Will Pattaya Be Bereft Of Russians?

champers

The Thais always seem to figure out something.

So which nationalities (other than Chinese) will REPLACE these vanishing Russkies?

I asked this question also to my property agent: acc. to him, the investments from Russians are going down, but those from Indians! and Arabs are continously rising.

Guess, which I would prefer...

ever stayed on the same hotel floor with Indians and Arabs?

So which nationalities (other than Chinese) will REPLACE these vanishing Russkies?

I asked this question also to my property agent: acc. to him, the investments from Russians are going down, but those from Indians! and Arabs are continously rising.

MUCH better food!

And what do the Arabs have to sell on the world market that's different from the Ruskies? Are the Arabs now gonna finance their Thai holidays and condo purchases by selling dates? Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Hopefully me renting a place out for 6 -12 months next year in pattaya Or Jonteim , I might get a good deal seeing as though the agents might be a little desperate ? .. What do you reckon ..

If it's in a half finished Russian dominated development i don't think you will want it.

1 THB = 2 rouble now. Complete crash today and interest rates are up to 17% there.

You'll only find Russians in 7 elevens and Tesco from now on , maybe they can afford to buy water and bread .

7-11 too hi-so, water cost 10 baht for a small bottle there. I predict long lines of Ruskies filling up at the water machines around town, where it's 1-2 baht a litre ? As for bread...the same, more likely a family of four buys a 5 baht packet of Khow niow to share amoungst themselves along with a fried chicken wing.

It's really too bad for them really but that's what you get when you take on the United States...you get slapped down! They should never have vote in the Putin petty dictator.

Sanctions are helping but mainly it is the big drop in oil price. Venezuela is hurting too.

And what do the Arabs have to sell on the world market that's different from the Ruskies? Are the Arabs now gonna finance their Thai holidays and condo purchases by selling dates?

I think the Arabs sell oil in US dollars, so the price per barrel is down but they have volume.

The ruble fell a whopping 11% on Monday. 48% depreciation on the year.

Say by by to our Russian visitors.

Putin is counting on the rebound in oil prices.

What can he do get the oil price to move? Sink a US Carrier in the Persian Gulf?

This could be dangerous.

The Ruble has lost 21% against the USD in the last 2 days... Over 50% in this year alone... Funny, because it's the USD that should be tanking and not the Ruble... As long as the central bankers can print $$$, they will, to keep the derivatives bubble from popping... This too shall change...

The ruble fell a whopping 11% on Monday. 48% depreciation on the year.

Say by by to our Russian visitors.

Putin is counting on the rebound in oil prices.

What can he do get the oil price to move? Sink a US Carrier in the Persian Gulf?

This could be dangerous.

The Ruble has lost 21% against the USD in the last 2 days... Over 50% in this year alone... Funny, because it's the USD that should be tanking and not the Ruble... As long as the central bankers can print $$$, they will, to keep the derivatives bubble from popping... This too shall change...

for the record: the Ruble gained 11.6% vs. US-Dollar in the last 1½ days tongue.png

post-35218-0-06331900-1418875903_thumb.j

please show me one currency that did not tank vs. USD in 2014 whistling.gif

for the record: the Ruble gained 11.6% vs. US-Dollar in the last 1½ days tongue.png

attachicon.gifUSDRUB.JPG

There are lies, damned lies and statistics... Take you pick.... wink.png

You know as well as I do that this move in the RUB was based on the short squeeze when they announced the rate hike to 17.5%...

http://wbponline.com/Articles/View/38286/usd-rub-ruble-jumps-for-2nd-straight-day-on-verbal-assurances

Moscow - The ruble headed for a much needed two-day gain on Monday, recovering from a three month slump that led to a 21% depreciation against the dollar, falling 7.1% during the last week alone.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30490082

Russia's central bank made a drastic interest rate move overnight, raising its key rate from 10.5% to 17%.

The bank said the move was to try to ease the rouble's recent fall in value.

The rouble has lost almost 50% against the US dollar this year as falling oil prices and Western sanctions continue to weigh on the country's economy.

• Like 1

The THB. Averaging about the same this month as in January 2014.

touché! thumbsup.gif

attachicon.gifUSDRUB.JPG

You know as well as I do that this move in the RUB was based on the short squeeze when they announced the rate hike to 17.5%...

http://wbponline.com/Articles/View/38286/usd-rub-ruble-jumps-for-2nd-straight-day-on-verbal-assurances

Moscow - The ruble headed for a much needed two-day gain on Monday, recovering from a three month slump that led to a 21% depreciation against the dollar, falling 7.1% during the last week alone.

Russia's central bank made a drastic interest rate move overnight, raising its key rate from 10.5% to 17%.

The rouble has lost almost 50% against the US dollar this year as falling oil prices and Western sanctions continue to weigh on the country's economy.

what i know "dàmn well" is that the Ruble appreciated from 16dec 13.05 GMT till 18dec 11.50 Thai time exactly 22.47%

case closed tongue.png

never a profit or a loss until they sell ........................... if they can sell .................

Yep...and I say narry likely a Russian buyer to be found now and who else would want all the new theme condo complexes they've been flogging to the Ruskies the past few years. If the Russian buyers ever return it will be when their currency has recovered and so when the sales begin again there will be little to no net foreign currency gain.

touché! thumbsup.gif

We can only hope. Military Coup and still going strong. The baht was stronger pre and post coup than during it.

for the record: the Ruble gained 11.6% vs. US-Dollar in the last 1½ days

attachicon.gifUSDRUB.JPG

what i know "dàmn well" is that the Ruble appreciated from 16dec 13.05 GMT till 18dec 11.50 Thai time exactly 22.47%

case closed tongue.png

Dec 15th 0.17 Dec 18th 0.17

Edited by thailiketoo

So how many day till the bank run starts in Russia. Jomtien banks have been loaded with Russians recently?

Edited by thailiketoo

I was very surprised by how quiet it was going from Jomtien to Pattaya last night. None of the packed baht-buses and queues of Russians trying to get on one that one normally sees at this time of year, and hardly any tailback of traffic.

Walking around 2nd Rd/Beach Rd/ Sois 10-13 it all seemed very quiet indeed. More like September than the week before Christmas.

• Like 1

I was very surprised by how quiet it was going from Jomtien to Pattaya last night. None of the packed baht-buses and queues of Russians trying to get on one that one normally sees at this time of year, and hardly any tailback of traffic.

Walking around 2nd Rd/Beach Rd/ Sois 10-13 it all seemed very quiet indeed. More like September than the week before Christmas.

It's hard to tell in Pattaya, but isn't there always a lull in the weeks before Christmas? Airfares are higher and people like to spend Christmas with their families back in Russia/Europe. January to April is usually busier.