PM Prayut pledges to be more polite in answering reporters’ questions

Lite Beer

Prayuth is a very good public speakers, and his quote has been recited again and again by the nation school student.,

Reminds of a West equivalent: Winston Churchill & William Shakespeare. Not quite match the great Thai leader Prayuth, but close.

Well I am surprised about all the negativity directed here towards Prayut, I for one think the man is doing an excellent job and has a very difficult task ahead of him. A job that should have been done by a multitude of leaders before him. Most of the problems in this country are either due to the lack of action by previous leaders or that they were too active in stuffing theirs and their cronies pockets. Still what else but negativity could you expect from most on this site.

Prayuth is a very good public speakers, and his quote has been recited again and again by the nation school student.,

Reminds of a West equivalent: Winston Churchill & William Shakespeare. Not quite match the great Thai leader Prayuth, but close.

You are being facetious aren't you?

He's being a troll.

• Like 1

No, General Prayuth is a great man doing a wonderful job ridding Thailand of the evil Thaksin and all his corrupt cohorts. Everyone loves him and are very happy with the excellent work he is doing. Just ask ginjag and djjamie. wai.gif

You must realize I am both the junta leader, a dictator, and the PM. That is alot of juggle. I get stressed out sometimes. But, I promise to be nice. I really am a nice guy. Yes, I realize some think it is impossible to become both a general and the leader of the nations army and remain a nice guy, in the process. But, I promise I really am very nice, loving, huggable, and affectionate. I will be super kind to reporters in the future. Someone told me about this weird concept of PR. I must try to take that into account. I guess it might be important what the world thinks of my nation, so I will try harder. I really will.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No, General Prayuth is a great man doing a wonderful job ridding Thailand of the evil Thaksin and all his corrupt cohorts. Everyone loves him and are very happy with the excellent work he is doing. Just ask ginjag and djjamie. wai.gif width=20 alt=wai.gif>

Chottee's profile picture of a toilet with the legend "iCrap" seems to sum up his comments. wai2.gif

Before all future press conferences the general can just distribute a list of the questions to be asked and which he will answer politely. Those who ask other questions will receive answers in his normal unattitude adjusted manner.

The "PM's" of North Korea and Thailand are having a competition as to who can be the most popular. The General Should take up golf and beat the former NK leaders record of about 10 holes in one in his first game of golf. After all, he purchased plenty of golf ball finders, sorry I mean bomb detectors.

Did he really get 10 holes in one in his very first game of golf? If it's true and you are not just making it up, then it is a remarkable achievement and he could easily get on the pro tour.

Before all future press conferences the general can just distribute a list of the questions to be asked and which he will answer politely. Those who ask other questions will receive answers in his normal unattitude adjusted manner.

The "PM's" of North Korea and Thailand are having a competition as to who can be the most popular. The General Should take up golf and beat the former NK leaders record of about 10 holes in one in his first game of golf. After all, he purchased plenty of golf ball finders, sorry I mean bomb detectors.

Did he really get 10 holes in one in his very first game of golf? If it's true and you are not just making it up, then it is a remarkable achievement and he could easily get on the pro tour.

No. It was 11. And it's true. The NK media never lie.

. According to North Korean media, KJU has set the world record for the lowest round of golf, containing 11 hole-in-one’s.

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/10-north-koreas-leader-kim-jong/

Classes in public speaking, verbal judo and interviewing are sometimes beneficial. I don't know if the PM has ever attended them, but it seems in order.

As for the vitriolic, baseless and juvenile comments from posters, perhaps they could benefit from similar.

"Put the bottle down and turn a page".

Edited by Benmart

Each and every time he opens his mouth he digs himself in deeper and adds fuel to the fact he really is not the man for the job (I'm being excessively polite here). He has one style of man-management and that is what he learned in the military, a loud, abrasive, unthinking, egotistical type who thinks only his words count

But in turn, he said he would like to ask the media to not pose provocative questions or questions that could agitate others.

Mr. PM, you could do as the politicians in the US do. If you don't like the question, relax, take a breath, and just give the answer to question that no one asked. Expand on your non-responsive answer until all the time for the press conference is gone. They will get the idea and you don't have to come off as angry or controlling.

It's not only in the US...it's standard for all western democracies. Problem is he is Army.....used to just telling it truthfully as it is and as it is going to be. Doubt whether in the short time he has set as his own elected leader term he can learn the politicians switch it or bull sh!t it methods.

Oh the army is "truthful" now... you must have missed the point: they have been leading this country in this way since the end of the WW2 and I didn't see anything so truthful, trasnsparent or clean besides their boots now that you licked them so well.

Edited by Nakajima