High pressure water cleaning of cars at big c

davidst01

Hi there petrol heads.

I have a new pickup and thus reluctant to take it for a wash at Big c where they have the high pressure cleaners. Do you think there is any impact on the exterior paint of using the high pressure water gernie jet?

thanks for your humble opinion regarding this serious matter

Often use a high pressure washer, for me it's a no-brainer since easy enough to adjust spray force by simply moving the jet closer or further away to determine pressure and only a mere few inches makes all the dif in PSI. Having said that, trusting the local car wash is a bit of a different situation but I did begin to do that before I left to get a quick detail and got mostly good results, but not for my full on details, I did that myself they never put in the effort I do and then charge me too, that is always a pet peeve of mine. Overall they do a lot of cars, it's not rocket science to learn where and when not apply too much water pressure, just hope you don't get one of the newbies doing it is all..

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 2

Folk here will disagree with me for sure but I would never use "high" pressure on a ride. BUT, there are enhanced water pressure wands that are not "high" pressure, big difference........

No, you are right !

But anyway the OP is talking about a cheap pickup.... yes go and karchet it !!!

Anyway no problem will rise if you wash it once a monce with pressure, especially if you explain to the slave that he cannot spreay too close :-)

Edited by ThaiSanookGuy

crazy.gif

Folk here will disagree with me for sure but I would never use "high" pressure on a ride. BUT, there are enhanced water pressure wands that are not "high" pressure, big difference........

No, you are right !

But anyway the OP is talking about a cheap pickup.... yes go and karchet it !!!

Anyway no problem will rise if you wash it once a monce with pressure, especially if you explain to the slave that he cannot spreay too close :-)

crazy.gifcrazy.gifburp.gif

• Like 1