replace the CMOS battery in both...which is a 3.0V rechargeable lithium battery...both were soldered in but still easy to replace as long as you are comfortable with using a soldering iron. Anyway, I changed both and checked the CMOS voltage before and after removal of the batteries with a voltmeter...both were still good at 7 to 8 years of use...of course I knew this already because my BIOS setting always remained even if leaving the computer turned off, unplugged, main battery removed for several months. And when I opened up my less than one year old Lenovo laptop to install a SSD (I had to partially dis-assemble the laptop on this particular model to install the SSD by removing the keyboard and entire bottom cover) I saw the CMOS battery on its motherboard...also soldered in. Usually for "desktop" computers they are not soldered in but in a holder where the battery can be snapped in and out....kinda like replacing a watch battery.

Edited by Pib

OP, I've got the notice you mentioned using Chrome when visiting a couple of websites over the last few months. And below that error message it also refers to a probable certificate problem with the website. I expect Chrome is just saying the website's certificate is outdated/has an issue so it "may" have been hacked/not secure.

Edited by Pib