Villagers panic as crocodile is spotted in South Pattaya Lake

webfact

Villagers panic as crocodile is spotted in South Pattaya Lake

lake-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Monday afternoon, sea rescue units were called to a lake in South Pattaya after villagers spotted a large crocodile.

Khun Prayon aged 65 was the first to raise the alarm after he placed fish traps along the lake, as he normally does, but was forced to run away from the lake after he saw the crocodile, thought to be at least 1.5 meters in length.

Marine Officials arrived at the lake, located behind a Go Kart Track in Soi 9 off the Tepprasit Road, and were baffled as to where the crocodile came from.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/157392/villagers-panic-as-crocodile-is-spotted-in-south-pattaya-lake/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-03

1.5 meters is hardly a large crocodile.

It could give you a nasty suck though.coffee1.gif

About 15 years ago a couple of surfers on the a north New South Wales coast beach scoffed when they sighted a 1 meter shark near them chasing bait fish. They kept surfing until one of them lost half a calf muscle.

Crocodile in South Pattaya Lake caught after 24 hour search

croc-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Following a search lasting more than 24 hours for the elusive crocodile which was spotted in a lake in South Pattaya, it was announced on Tuesday afternoon that the 2 meter long reptile had been caught.

Extra boats were brought in along with water pumps which would have drained the lake if the search had not been successful.

Eventually the crocodile, thought to be aged between 2 and 5 years old, was spotted and caught by a group of over 30 brave villagers and rescue workers.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/157615/crocodile-in-south-pattaya-lake-caught-after-24-hour-search/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-04

1.5 meters is hardly a large crocodile.

Go and assist in the capture then.

I grew up on the edge of the Everglades and dealt with alligators and American crocs fairly regularly. I would not have a problem assisting them, assuming they wanted or needed help. Obviously they don't. My statement of a 1.5 meter croc being small has nothing to do with my willingness or unwillingness to go after the thing. The article makes it seem as if a monster croc is loose and everyone needs to run for their lives which is of course, rubbish. Now going after then one in the Congo that got Hendrik Coetzee, that's a different story. I would be very, very wary of being in those waters.

Edited by ScottMallon