A question regarding non immigrant visa O - I am confuesd

Hello!

I got non-Immigrant Visa "O since my husband got a job in Thailand. Next week I have to leave the country and go back, since my 90 days stay expire.

Does that mean that, in order to extend my visa, I have to leave the country again in three months? Maybe the question is stupid, but I am really confused by different informations I get.

Thanks

If you husband is working and has an extension of stay from immigration you can apply for an extension as his dependent.

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa you need to leave the country every 90 days and re-enter the country.

Check your visa, it under "number of entries" it says "multiple or M", then you can leave and re-enter until the "enter before" date.

Otherwise if it says "single or S" you will need to obtain an extension of stay at Thailand immigration at the same time your husband obtains his.

Otherwise if it says "single or S" you will need to obtain an extension of stay at Thailand immigration at the same time your husband obtains his.

This part is also a bit confusing - does that mean that with single visa, I am not obliged to leave/go back every 90 days?

The Single - S means One 90 day stay ... You will have to take other action depending on what your husbands visa / extension of stay status is...

You need to post the Visa / Extension of stay status of your husband -- which can bring a bit more clarity and the posters can offer more advice

I do have multiple 0 visa, but I just wanted to clarify exactly what single visa covers.

Thank you all or your replies.

So during possible three/four years of our stay in Thailand, I'll have to leave and back every three months, it's a bit frustrating,

Edited by azaazo9

I do have multiple 0 visa, but I just wanted to clarify exactly what single visa covers.

So during possible three/four years of our stay in Thailand, I'll have to leave and back every three months, it's a bit frustrating,

look at post 6 above for other options

Your visa will say how long it is valid for but every 90 days you need to leave and return. There will be a stamp in your passport stating on which date you need to leave, but you can leave before that date if necessary. Welcome to Thailand!

Even if you have a multiple-entry non-O visa, if your husband has an extension of stay for the reason of employment (look at his passport or bring it along to the immigration office), you can at any time during the last 30 days of your current permission to stay apply for a so-called dependent extension under clause 2.20 of the Police Order 327/2557

And until your change status based on your husband's status ... you don't have to "go back" ... rather just go make a border run to any neighbor country ... cross over ... get stamped and come back ... often only 30 minutes... before the 90 day permission to stay is up

Even if you have a multiple-entry non-O visa, if your husband has an extension of stay for the reason of employment (look at his passport or bring it along to the immigration office), you can at any time during the last 30 days of your current permission to stay apply for a so-called dependent extension under clause 2.20 of the Police Order 327/2557

Thank you for this info. But does that mean that this kind of extension gives me possibility of not making ob border run?

JDgruen, I know that it's just a border run, but to do border runs in a period of, say, four, five years, is enough frustrating.

Thank you for this info. But does that mean that this kind of extension gives me possibility of not making ob border run?

JDgruen, I know that it's just a border run, but to do border runs in a period of, say, four, five years, is enough frustrating.

Yes - you are correct... However, Just focus on coordinating your permission to stay - extension of stay with your Husband's Visa / Extension of Stay status. Depending on exactly your husband's status - it can all be taken care of at the Local Thai Immigration office... Then when both of you are on Extensions of Stay - you only have to report to the local immigration office every 90 days.

So - focus on your Husband's situation -- take documents to the Local Immigration office and start processing.